The Official Tweek Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip Tweek

Re: The Official Tweek Discussion Thread

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:53 am

One side of Tweek's personality that hasn't really been discussed is that he's a pushover when he's pressured.

In Free Hat he reached his breaking point and started shouting "that's it! I'm out! I want nothing more to do with you guys!" :tweek: and
IIRC, Cartman said something like "Now, either you stop with these faggotronics or we'll find someone to replace YOU!" :cartmanangry:

So Cartman bullied him back IN the group by threatening to replace him! Uh, wtf?

I found that situation funny because it made no sense; possibly one of the best examples of Cartman's manipulativeness.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:50 am

^

that was more him being paranoid. Likely because he was getting in too deep, and Tweek is very crazy. He spazzed when he made too few hats, for example. everything's the end of the world to him
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:44 pm

While I agree Tweek doesn't (yet) have much more than his paranoia, it's a pretty interesting trait (almost up there with Butter's innocence) that could lead the kids into a lot of interesting situations, and in season six, already has (Free Hats being one of the best examples). What other kids have a more interesting trait than his paranoia?
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:00 pm

When I saw Casa Bonita for the first time, I thought Butters' role could have been better served by Tweek. I mean, Butters is easy to scare because he's naive, but Tweek is easier to scare because of his paranoia.

From the initial scare with the meteor, Tweek would have been easy for Cartman to keep fooling because his panic would keep mounting!

The only problems with Butters' role applied to Tweek would be his gratitude for Eric. Tweek would be too consumed by his own worry (and his dislike of Cartman) to express any feelings of gratefulness. And he would have been much more suspicious of the garbage lady who appeared toward the end. But these are minor problems that could have been solved with some easy changes in the script and overall, I think the episode would have been stronger for it.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Casa Bonita would have been just as funny (probably no more funny) with Tweek as with Butters, as each kid has a streangth that could've been applied to the situation equally hillariously (Butters naive trust vs. Tweek's paranoia). It all depends on which Matt and Trey chose to write, which streangth they want to bring out. I'd love to see a Tweek version of Casa Bonita though!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

solidude

Postby solidude » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:38 am

i am not a tweek fan,but i have noticed how theyve been using butters as the new friend, i dont know about you guys, but i think kenny is way cooler, but if they want to change kenny i think tweek is the perfect replacement, hes cool, and that way butters could go back to the way i liked him the most as the reject, he was funny like that, i really dont like him as the new friend, at least i hope they make a tweek episode soon.
"Just answer me this Tweek, what do you see as positive about toddler murder?"
"It's, it's easy?"
"Yes...,it is easy..."
Mike; Off-Duty Ninja

Postby Mike; Off-Duty Ninja » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:57 am

I too liked it better when Tweek was their friend and Butters was an outsider. I think Tweek hangs out in Craig's crowd now though. Also when I've see Tweek lately, he hasn't had the shakes. I wonder if he's controlled the caffiene/insomnia problem.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:08 am

Tweek has become a prop lately. I don't remember the last time Tweek did anything.
Mike; Off-Duty Ninja

Postby Mike; Off-Duty Ninja » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:17 am

That is so true. They guys seemed to ditch him once Kenny's spirit returned.
RealLifeTweek

Postby RealLifeTweek » Wed May 07, 2008 1:43 am

I love Tweek. Although we aren't much the same, we are both caffeine fiends. I get a little nervous sometimes when I have too many caffeine drinks. Hopefully I don't start twitching like him. Luckily I'm not on that stage yet. :tweek:
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu May 08, 2008 12:12 am

RealLifeTweek wrote:I love Tweek. Although we aren't much the same, we are both caffeine fiends. I get a little nervous sometimes when I have too many caffeine drinks. Hopefully I don't start twitching like him. Luckily I'm not on that stage yet. :tweek:

Thanks, for explaining your reason why you like Tweek.:)

I'll try to read more of this thread. I love to know why people find Tweek "awesome".
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu May 08, 2008 12:49 am

Hayley B wrote:
Thanks, for explaining your reason why you like Tweek.:)

I'll try to read more of this thread. I love to know why people find Tweek "awesome".

That's a good question. I guess I'll start by listing a number of reasons in no particular order

1.) His debut episode 'Gnomes' was personally the funniest I'd seen to date at the time I first saw it. I remember laughing almost constantly to varying degrees throughout the entire episode. In retrospect, I'm not sure why I found it so incredibly amusing; I guess my sense of humor was perfectly aligned with SP humor at the time.

2.) Coffee. I can't live without it.

3.) His discomfort with the world of South Park, with its talking towels, destructive monsters, and irresponsible adults makes his character seem more real.

4.) I like his design - his wild hair and misaligned shirt go perfectly with his mannerisms and personality.

5.) Tweek is a funny name - and it's perfect for him.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sat May 31, 2008 3:09 pm

I have been liking Tweek more and more, each & everytime I take the the time to watch theses South Park episodes.

In the past, I kept thinking. That I liked Tweek's father more then him. His father talks like a Folger's or a Maxwell House spoke person when it came about the coffee.

I like Tweek in "Free Hat" so far.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
A Little Overboard

Postby A Little Overboard » Sat May 31, 2008 10:55 pm

yah i know he looked so badass when he came out with that rpg.
8)
C? care about your feelings just as much u do mine. :P
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:44 am

Tweek was in the first episode i watched (Free Hats) which is also one of my all time favorites even after seing the other episodes and i thought at the time it was a de-hooded kenny. He fit with the main boys so well, better i find than any other charactar. The show doesn't seem complete without him, he's the best 4th boy for me, because he has a personality of his own to match Cartmans, and unlike Butters, he interacted with the kids OTHER than Cartman (butters talks to Stan in a couple of episodes but his interacion with kyle and stan is minimal). He has so much potential!

My first fanfic starred Tweek, and some of the best fics i've read star him, showing his potential for development farther.

My own simmilarity to Tweek (and other net users) is the main reason people love him so much i think, as PipTweek kindly pointed out.

Tweek's dad is one of the main reasons to love tweek though... he's so simmilar to
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Return to “Character Discussion”