The Official Pip Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

PipPirrup

Postby PipPirrup » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:25 pm

MercyMay wrote:Oh, I was studying the DVD case for the movie and Pip is right up there in the front. Heh. It made me think of you, Athena, actually.
The day I got the DVD, it was the day of my birthday party, and I was in my Pip costume. So I was at Fred Meyer's, holding the DVD, and I was with my friend, and she saw a couple of her friends from school and started talking. They said my outfit was cute, and I said, "It's a costume!" And then I did a quick search, spotted him and pointed and said, "I'm HIM!"
Less Than Jake

Postby Less Than Jake » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:29 pm

what makes you all think pip loves damien?
My job is making sigs.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:31 pm

It's a long story... but remember how Pip was attached to Damien in "Damien?" People had just turned that into a slash pairing, although Pip might have just been overjoyed to have his first friend.

Also, there' just something exciting about seeing an innocent English schoolboy dating the son of Satan. Not so innocent anymore, are we Pip? :P
Tiggalow69

Postby Tiggalow69 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:38 pm

Didnt Damien have demons come from out of the ground an attack Pip :?: :shock: i think they bonded as social outcasts an then Damien sold him out at the first opertunity, Pips character wouldnt work with him having freinds in my opinon, an he needs to be brought back into the show some way or another :D
Tiggz
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:08 am

Hey, Damien's the son of Satan. His morals are not exactly up to speed... ;)
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:44 am

XD Exactly. ^

I know I rarely post here, but I've decided I should, because...well, I love Pip way to much to not post here. :D And yes Jen, I can totally see what's so awesome about PipXDamien. It's like, they're polar opposites except for the fact their both outcasts. Pip is so...cute and good-meaning where Damien is the son of Satan. Just something about that makes the whole DamienXPip dynamic pretty f*cking hott. (Yes, with two "T"'s.) :P

I'm hoping we'll see something involving Pip this season. I was SO happy to see him in 1010, I just hope he actually gets a part sometime. For a while, he was a big part of the show and Matt and Trey know he has tons of fans, I can't imagine that they'd never feature him again.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:43 am

TURRAH! Go, Dee! *showers Dee with glomptackles and cookies*

Hey... anyone care to elaborate on how they portray Pip in their fandom?

To me... as an older child he's somewhat insecure, still an outcast, made even more one than ever because he's afraid to leave the house, even his room. He lives with a negligent host family with two abusive older brothers who show up without warning and beat him. He desperately wants someone... but doesn't know how to get them to notice him. He's somewhat short and extremely thin, but he's still a beautiful boy all the same.
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:26 am

Keep in mind though that M&T don't necessarily listen to their fans. By that I mean that just because certain fans (like us fan authors) can readily come up with ideas for underused or underrated characters, it doesn't necessarily mean that it's occurred to them. For example it was rumored a while back that the reason the number of major roles for Kenny had diminished was because they simply 'ran out of ideas' for what to do with him. Personally I wasn't buying it, because after all in my fic universe I was able to flesh out Kenny's character and turn him into a major badass in a way that makes perfect sense. So the ideas might seem blatantly obvious to you or me, but chances are they make a very poor prediction about the direction the actual show is going to go in.

The same goes for Pip. He used to be the lead melvin / whipping boy / loner orphan character. It's not too hard to think up something to do with him, off the top of one's head, such as for example Athena's idea of adopting him off (or my idea of having something bad happen to him just like old times).

I'd be tempted to say that the reason Pip isn't used is because they have such a pent up backlog of better episode ideas that would take priority over another Pip episode. However then I remember AMLF, which seemed to be hashed out in a stoned stupor. So that's no excuse.

If he makes an appearance in episode 1011 however, I'll gladly take that back.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:38 pm

^If he speaks this season, I will be beyond overjoyed. Because I highly doubt M&T ran out of ideas. Seriously, what makes Butters a good character to torment?
crazyQH

Postby crazyQH » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:47 pm

I'm not really sure why Matt and Trey started using Butters instead of Pip. I mean, sure, Butters is funny, but hell, so is Pip. Pip really is a unique character, so, SO much could be done with him. It really baffles me why they would abandon such an awesome character.

And yes, in the early days of South Park, Pip was way more of a push-around (I mean that in a good way =D ) than Butters. Never once was Pip actually mean, and even after his little "pissed lil' Frenchie spasms" in the dodgeball episode, he promptly appologized and was always really sweet. That's part of what I love about Pip, you can't help but feel sorry for him.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:59 pm

I know... even Butters can be a total assh*le. But Pip was just a sweetie the entire time, and he'll take everything with a cheerful "right-o!" It's definitely easier to feel sorrier for him than Butters, because although Butters is tormented, at least he's accepted by the others. Poor Pip is just an outcast... hell, the only reason why the other kids liked Cartman is because he made fun of Pip! D:
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:49 pm

Athena1999 wrote:I know... even Butters can be a total assh*le. But Pip was just a sweetie the entire time, and he'll take everything with a cheerful "right-o!" It's definitely easier to feel sorrier for him than Butters, because although Butters is tormented, at least he's accepted by the others. Poor Pip is just an outcast... hell, the only reason why the other kids liked Cartman is because he made fun of Pip! D:

Why God!! WHY!!!! *cries* I have always disliked Butters since he took over Pip's top melvin position! PIP should of been the one Cartman met after he "died"! PIP should of become Professor Chaos! Pip should of been in all ofthe major positions Butters has been in!!! >_<
Rualya

Postby Rualya » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:50 pm

I know... even Butters can be a total assh*le. But Pip was just a sweetie the entire time, and he'll take everything with a cheerful "right-o!" It's definitely easier to feel sorrier for him than Butters, because although Butters is tormented, at least he's accepted by the others. Poor Pip is just an outcast... hell, the only reason why the other kids liked Cartman is because he made fun of Pip! D:

I agree.

I mean, Butters even has an evil side. Pip would never try and take over the world just because his friends left him. I mean Pip is just to nice (and cute :D) to do that.

Why God!! WHY!!!! *cries* I have always disliked Butters since he took over Pip's top melvin position! PIP should of been the one Cartman met after he "died"! PIP should of become Professor Chaos! Pip should of been in all ofthe major positions Butters has been in!!! >_<

No, I don't believe professer chaos would suit his title. ewven though that it is a big role I don't think he should do it. But, I do think he deserves a bigger role.
Thank you so much Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:08 pm

Rualya wrote:

No, I don't believe professer chaos would suit his title. ewven though that it is a big role I don't think he should do it. But, I do think he deserves a bigger role.

I think the Professor Chaos role would have fit him perfectly! Seriously, who could have suspected sweet little Pip? Plus, I think he'd execute diabolical plans a lot better than Butters ever would. Pip would actually cause chaos.
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:15 pm

^ Instead of switching soups in a restauraunt. :lol:

Return to “Character Discussion”