The Official Pip Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

The Official Pip Discussion Thread

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:20 pm

This is for our Pip fans and British members. Have fun. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 pm

I thought there would only be five official discussion threads, Will. Athena will be filled with joy when she sees this. :P

Anyway, I think Pip was a good character. A lot of people liked him, and when he was bullied, it was funny. He has a pretty good story behind him. Both of his parents are dead, and he seems like a relatively happy person even though his life is completely dreadful.

However, I think Butters is a funnier character. He doesn't get bullied as much as Pip did, but he is a better character to be picked on by everyone. Proffesor Chaos is great as his alter-ego. He plays it well. He thinks he can be such a great villian, but everything he does isn't that evil at all. Butters is an innocent person, and when he tries to be evil it's hilarious.

Pip would never think about doing that. He's would like to have more friends, and I'm sure he would like for his parents to be alive, but he still seems pretty happy. He would never try to set out to evil because nobody likes him. Butters tries, but fails, and that's usually funny.

Pip was used well in the early years of SP. He just faded deep into the background, and was lost because of the development of Butters. Butters really did a toll on Kenny and Pip. He has a lot of screen time. He should fade into the background a little more, and Kenny should be moved forward.

I don't think Pip needs to see too much more air. He can be like Clyde. Pip has been seen less then Clyde lately. In fact, he's seen very rarely. I don't think he's been seen since the sixth season. He should have at least a little more air time. He can at least be seen as much as Kevin. :roll:
Officially blending in with all the Cartman fans.
Thanks b489 and KTS for sig
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:03 pm

[size=200:02992][color=yellow:02992]TURRAH FOR PIP!!![/color:02992][/size:02992]

BIG-WILL, I OFFICALLY LOVE YOU!!!

*is too overjoyed to describe in words!!!*

Yes, yes, yes! Now I can ramble forever about how much PIP! is the best South Park character ever and type so quickly I set the keyboard on fire and my fingers fall off!!!

Seriously, Matt and Trey never gave poor Pip a chance on the series! I know he was initially created so they could get their revenge on [i:02992]Great Expectations[/i:02992], which they absolutely hated reading, but they had absolutely no idea what potential the SP Pip's character had!

Seriously, the poor thing has always been so happy, despite everything that happened to him... what with his parents dying and his lack of friends and the fact that everyone (mainly Cartman) bullies him so much. But still, I loved it when Butters was shown to be his good friend in "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub," but it pissed me off when that transitioned into Butters becoming the main melvin whom everyone picked on and... oh, damn you, Butters!

Pip had so much potential... he definitely shone his brightest in "Conjoined Fetus Lady" and "Pip," of course, but his appearances in "Damien" and "Two Guys Naked in a Hot Tub" were also very enjoyable (particularly when we learned of Pip's talent for archery in TGNIAHT... and of course the cosplaying as Charlie's Angels), and of course in "Professor Chaos," I was so surprised that he managed to show up in one of the final group of friends...

"Just some crumpets, then." That was his last line... ever... I can hardly believe it...

Dude, we NEED a Pip emoticon. I'll die without one.

So pardon me for being a rambling, somewhat incoherent fangirl, but FINALLY A PIP DISCUSSION THREAD!!! I shall live on this thread and keep it alive! Turrah for Pip!
Kenny+Pip

Bring back Pip!

Postby Kenny+Pip » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:09 pm

Pip has pretty much been replaced by butters!I am british myself and i do admire pip! Pip has now become a background character so back me up as i say

BRING BACK PIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

P.S:Please send me an official Pip banner it would be splendid old chaps :) !
I AM A PIP JESUS AND KENNY FAN!
Im looking for a southpark jesus fan banner!

Kenny+Pip

Postby Kenny+Pip » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:13 pm

Horrah splendid i love pip!
I AM A PIP JESUS AND KENNY FAN!
Im looking for a southpark jesus fan banner!

Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:14 pm

Pip is nothing but awesomeness. Pip is LOVE!!!

Seriously, in what episode did you think he was at his best?
Jay C

Postby Jay C » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:18 pm

I'm not too sure about his best episode... but his best line by FAR has to be 'Lunchie munchies?' XD I swear... I still laugh when I hear him say that... it's actually kind of out of character for him when he says that in my opinion. I don't think we've seen him approach the other boys like that since.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:23 pm

Athena1999 wrote:Seriously, in what episode did you think he was at his best?

I think his best episode was Conjoined Fetus Lady. He was great in that. Everyone started kinda liking him because he was basically winning games for him. No one really picked on him as much except when they wanted him to start getting angry so he would throw harder. In the end, everyone stopped caring if they won or lost, and no one liked Pip again.I thought that was his best episode. It was the best development of his character, IMO.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:27 pm

cartman8213 wrote:
Athena1999 wrote:Seriously, in what episode did you think he was at his best?

I think his best episode was Conjoined Fetus Lady. He was great in that. Everyone started kinda liking him because he was basically winning games for him. No one really picked on him as much except when they wanted him to start getting angry so he would throw harder. In the end, everyone stopped caring if they won or lost, and no one liked Pip again.I thought that was his best episode. It was the best development of his character, IMO.

Typical other third-graders. Seriously, even Chef doesn't care about him (remember "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride?") I also doubted they even liked Pip... they just wanted him for his dodgeball skills, like you said. I felt so bad for him when he won the world tournament because he actually cared about the game (do you think he also wanted acceptance from his peers?), but the others... yes, he definitely was at his finest hour in "Conjoined Fetus Lady," hands down.

*is still euphoric from the idea of a PIP! discussion thread!*
PsychoMetroid 3:16

Postby PsychoMetroid 3:16 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:29 pm

I think he was best in "Damien". I really liked the whole story with Pip and Damien, especially the "Fart Boy' scene.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:35 pm

^Obviously derived from Cartman farting fire on him.

I can't believe that Pip's unofficial debut in the series (his actual debut being the priceless "lunchie munchies" line, later moved to "An Elephant f*cks a Pig...") involved him being set on fire because Cartman had to go fart on him. And no one did a damn thing to help! Gaaaaah!
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:37 pm

Question: Why don't so many people like Pip's episode? It was awesome!!!!!

Oh, and does this mean that the Pip Appreciation Society thread will be locked?
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:45 pm

^Awwww, does that mean I can't be the president? XD Mnyeh, that was basically another discussion thread.

Anyway, did you see everything else poor Pip had to go through in the unaired pilot? (Quotes courtesy of the Scriptorium)

The playground. Background music is heard. The boys are watching Pip as he prepares to go down the slide.

Pip: Are you quite sure it's safe?

Cartman: Yeah, it's just a slide, Pip. Don't be such a wuss. (Pip slides down and hits one of the swing's supports. Kenny, on a swing, laughs)

Pip: (blood oozing through his cap) Ohoho dear, I cracked me noggin'.

Stan: Heh-heh. Good one, dumb-ass.

Cartman: Yeah. (mocking) Why not give it another go, mate? Heh-heh.

Pip: Ohoho. I must flee… to the nurse's office. (runs around a couple of times, then flees…)

Cartman: Goddamn, I hate that kid!

And later, in the nurse's office...

Pip: (his hair thoroughly soaked with blood) …And I hit me head… on the concrete.

Nurse: Oh, it's not that bad. You just need a little antiseptic. (three dabs, and a bandage)

Kyle: Nurse McSchwartz, our friend is really sick. We have to take him home.

Nurse McSchwartz: Weell, why don't ya get up on the table.

Pip: Oh, bother. I do hate to see another child in pain.

Stan: Shut up, Pip.

Nurse McSchwartz: Young man, [Cartman gets up on the table] we do not say 'shut up' (he bumps Pip off) in school. (he gives a long sigh of relief. The nurse turns to him) Are you sure you're not fakin'? You know your friends Stan and Kyle pretend to be sick a lot.

(A bunch of crap about Cartman farting fire...)

Nurse McSchwartz: Yes. Yes. Just get him the hell away from me!

Pip: Oh, dear. I do hope he'll be okay.

Nurse McSchwartz: Shut up, Pip.

Pip: Right-o.
cartman8213

Postby cartman8213 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:00 pm

:o That is pretty bad. They did torture Pip alot. Cartman farted fire on him, and he started bleeding from the head. His response to it was amusing and funny. (Remember, that's the main point of the show.) He was a good character, and I'm sad to see he hasn't been used since the sixth season.

I think Butters' reaction to getting a ninja star to the eye was far funnier, though. His weeping was hilarious, and how the boys acted like they were doing Butters a favor was hilarious. They weren't angry with Kenny at all. It was all Butters. I thought that was hilarious. Butters cry was pretty funny, too. :lol:

To answer SJ's question about Pip's episode, I just didn't like the episode at all. There were a few funny parts, sure, but other then Pip's aunt and uncle's speech, nothing made me laugh. Basically the only reason I watched it (I thought it was bad from the beginning, and nearly skipped past that episode) was to say that I've seen every episode of SP.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:08 pm

^Hmmm... have you read Great Expectations? Actually, that episode got me into GE, and I read it twice this summer.

Return to “Character Discussion”