Pip

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Nintendorkus

Pip

Postby Nintendorkus » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:23 pm

Whatever happened to Pip? When the show was new, I thought he was one of the funniest characters ever on television, but I haven't heard him speak once (unless he's speaking with a group) since "Cartman's Hate Crime 2000*." At first I thought something may have happened to the person who voiced him, but then I found out it was Trey Parker (maybe Matt Stone) so they could easily have him talk. If you even notice, in many episodes (such as "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society") he will constantly disappear and reappear in the classroom/school. So does anyone know why they took him out? Did they think the joke was getting old? Because I thought ripping on French people was going to be a common thing on the show when I first started watching...

*=I'm not entirely sure this is the last episode he talks in, but I don't specifically remember any episode after it.
ImageImageImage
general disaray

Postby general disaray » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:17 am

In the comentary for two guys naked in a hot tub, trey and matt say they stopped using pip when they realized butters was a better choice for the annoying pussy kid in school
To alcohol, the cause of and solution to, all of lifes problems
Magnum Innominandum

Re: Pip

Postby Magnum Innominandum » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:05 am

Nintendorkus wrote:
*=I'm not entirely sure this is the last episode he talks in, but I don't specifically remember any episode after it.

Unless my memory fails me, the last episode in which Pip speaks is Professor Chaos, and, yes, as was elaborated by general disaray, Pip’s position was taken by Leopold.

Oh, by the way, there have been many threads in which this topic has been discussed, so for future reference, I'd advise that you search for a thread related to the topic you wish to discuss before you make your own.
Image[url=http://www.gutenberg.org/]
You're very well read
It's well known[/url] -Bob Dylan
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:18 am

His best line was probably "Lunchie Munchies."
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:10 pm

Unhooded Kenny wrote:His best line was probably "Lunchie Munchies."

I'll say. I quote that all the time. It's nice to see other Pip fans on this board. :)
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Holy crap, I actually just looked for this thread just because I wanted to say that!

"Lunchy munchies, mmmmm?"
ImageImageImage
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:12 pm

This has nothing to do with the topic, but Nintendorkus, you're cool. You remind me of myself. :lol: Maybe you are a clone from my DNA or something. Or maybe.....I'M THE CLONE! :shock:
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:15 pm

Uhhh... thanks, I'll take that as a compliment. If you'd like to talk, my AIM screenname is at the bottom of this post.
ImageImageImage
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:20 pm

Nintendorkus wrote:
Holy crap, I actually just looked for this thread just because I wanted to say that!

"Lunchy munchies, mmmmm?"

XD I love that line, and loved it mainly because someone I know says it in a posh voice when we're being stupid. Usually when we'd get high, he'd say that, or something else totally random in a posh voice. I'm definatly referring to lunch time as 'Lunchie Munchies' in memory of Pip. The greatest 'Frenchie' in the history of cartoons. =P
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Stovepipe_Jam

Postby Stovepipe_Jam » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:22 pm

Who has actually seen the Pip episode? Everyone seems to hate it but I think it was pretty good. :o I guess I'm a minority. :lol:
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:25 pm

Dang, they were showing it on WB a couple nights ago and I wanted to see it, but I had to do something the next day and had to go to bed early. Damn bed times...

From what I've read it sounds really good though. Although I heard after Act I the plot completely changes from Charles Dickens to randomness.

Oh, and if anyone's wondering about the lunchy munchies line, click here. I actually didn't think the line was very significant (I never thought about it) in "An Elephant Makes Love to a Pig" a week or two ago, but for some reason it really stood out and kept going through my head when I saw the original "Cartman Gets an Anal Probe" pilot.
Last edited by Nintendorkus on Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:31 pm

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:Who has actually seen the Pip episode? Everyone seems to hate it but I think it was pretty good. :o I guess I'm a minority. :lol:

I like that episode, actually. I don't think there's any episode I don't like. There's some I found a bit boring, but none I thought was crap. 'Pip' was one of my favourites in series 4. I think a lot of people hate it because it only has him in it who is a remotely regular character, and none of the four boys are in it.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:33 am

Stovepipe_Jam wrote:Who has actually seen the Pip episode? Everyone seems to hate it but I think it was pretty good. :o I guess I'm a minority. :lol:

We're both the minority! I don't care what anyone says, "Pip" (the episode) kicked ass. I guess people just didn't like the style, or, like "Not Without My Anus," the four boys weren't in it. Seriously, Comedy Central should air it again.

And the "Lunchie Munchies" line actually was from the unaired pilot; they just cut-and-pasted it into another episode.
pipiscute

Postby pipiscute » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:14 am

I know this post is old as hell but im going to type anyway because im a reble. It kinda pisses me off that butters took pips place and they hardley given pip a chance in the show. But i liked two men naked in a hot tub. It would be cool to see then together as friends again maybe pip could join professor chaos and seek revenge on the kids. Maybe he could re appear with stan and help him see that life isn't all sh*t and that he stayed happy no matter how much he got picked on at school. Anyway whatever happens I still love south park but damnit matt and trey let your non lead characters have a say more often, I almost want to hit you in the head with a dodgeball for makeing such an adorrable character die.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:04 am

You do realize that Pip's been dead since episode 201, right?

Return to “Character Discussion”