The Official Pip Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

jewish pride

Re: The Official Pip Discussion Thread

Postby jewish pride » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:50 am

superiorsavior wrote:Pip is only boring because he wasn't used, he was basically kyle on speed when he was there :p

dont say that about mah kyle :x

no dude pip is boring cause he is, he wass suppossed to be a goody looser but matt and trey were just staring to write in the earlier seasons so they didnt know how to make him funny
then when they got better they did butters who is an awesome goody looser who is also very very funny

pip had a whole episode to himself and i almost fell asleep watching it
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:49 pm

LULZ, I also fell asleep watching that episode the first time I saw it. Granted, I was already exhausted beforehand. :P I had a pretty negative opinion on "Pip" (the episode, not the character) until watching it the second time and realizing it wasn't all that bad.

And I still think he was just begging to be used in "The Snuke." Or maybe after that episode he returned to England.
Illegitimi non carborundum.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:44 am

Blue Twilight wrote:LULZ, I also fell asleep watching that episode the first time I saw it. Granted, I was already exhausted beforehand. :P I had a pretty negative opinion on "Pip" (the episode, not the character) until watching it the second time and realizing it wasn't all that bad.

And I still think he was just begging to be used in "The Snuke." Or maybe after that episode he returned to England.

maybe you didnt think it was that bad the second time cause you were prepared for some major lameness :lol:

its not that bad an episode in itself but its really bad compared to a regular sp episode, i think

i hadnt thought about the snuke thing, i guess it would have made sense, i just dont know where he could've appeared, the episode is already very advanced when we discover that england was behind the attack and i dont know if he would have fitted
IFRIT41

Postby IFRIT41 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:16 pm

i don't agree on (he is stupid) he is a very good boy
IFRIT41

Postby IFRIT41 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:32 pm

this is a stupid thread don't make stupid threads :gaykenny:
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:04 pm

I don't really hate Pip (the character)
but he is at the bottom of my list now.... He just has almost no role anymore, and seems naive to everything, even when compared to Butters... Clyde, Craig, Token, etc... have had more airtime than Pip lately.

I might like him a little more if he appeared and had something of a role more often. Unforutnately I think the damage is done, but if they can attempt to revive him i may give him another chance.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:46 am

IFRIT41 wrote:this is a stupid thread don't make stupid threads :gaykenny:

why is this a stupid thread???
khandha

Postby khandha » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 pm

I'm just watching the Pip episode and it's so f*cking boring! Poor Pip. He can be so cute with his 'whippy tippy tutu... tralalala'.

I must say though, although I rarely meet anyone with such a stupidly posh voice as Pip's, I do like Matt's attempt at an English accent. I don't know how the Simpsons voice people manage to constantly f*ck it up, but they do.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:34 am

OK, apparently whenever Americans try to imitate a British accent, they all wind up sounding Australian. I'm American myself and I can (sort of) pull off an Aussie accent pretty well since I moved here. (:

I think what a lot of the Simpsons voice actors do is a cockney accent-- none of those posh accents that speak the Queen's English.

But still, it's pretty sweet that Matt Stone can actually manage to pull off a full-swing British accent.
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:46 am

I wish they would bring Pip back...I liked him because he was more of an outcast than butters, but then again...he is British!

Speaking about British accents, why not have Matt Stone try to impersonate Simon Cowell :o
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Andyparky

Postby Andyparky » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:12 pm

^Even better, see if they can actually get Simon on the show :P.

They got Malcolm Mcdowell for 'Pip'.

As for Pip's character he was really boring, but then again i think that was the intention as most English people really are boring.
CeeLos213

Postby CeeLos213 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:44 pm

As much as I love to watch Pip being tortured, I feel that the show has outgrown the character. The episode "Pip" was about as much story as they could give him, and could almost be considered his sendoff. Contrary to popular opinion, I actually found the Pip episode to be absolutely hilarious, the funniest line belonging to Malcolm McDowell: (quote) "And so Pip spent the next several months learning how to be a gentleman. He was schooled in several lanhuages. He was taught fencing and marksmanship, and he was shown how to dance and how to eat box..."

In spite of the fact (and perhaps because of it) that they are making fun of Dickens' Great Expectations, the greater (no pun intended) your familiarity with the story, the funnier the episode is. Since I'm an English Lit major, this appeals to me, but since the book is compulsory High School reading, anyone with a high school diploma (and a taste for the tasteless) should be able to appreciate it.

Still, as has been stated earlier on this thread, Pip's function on the show as torture gimp has been outshined by Butters. Pip is too one dimensional to receive continuous unmerited punishment. His lack of parents limits his inner guilt, and his status as a foreigner almost merits constant humiliation by other 4th graders. In the end he is just a satire; a character borrowed from another story for the sake of making fun of it.
Current Film Director Sh!t List:
(Director/Reason Why)
Brett Ratner/X-Men 3
Jerry Bruckheimer/Bad Boys II
John McTiernan/Last Action Hero
George Lucas/should have quit while still ahead in 80's
Rob Cohen/*puke*
Michael Bay/unholy spawn of Satan
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:23 am

You know, Great Expectations wasn't compulsory reading for my high-school education.

"And so Pip spent the next several months learning how to be a gentleman. He was schooled in several lanhuages. He was taught fencing and marksmanship, and he was shown how to dance and how to eat box..."

I laughed my arse off when I first heard it. Probably because Malcolm had said it, and because of how nonchalantly he had said it as well.
CeeLos213

Postby CeeLos213 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:42 am

Blue Twilight wrote:You know, Great Expectations wasn't compulsory reading for my high-school education.

I'm an old fogey... Back in the 90's they made us read lots of Dickens. I even remember having to do a group presentation on Tale of Two Cities. Don't get it wrong, I love to read, my major in college was EngLit, but Dickens is sometimes insufferably boring.

I mean, I understood his general outlook--if those in power behaved nicely, then everything would be nice--but his premises were sometimes... How do I put this accurately? LAME. Especially in Great Expectations. So, for me, this episode was a real treat.

Read the book, or watch the gay ass movie with Robert DeNiro, Gwenyth Paltrow and Ethan Hawke (himself a novelist), and you'll see what I mean.
Current Film Director Sh!t List:
(Director/Reason Why)
Brett Ratner/X-Men 3
Jerry Bruckheimer/Bad Boys II
John McTiernan/Last Action Hero
George Lucas/should have quit while still ahead in 80's
Rob Cohen/*puke*
Michael Bay/unholy spawn of Satan
ned15

Postby ned15 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:24 am

i don't get it, why does nobody like pip? he's spectacular! i know he doesn't too too much, but how can you not like him? besides, i got a whole book lesson on great expectations, i'll be a step ahead of my classmates next year :)
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames

Return to “Character Discussion”