Who else here HATES Cartman besides me?!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue May 08, 2007 7:55 pm

1- You put forward the theory that if you don't like the humor or character than you can't possibly get the show and, therefore, can't be a fan. So I used an example that blew that out of the water. Instead of acting like a goddamned suck-up and attempting dismiss it, tell me why what I have interpreted wrong.

2- Okay, so we don't disagree there. I don't think Cartman is funny when it's constant. Hence, some episode are downgraded because of it. However, I actually have a question: In your world, is it possible to get/understand humor and still not think it;s funny? Because I certainly can and hence my opinions. Do I understand why people like Cartman? Yes. When used properly, as a designated hitter, is he funny? YES. However, is he a good character when he is overused? In my opinion, no. So, where am I wrong on this?

3- Yet again, I intended to blow another one of your insane theories out of the water. Instead of wasting time, how about you tell me why I was wrong on this account.

3B- Yet again, do I understand where the humor that you like is, and I do I see why people find things I don't find funny funny to them? Yes. I get it . However, that doesn't mean I have to find it funny. Quite frankly, I don't care who or why they make the show for. I like the majority of the episodes so far this year, loved most of season ten, but hated season nine. So, regardless of why they make the show, I will state my opinion.

4- It is supposed to be silly and funny. But guess what? It usually isn't silly, and some of it isn't funny. Hence why I have some complaints, much of it revolving around a character I don't like.

5- You are a suckup as well as an absolutist who sticks to orphanage defenses.

6- I don't hate you, nor do I think your views are bullsh*t. Wrong, perhaps? Obviously, or we wouldn't be typing. However, did you intend to find a battle? No.

*Orphanage defenses: Debating tactic where you stick to universal topics or sayings that allow you to attack from a position of vague relevance.*
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu May 10, 2007 8:17 pm

Cartman is a villain character, like Lex Luthor. He was designed to be hated. If you find his actions shocking or over the top, that was kind of the whole point. At the same time, he's a member of the group, and is more complex a character than some people give him credit for. For example, if Kyle were to come down with a terminal illness, I can see Cartman mourning over it, while simultaneously looking for ways he could personally benefit from it. Both are aspects of his personality.

Cartman is funny precisely because he's abnormal and shocking. The reason we find certain things humorous is because it allows us to differentiate them from what we consider normal situations in life.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu May 10, 2007 10:17 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:Cartman is a villain character, like Lex Luthor. He was designed to be hated. If you find his actions shocking or over the top, that was kind of the whole point. At the same time, he's a member of the group, and is more complex a character than some people give him credit for. For example, if Kyle were to come down with a terminal illness, I can see Cartman mourning over it, while simultaneously looking for ways he could personally benefit from it. Both are aspects of his personality.

Cartman is funny precisely because he's abnormal and shocking. The reason we find certain things humorous is because it allows us to differentiate them from what we consider normal situations in life.

I like shock, but when every single time we see Cartman it is, "Shock, shock, shock, etc." it doesn't shock anymore. It's actually boring because you if you can guess when the shock comes, it depletes any value it might have.

Also, on the Kyle/Cartman relationship; It used to be funny when once in a while they would get pissed off at one another and rip on each other. But, it has come to the point where if they are onscreen and communicating, it will just become them bitching at each other.

Basically; Shock is shock if it happens once a while. Otherwise, it isn't shocking and isn't a good use of shock. Rivalries and arguments are funny, but not when it comes to the point where you can stuff two people into a scene and imagine the dialogue word-for-word.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Wed May 16, 2007 10:06 pm

I've said what I have to say and i've come to two conclusions.

1. We don't watch South Park for the same reasons.
2. Your expectations of what South Park should be is very "unique" to say the least.

Have a nice day.
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri May 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Careful, Shane. You don't want to be labelled a "Hater".

Oh, and, f*cking assh*le, let me beat you to it:

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're melting down again, MEWSTER!!!
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon May 21, 2007 10:13 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:I've said what I have to say and i've come to two conclusions.

1. We don't watch South Park for the same reasons.
2. Your expectations of what South Park should be is very "unique" to say the least.

Have a nice day.

You too, sir.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:34 pm

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:Careful, Shane. You don't want to be labelled a "Hater".

Oh, and, f*cking assh*le, let me beat you to it:

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You're melting down again, MEWSTER!!!

Thanks for outing yourself....yet again.. I think last time you did this you started a thread about it, didn't you?

Good to see you again, I was wondering how my "Stalker" was doing ever since he said he was leaving this BBS. How's the wife?
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Wed May 23, 2007 8:52 pm

The f*cking assh*le wrote:Thanks for outing yourself....yet again.. I think last time you did this you started a thread about it, didn't you?

No, f*cking assh*le, I started a thread about the last election, you chose to ignore points and gave a pompous reply, instead. I told you to get over yourself, then your provoked the reply I gave to you. I'm not happy with what i did, other than I outed you as a hyopcrite, and I'm sorry the rest of the board was exposed to it. You're not, of course, but you're not a "hater" are you?

The f*cking assh*le wrote:Good to see you again, I was wondering how my "Stalker" was doing ever since he said he was leaving this BBS. How's the wife?

Awww, the f*cking assh*le missed me! How did you make up for it, torturing small animals?

Is your ego so huge that you think I'm stalking you? Why indulge your self-importance?

I'm visiting, BTW.

And I see you doing another spin and avoiding my questions about what makes me a "hater", how you define it and what make you so important that you can make such a hypocritical judgement.
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:31 pm

You really do make this so easy Mewster. I don't even really have to try because your post and name calling says it all. You don't post for six months and you blame me for you leaving, yet you come back to attack me. That's classsic. And as far as outing yourself, I was refuring to you making a thread about why you had to change your screen name. To this day, that is still my favorite thread on this bbs.

Let the meltdown begin.
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed May 23, 2007 9:35 pm

I thought the relentless name calling aimed at CTE by many members was what caused him to leave? You know... the whole 'FIND A NEW PUNCHBAG' in the signature, and the what-not.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed May 23, 2007 9:40 pm

Can we stop this you two before it gets out of hand and the topic is locked?
Killahertz9

Postby Killahertz9 » Wed May 23, 2007 9:46 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Can we stop this you two before it gets out of hand and the topic is locked?

But Daddy, he started it! HA!
Last edited by Killahertz9 on Wed May 23, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed May 23, 2007 9:47 pm

Killahertz9 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:Can we stop this you two before it gets out of hand and the topic is locked?

But Daddy, he started it! HA!

*Takes out a belt*
Don't you remember last time?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 23, 2007 9:50 pm

You show 'em, Shane-O!

* @BigWill munches on an apple
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Winadollar

Re: Who else here HATES Cartman besides me?!

Postby Winadollar » Wed May 23, 2007 10:06 pm

cloudywings211 wrote::evil: he's really annoying! he's the one who causes the trouble for the other boys....he's such a butthole.

he needs to stop picking on the other kids just because they're jewish or poor or because their dog is gay,he's probably just jealous that he's not as cool as the others.

fatass needs to get off his case!!!

It's called a "cartoon TV show" :roll: Stop getting so worked up...

Return to “Character Discussion”