Who else here HATES Cartman besides me?!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:24 am

Oneirogenic wrote:
Athena1999 wrote:
Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:You're not alone on this, trust me, but put this on the Piggy Talk thread. You'll get a lot of flames this way.

Believe me, it's fun watching you guys on the thread, especially the inexperienced LPF's (?) trying to defend how great Cartman is with their "OMG CARTMAN R0X0RZ HES SOOOO HOTTTTT" or whatever. To be honest, I occassionally read that thread for the sake of getting a good laugh, but I prefer to not really get involved.

8D CARTMANS SO COOL I LUVC HIM HE IS FUNNY AND I LUV HIS JOKES HE IS FAT LOL SMRAT!!!

Is that more in-character?

I'd have to say yes, except they probably wouldn't say "FAT" but "BIG-BNOED" or "FESTIVLY PLMUP", to quote their idol.
Master K 47

Postby Master K 47 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:11 pm

NO WAY!. Cartman is the greatest character ever. I really don't see how people can hate him (apart from the odd racist jokes he makes) even then they aren't even that bad :P
adamb10

Postby adamb10 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:19 pm

I despise Cartman sometimes yet I really like him alot. I ultimately despise him for playing tricks on his friends yet love him for the jokes he makes.
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:25 pm

God, so it's cool to hate Cartman just b/c he's popular? I think the only reason people hate Cartman is b/c they have this desire to be opposite and feel good about themselves b/c they don't like the person everyone else likes.

He's a good character who has more emotional depth than any other character. We know who he is and sometimes there are surprises and sometimes there are not. Either way, he's not an emotional board. He doesn't just stand there and talk. He's the most realist character of them all and I like the other boys but Cartman is it. He's South Park and haters can either like it or not. Get used to the fact that he's the show that most people like to see and hear from. If it wasn't for Cartman, and if there was one episode without him, I think most people would get bored. Hearing plain talk is just boring. We all like to hear the boys rip on each other from time again, and if there were no Cartman, who would they rip on?
hitman_kenny

Postby hitman_kenny » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:58 pm

To me he is the best character after Kenny, it's funny how he talks and he does many stupid things that are funny and original. Also it's funny how his friends call him names :)
[url=http://imageshack.us:572e8][img:572e8]http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6426/sig4jh.gif[/img:572e8][/url:572e8]
DownWithCalifornia

Postby DownWithCalifornia » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:53 pm

Let me put it this way:

Thinking of Cartman's personality and character, he's hilarious and kicks ass. But as a real person, he's someone who in the only situation I'd like to meet is one where I could have a perfectly good excuse to beat the sh*t out of him.

I think that might discribe what several other people think as well.
Siggy 100% Paint, 'cause Photoshop pisses me off.Image
kaileykorn

Postby kaileykorn » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:58 pm

MissingOctober wrote:He's a good character who has more emotional depth than any other character. We know who he is and sometimes there are surprises and sometimes there are not. Either way, he's not an emotional board. He doesn't just stand there and talk. He's the most realist character of them all and I like the other boys but Cartman is it. He's South Park and haters can either like it or not. Get used to the fact that he's the show that most people like to see and hear from. If it wasn't for Cartman, and if there was one episode without him, I think most people would get bored. Hearing plain talk is just boring. We all like to hear the boys rip on each other from time again, and if there were no Cartman, who would they rip on?

I used to think that Cartman had some emotional depth, but the sad truth is that out of the four boys, he has the least amount. Sure, he's funny, witty, and keeps the show alive - but so do the rest of the characters. He's not the show - Cartman alone cannot make up South Park, no matter how popular he is. Cartman needs the other characters to play off of in order to create the jokes that most people find funny. Without them, it would be bland and yes, people would get bored.

Cartman's the main one who provides the humor, yes, but there are other vital components of the show that other characters provide - for example, it's usually Stan and Kyle that bring the emotional depth into the plotline, and so on.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:47 am

MissingOctober wrote:God, so it's cool to hate Cartman just b/c he's popular? I think the only reason people hate Cartman is b/c they have this desire to be opposite and feel good about themselves b/c they don't like the person everyone else likes.

Damn! She figured us out, Stovepipe! We're gonna have to disband and embrace the greasy chins :roll: :lol:
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:21 am

MissingOctober wrote:We all like to hear the boys rip on each other from time again, and if there were no Cartman, who would they rip on?

Now reverse that question. If there were no other boys, who would Cartman rip on. Cartman is a great character because he is an assh*le. He can't be an assh*le if there were no other kids around him. And nobody's saying we should take Cartman out of the show. The point of the character of Cartman is for us to hate him... not wish for him to leave the show. In any movie, we are supposed to hate the bad guy but if there was no bad guy, the movie would be very dull. Cartman haters hate him because he's an assh*le and there's nothing wrong with hating the assh*le of the show. He's funny... but still a dick.

MissingOctober wrote:God, so it's cool to hate Cartman just b/c he's popular? I think the only reason people hate Cartman is b/c they have this desire to be opposite and feel good about themselves b/c they don't like the person everyone else likes.

The Cartman haters probably think somewhat like this: "Why is everyone in love with this racist assh*le (Cartman)? Let me show everyone why I hate him and why he is supposed to be hated." The fact that he is popular even though he's a racist assh*le probably angers them even more.

P.S. I'm not a Cartman hater.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:33 pm

Kyle's_Marklar wrote:
MissingOctober wrote:We all like to hear the boys rip on each other from time again, and if there were no Cartman, who would they rip on?

Now reverse that question. If there were no other boys, who would Cartman rip on. Cartman is a great character because he is an assh*le. He can't be an assh*le if there were no other kids around him. And nobody's saying we should take Cartman out of the show. The point of the character of Cartman is for us to hate him... not wish for him to leave the show. In any movie, we are supposed to hate the bad guy but if there was no bad guy, the movie would be very dull. Cartman haters hate him because he's an assh*le and there's nothing wrong with hating the assh*le of the show. He's funny... but still a dick.

The Cartman haters probably think somewhat like this: "Why is everyone in love with this racist assh*le (Cartman)? Let me show everyone why I hate him and why he is supposed to be hated." The fact that he is popular even though he's a racist assh*le probably angers them even more.

P.S. I'm not a Cartman hater.

If you must know, I hate him not becuase he's an assh*le, but he's an assh*le who gets away with being an assh*le. Butters gets a severe ripping for doing practially nothing while Scrotumneck get a pat on the ass for his evil schemes that are as huge as his rectum. His usual punishment is that Kyle and Stan just stare at him quietly.

Will: Should we make this the "Ofiicial Cartman Hating Thread" and make it as sticky as Piggy's ass crack?
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
MixStan

Postby MixStan » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:40 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:Wow, finally some new blood. 8)

I hate Cartman. Nice to meet you, ma'am.

BTW you shouldn't make threads about it. It leads to problems. Use the Cartman discussion thread to voice your opinions.

Totally agree with you S_J!
Kyle's_Marklar

Postby Kyle's_Marklar » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:24 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:BTW you shouldn't make threads about it. It leads to problems. Use the Cartman discussion thread to voice your opinions.

No, that'll just lead to bitching from all the Cartman fans.
Remember... the more posts you have, the bigger your penis is!
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Sun Jul 02, 2006 1:23 am

No way, Butters and Cartman are my two favorite characters, because my fourth grade personality was split between them. I was like Butters because I always avoided cursing and overreacted to really small things, but I was like Cartman because I used to be a racist brat (a lot of things Cartman's done, I've done worse).
ImageImageImage
candies

Postby candies » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:32 am

i'll tell you the true i love cartman on southpark how you hate him he makes the show on some episode. he got likes of humer and jokes more than all the kids on the show thats why i like southpark if he wasn't in the show it will go slow :o
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
luxurious

Postby luxurious » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:50 am

How, can you hate a cartoon character? Are you people being serious or just playing?

Return to “Character Discussion”