Who the smartest: stan or kyle

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Mon May 07, 2007 11:47 pm

When comparing leadership I think its better to compare Cartman and Stan.

Stan is definantly the leader, but he is not the smartest. He takes advice hence Kyle would be his chief advisor. Kyle has some leadership strength in him, but Stan is better at it. I think Kyle is thore intellectually inteligent of the two.

Cartman however believes his ideas and opinions are far superior to others. Hence why he would not have a council of advisors, only smart people who will follow him unquestionably. People like Butters.

Haven't you noticed Cartman never goes to the others to help him make an important decision? He instead goes to Stan/Kyle/Kenny to recruit them to follow his plan, or Butters when they refuse.

But back on topic, Kyle is the intellectual and wise advisor. Stan is good at listening to other ideas and logically deciding which is best.
--------------------

Thrawny
vexille

Postby vexille » Tue May 08, 2007 10:37 pm

I better start drawing up a list of all the smart things that Stan has done and said through the course of the series. The message doesn't seem to be sinking deep enough for my liking.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Wed May 09, 2007 12:42 am

Vival La Both indeed!
BrittanyRose

Postby BrittanyRose » Wed May 09, 2007 7:28 pm

Kyle.
MissingOctober

Postby MissingOctober » Thu May 10, 2007 7:37 pm

Stan. Kyle is good with questioning things but Stan thinks about how things benefit society and life. What is so wrong about this, how could we change this? Kyle figures out the problems but Stan decides how they should deal with them.
jewish pride

Re: Who the smartest: stan or kyle

Postby jewish pride » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:43 am

kyle is smarter, i think we see this on many episodes and i dont just mean because he's better in school

there is no doubt that stan is smart though
CaptainCameron

Postby CaptainCameron » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:44 pm

It depends on what the subject is and what we consider smart. Kyle is better at math and science, Stan seems better at english and common sense.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 am

Kyle is better academically wise and he studied philosophically. I'm 18 and it's was difficult for me to read Descartes, yet Kyle pulled it off without anybody helping him. Kyle is able to make quicker decisions, and even though he seems slightly behind in fads, he is about as Street Smart as Stan. Therefore, I think Kyle is smarter than Stan.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:53 am

Talk about necro-ing a thread :P

I think Kyle is very smart, but is also naive on many subjects. Subjects that Stan knows about; but still I feel that Stan isn't as smart as Kyle. But Stan is not as naive.

Take the episode of when Cartman had to go to Scotland to get Kenny's soul out of him. Stan saw right through John Edward's BS, but Kyle went to Jewliard to learn things because of the white doves.

My Point: They are both very smart, but Kyle, who is smarter, is more naive.

My vote then is for Stan.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:55 am

Can't decide. They mention Kyle's smarts in the show, but Stan defineitly isn't dumb.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Jewish Pride 1

Postby Jewish Pride 1 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:32 am

KMac you bad girl! A well its not that bad, even ol' original JP posted in here XD

People keep saying that the only moments we see Kyle's smartness is in academic situations, but there are episodes like Cartman's Incredible Gift, The Snuke, Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes, The Night of the Living Homeless, etc, where he shows he is pretty damn smart in outside school situations too.

So yeah, I think Kyle is smarter than Stan, but most importantly Kyle is very smart, which means that just because Kyle is smarter than Stan doesn't mean that Stan isn't smart, cause he is and it shows in many episodes as well.
I like girls with big fat titties
I like girls with big vaginas

I am miracle123!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:08 am

They have different kinds of intelligence. Kyle is naturally more 'gifted' with intelligence, but Stan's smarts are worldly wise. Stan most often uses his intelligence to solve problems, but Kyle's thought patterns are more rigid, and so he seems to get stuck in problems by his own reasoning.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:16 am

BigCamera4892 wrote:Talk about necro-ing a thread :P

I think Kyle is very smart, but is also naive on many subjects. Subjects that Stan knows about; but still I feel that Stan isn't as smart as Kyle. But Stan is not as naive.

Take the episode of when Cartman had to go to Scotland to get Kenny's soul out of him. Stan saw right through John Edward's BS, but Kyle went to Jewliard to learn things because of the white doves.

My Point: They are both very smart, but Kyle, who is smarter, is more naive.

My vote then is for Stan.

Naive=/=Smart.

Yea.... I like necroing when I'm bored... sue me :P
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:16 am

Neither it's either Pip or Tweek. :D (Gets a pat on the head from PT) :lol:
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:18 am

Wii fit man wrote:Neither it's either Pip or Tweek. :D (Gets a pat on the head from PT) :lol:

*pat pat*

That's a good apprentice noob.

Return to “Character Discussion”