The Official Pip Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: The Official Pip Discussion Thread

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:33 am

Pip was the first boy outside the main four to be introduced in the series. Now he's not even acknowledged as being an existing character anymore. He managed to survive the formal introductions of Clyde, Token, Tweek, Craig, and Butters but by the time Timmy came on the scene, Butters had already started taking over Pip's role as the whipping boy.

Jimmy's arrival pretty much slammed Pip into the background until season 6 when he last had a voice.

With the addition of several 'voiceless space-filler kids with names' (Skye, Jason, Kevin (I know he's spoken before, but what's it been, like twice in five years?), and this totally unnecessary 'Leroy' kid) I must sadly agree that there's no more room for Pip in South Park.

Farewell, young Pip, you will be missed.
:cry:
Pipisthebest

Postby Pipisthebest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:47 pm

In "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers", Pip can be seen really easily in the council scene and is obviously an elf. I'm surprised that he didn't join Stan, Kyle, Cartman and the others on the "quest", taking the role of Legolas, seeing as he has incredible skills with archery.

Just a thought.
emmet1993

Postby emmet1993 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:02 pm

ye i realy think pip has been forgotten after seeing the list he wasnt on the list so dat means he has been forgotten :(

but mavbe... i hope that sumthing will make the creators remember him
Viva la resistance!

Favourite charcter stan
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:12 pm

Pip just seems to be a character that most fans never let "get over" with them. Fans like the lovable Butters over Pip. Pip did have his own episode, which was good, but it still lacked to Butter's episode. maybe Pip will return later, or die like Crabtree and Choksondik
Pipisthebest

Postby Pipisthebest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:46 pm

i was watching "South Park is Gay" today and I noticed how funny Pip looked in his zebra-coloured hat and fringe!

He looks so funny!
DoctorWho?

Postby DoctorWho? » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:05 am

Has anyone ever noticed that Pip hasn't been seen as a background character since "The Snuke?" He wasn't even on the List on "The List." What happened to him? Did he move back to England? I hope not! I quite like Pip. He's my favorite character on the show, number 2 on my favorite Brits list (he is somewhere between Daniel Radcliffe and Doctor Who).
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:09 pm

DoctorWho? wrote:Has anyone ever noticed that Pip hasn't been seen as a background character since "The Snuke?" He wasn't even on the List on "The List." What happened to him? Did he move back to England? I hope not! I quite like Pip. He's my favorite character on the show, number 2 on my favorite Brits list (he is somewhere between Daniel Radcliffe and Doctor Who).

Pip has been an inactive character for quite some time now. Ever since mid-season 6. His last role was in the Kenny replacement audition, if I remember right. They've been focusing on few minor characters lately, which kind of makes me sad, because I miss a few of them, especially Tweek.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:17 pm

I think a lot of people think that Butters' presence makes Pip redundant and unnecessary. They are very different characters, though, especially now. Butters is gaining more acceptance to an extent that Pip never did. Butters is a naive doofus who talks too much, whereas Pip is a passive misfit. In that regard, Pip could still play a very vital role in the show as the kid everyone picks on, but it seems Matt and Trey have lost interest in him.

I seriously doubt he'll ever speak a single line in the series again. We might not even get to see him as a prop anymore.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:17 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:I think a lot of people think that Butters' presence makes Pip redundant and unnecessary. They are very different characters, though, especially now. Butters is gaining more acceptance to an extent that Pip never did. Butters is a naive doofus who talks too much, whereas Pip is a passive misfit. In that regard, Pip could still play a very vital role in the show as the kid everyone picks on, but it seems Matt and Trey have lost interest in him.

I seriously doubt he'll ever speak a single line in the series again. We might not even get to see him as a prop anymore.

It's sad Pip was great character but he hasn't even talked or done anything since season six and now he's just a piece of scenery like poor Ned. Maybe next season will be completely devoted to bringing back all the forgotten characters but that is very, extremely, highly, unlikely.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:35 pm

I just have to say though Pip is the one character I've just completely given up on.

Me too. I love Pip (being super english myself) but after he didn't even appear in the Snuke, there's no hope for his return even for a line.

What really gets me is that, unlike those kids like Tweek and Bebe, he got his own episode, he was really a major charactar, but sort of got forgotten. I don't think the fans oppinion matters (We all seem to like the kids they hate) i think it's all Matt and Trey. They only brought PIP in because they hated what he stands for and wanted to fart in his face, if they had a chance to get a replacemtn (As they did in Butters) then they would.

I always found Pip lovable myself, but with a cool temper thing to boot. He's got at least as much charactar as Butters and Tweek and perhaps more than Jimmy (who gets way too much screentime) or Clyde (who's just a fat crybabby) or Craig (who's charactar has stopped being expanded upon really, or at least slowwed down) and definitly WAY more than Kenny (blasphemy!).

I'd love to see him die for one final time, rather than just disolve into the back row like Ned and Tweek. :(
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:18 pm

He's supposed to be a foreign exchange student right? Well if he isn't going to be around, they ought to show him returning home or something, and have it done with.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:22 pm

i'd prefer a more final viscious and bloody death scene. How about Pip, enraged at not being shown the past seasons, gathers up Tweek (another forgotten) and goes on a Collumbine-style shooting spree?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Pip was always harassed. Hell in Damien the boys and girls spat on him to fun. Maybe he snapped and killed himself in a off screen twist?
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:31 am

Way to use your immagination (it's true in immaginationland that he topped himself then!) but I wanna see it in show!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:45 pm

I didn't think Damien was even still around. Didn't he go back to hell?

Return to “Character Discussion”