Permanant de-hooding of Kenny

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Wolfhowl

Permanant de-hooding of Kenny

Postby Wolfhowl » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:06 am

Face it. Kenny is in a horribly sharp decline (not that he was ever that prominent anyways). When the writers killed off Kenny the first time they said it was because of lack of ideas. Why? Well, it's pretty hard to make any sort of ideas with a character who is essentially mute. Kenny's qualities that we already know about him (poor, perverted) would fill a space that's empty at the moment in the main characters. If Kenny could progress from a prop into a true character I'm sure the sure the show would be dramatically improved (not that its not already awsome, but the fatass gets tiring after thousands of episodes).
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:26 am

Just take one look at my userbar, or any of the fanfics I've written, and it should be obvious where I stand on this. I've always found the "running out of ideas" excuse to be very suspect. Here's what I said about it in the Kenny Discussion Thread.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/fans/bb ... 529#486529
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:36 am

I said something really similar to that in another topic... Here's the link. If you scroll down a little there's some arguing, and I go even further into detail as to why they should make him take off his parka.
ImageImageImage
Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:42 am

Not a Permanent De Hodding but for a Season or so, or atleast more then once a season and make him atleast a line without his hood
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:48 am

In all honestly I feel kind of torn on the issue. I mean sure, it would be completely awesome to have a drastic change like that, and then Kenny could have more parts. On the other hand, theirs not really a void that he would fill if he did get more parts. Not to mention, his hood kind of defines his character, and him being in the background with few lines does too.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:06 am

NOT a fan of the idea. The occasional de-hooding is cool. The Jeffersons, that was a pretty neat change. Hell, even in The Losing Edge, even if he didn't get to speak. Overuse it though and it'll get worn down pretty quickly.

Kenny still has the chances of coming out of his prop character status without changing. I know it's a one episode citation, but sometimes all you need is one episode: Manbearpig. It's my second favourite of the season thus far mostly due to the truly equal roles of all four boys. Sure, you could take Kenny out and the episode would run just as smoothly, but the same can be said for Stan and Kyle.

I'm a fan of the newer episodes, however, I prefer the older episodes' backgrounds, and changing Kenny like that after pretty much a decade is too big of a change. Besides, it isn't like it's impossible to understand him. There's only been a few cases where I haven't been able to decipher him.
southparkpike

Postby southparkpike » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:44 am

NOT all the time......once in a while, IF we're lucky.

Maybe a B-plot for BLU 2: Kenny awakes to find his jacket is missing. He soon discovers an imposter has taken his place at the bus-stop. It's up to him to find out who this imposter is and what his intentions are......
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:26 am

Every once and a while, sure, why not. Permanent? Nah
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:14 am

I think a temporary dehooding is probably the best way to satisfy those who like his hood on and those who like his hood off. Maybe for a few episodes he could go bareheaded but return to wearing it.

But alot of TV shows have a character that has a speech impediment, like Mushmouth from Fat Albert or Mumbles from Dick Tracy.
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:30 am

Remember, Kenny does look neat without the hood on, but the hood is pretty much makes Kenny what he is. He just couldn’t be Kenny without it.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:09 pm

They could have it where Kenny keeps it down for the most part, putting it on when it's particularly cold or he gets scared. They could also introduce a new gag where Kenny picks up a bad habit of saying the most inappropriate things at the most inappropriate times, so his friends start pulling his hood over him to shut him up. I can imagine a scene where he gets angry, is about to let loose a stream of expletives, and Stan quickly reaches over and hoods him so that Kenny doesn't get bleeped. :D
Nintendorkus

Postby Nintendorkus » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:15 pm

Why the hell is everyone saying he's just a void without his hood? He's a pervert, and it's really annoying me how everyone says he has no personality when he really does! Not of the other three boys are perverted like he is, so he fits, too!
ImageImageImage
Jayme12345

Postby Jayme12345 » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:41 pm

i love this idea but why not every other episode..... or kennys parker could get stolen by someone and something happens and etc.
CRIZER 11

Re: Permanant de-hooding of Kenny

Postby CRIZER 11 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:35 pm

:D I THINK KENNY SOULD UNHOODED FOR A WHOLE SEASON

Return to “Character Discussion”