Who else here HATES Cartman besides me?!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:58 am

Shas'O Marsh wrote:
Idon'tknow wrote:My opinion is that Cartman may be vile and evil but he's vile and evil in away that almost forces you to aperciate and even to a certain extent admire him

No, not really. I don't think evil and vile are things to appreciate or admire. You can admire his ambition, though not his aims, and appreciate his desire and determination. There are traits you can admire, but then again, many of these same traits can be found in war criminals and gang leaders. Not exactly a bunch of people I admire.

AMEN!
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
Sizzling Lynn

Postby Sizzling Lynn » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:29 pm

I appreciate that Cartman has contributed greatly to South Park and that he is downright freaking hilarious at times, but I wouldn't say that I admire him. Admire is a word used for someone you look up to or see good things in (as in doing good things for others).
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:21 pm

Kyleandbuttersrockz wrote:omfg cartman rules jesus. hes my 3rd favorite character!

If Fatass rules Jesus, I'm converting to Islam.
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
phatcartman655

Postby phatcartman655 » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:54 pm

i like cartman, but he kinda makes me mad.
SouthParkSoul

Re: Who else here HATES Cartman besides me?! Part II

Postby SouthParkSoul » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:42 am

Without Cartman, the show would be boring. No jew jokes, no extravagant plans to take something over make money, no more finding ways to make it so that he wins (and Kyle loses)
Küssen Sie meinen Esel

Taking the Banner of the Holy Marsh! Death to the Vile Lard!
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:04 am

I used to hate Cartman (what he made for Kenny in BLU), however I like him now, I watch because of him. He's the still funny character and I love when he makes fun of Butters, if I could help him! :twisted:

They aren't making Cartman's episodes, I see much more Butters! I want more Cartman, he's hilarious (and smart). I like the Kyle/Cartman fighting really funny! :lol: I just think that he needs make fun of Stan and make fun of Kenny more.
Last edited by Lady_Line_McCormick on Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!

Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:41 am

Let me stir this pot...

I love how people love to say that the show would suck and be boring without Fatass.

Are these people saying that Matt & Trey are incapable of creating a consistently funny and interesting show if they didn't have Fatass? Do Fatass fans not have faith in Matt & Trey's creative talents?

OK, I gonna stand back now... :twisted:
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:56 am

Well, every show has its' hated characters. And they NEED them. Just like every good story has a problem in the story line, every show needs its' hated, and loved characters. If you know what I mean.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
marvel_freak_42

Postby marvel_freak_42 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:08 am

Cartman's Top Enemy wrote:Let me stir this pot...

I love how people love to say that the show would suck and be boring without Fatass.

Are these people saying that Matt & Trey are incapable of creating a consistently funny and interesting show if they didn't have Fatass? Do Fatass fans not have faith in Matt & Trey's creative talents?

No, absolutely not. But I feel (and it's just my opinion, and nothing else) like hating Cartman and loving South Park would be like liking a band such as U2 and hating Bono... it doesn't make a lot of sense... I can't fully explain it at the moment.

gtaca2005 wrote:Well, every show has its' hated characters. And they NEED them. Just like every good story has a problem in the story line, every show needs its' hated, and loved characters. If you know what I mean.

Heck yes! Cartman's the guy you love to hate. He's also the best reason to root for the bad guy since The Terminator.

Sick of these analogies yet?

:lol:
Founder of the Western Orthodox Branch of the Church of Butters!

"The world will know peace when humanity is extinguished."
-- False Awakenings
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:29 pm

Yes! I will say that South Park would NOT be as interesting or consistently funny without Fatass.

The genius of Matt and Trey created Doughboy with his outrageous personality and getting rid of him would cripple the show. They have created other wonderful characters but to replace Cartman they would have to clone him. They NEED a character like Cartman. Without him the show would loose its edginess.

Yes, Matt and Trey are very creative and they could create a funny and interesting show without Cartman but it would not be South Park.

Why remove the character responsible for propelling the story line of so many fantastically successful episodes? If Fatass shocks and offends then he is doing his job! If Fatass becomes the hero at the end of the story it is always funny! If it irritates you that Cartman does not always get what he deserves, …well, maybe you need to be irritated. I do enjoy it when he gets me pissed-off!

I think that some are upset because Fatass never learns from his mistakes. I think it makes some mad that the consequences of his actions have no lasting effect. But…that’s our Cartman!

Cartman:
“I know I’m special. This is not news to me.”
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:05 pm

termsofuse wrote:

Yes! I will say that South Park would NOT be as interesting or consistently funny without Fatass.

The genius of Matt and Trey created Doughboy with his outrageous personality and getting rid of him would cripple the show. They have created other wonderful characters but to replace Cartman they would have to clone him. They NEED a character like Cartman. Without him the show would loose its edginess.

Yes, Matt and Trey are very creative and they could create a funny and interesting show without Cartman but it would not be South Park.

Why remove the character responsible for propelling the story line of so many fantastically successful episodes? If Fatass shocks and offends then he is doing his job! If Fatass becomes the hero at the end of the story it is always funny! If it irritates you that Cartman does not always get what he deserves, …well, maybe you need to be irritated. I do enjoy it when he gets me pissed-off!

I think that some are upset because Fatass never learns from his mistakes. I think it makes some mad that the consequences of his actions have no lasting effect. But…that’s our Cartman!

Cartman:
“I know I’m special. This is not news to me.”

Some would say that Fatass is so beloved by so many LPF's that M&T would suck if they didn't have a Fatass on the show. Many LPF's here have demonstrated this.
fuct321

Postby fuct321 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:57 pm

There would'nt be a show without Dough Boy. Who comes up with all the crazy ideas and evil scemes? F*ckin' Kyle?!..NO!!! All that tight ass does is try to drag Cartman down to his narrow estimation of what life has to offer. Give thanks for Fat Boy,without him it would be just another boring redneck town. F*ck Kyle!!!
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:26 pm

Don't insult Kahl... that's fatass's job! He needs the other charactars to "feed off" (like he needs to feed any more :) ) or what reason would he have to insult joos and fags and hippies? Without Cartman, who'd Kyle have to defend his beliefs from, or fight with? What reason would Stan have to come alive?

The show isn't Cartman; it's (mainly) Cartman's interactions with the other kids.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
SouthParkSoul

Postby SouthParkSoul » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:26 am

Now ya see, the things that happen to the normally shaped kids on the show aren't really that far out. It's Fat kid's JOB to make sure things are blown out of proportion and things get out of hand. That way M&T can show people how stupid their ideas look by exagerating them.
Küssen Sie meinen Esel

Taking the Banner of the Holy Marsh! Death to the Vile Lard!
Ashlyn

Re:

Postby Ashlyn » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:22 am

kimmyfouge6 wrote:I wasn't involved in the previous discussion that apparently led to a flame war, but I'll toss in my two cents...

I'm not the biggest fan of Cartman, since he gets on my nerves a lot (the fact that Kyle is my favorite character probably has a lot to do with it). I admit that I enjoy episodes in which Kyle one-ups Cartman, or he otherwise gets what's coming to him such as in Cartmanland.

However, I can't say that he isn't a useful character, or that the show would be better without him. He definitely makes the show funnier and more entertaining, whether you want him to succeed or not, and I don't think that the show would be the same if Matt and Trey wrote him out.

My thoughts exactly.... Yay Kyle!

Return to “Character Discussion”