The Official Tweek Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cerisa_Roz

Re: The Official Tweek Discussion Thread

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:33 am

This got brought up in the first page and was discussed to an extent, but it annoys me that Tweek was considered "cool" back in season 6 to the point where the boys considered him worthier to hang around with than the 'lame' Butters.

Yet after Kenny comes back, WHO do we see hanging around the main group so much? Butters. It's all because he's so different from Cartman and thus easy to pair up with him (not in that way) for episodes, but still...it's quite annoying.

You'd think we would've seen even a bit more Tweek than what we've gotten. I've heard how popular Butters is and all, but I'd like to think that Tweek could somehow crack the 'top ten' of the 'most popular SP kids' list (not characters in general) among the fans.

As it stands now, Butters is the unofficial replacement for Kenny and boy #4 (or if you want to believe Kenny still has impact, call Butters the "unofficial 5th member").

Some say Tweek CAN'T carry his own episode because of his 'irritating characteristics' and attitude. I think he could. Maybe not an "100% All Tweek" episode, but one where he has a headlining role...sure. It could work.

I've heard the fanon theory tossed about that Tweek felt pressured in the main group and 'defected' to Craig's group inbetween "Child Abduction Is Not Funny" and "A Ladder To Heaven". It's interesting, though I doubt we'll ever really know the "real" reason.

I thought Tweek had more of a chance at another role than Pip would (unfortunately), and I still hope that'd be the case. It'd be nice to get a surprise.
7w33k0u7

Re:

Postby 7w33k0u7 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:03 am

Tweeks_Coffee wrote:What I'd really love to see is an episode featuring the other group of friends. Craig, Clyde, Tweek and one spot to be filled (Token maybe?). I think thta could lead to some stellar moments. Maybe just a slight nod to the main 4, since they are the basis for the show and all.

Seconded, for sure~

It's always baffled me how Tweek had a pretty big role to fill-- even if it was for only five episodes-- and that he's regressed into the role he fills right now. I'm not entirely sure that he could carry an episode on his own (Although I'd love to see M&T try XD), more because he hasn't really been developed beyond the spazziness and the coffee addiction; however, if it WERE an episode centered around 'Craig and those guys'... That would make me SO happy. -snerk-

... The kid came out of nowhere with a bazooka in 'Free Hat'. There's something that Matt and Trey are not tapping with this character.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:18 am

The two lineups for "Craig and those guys" that I can remember off the top of my head:

Craig, Clyde, Token, and Jimmy ("Good Times With Weapons")

Craig, Token, Tweek, and Jason ("South Park Is Gay")

There's likely another lineup instance I'm missing here (doing this off the top of my head), but it seems Craig and Token are the constants in the group. Clyde seems to generally be around those two anyway, too.

It'd be neat to see an episode with them having to deal with some kind of weird 'adventure' of their own (while 'our' four boys are off dealing with something in the background). Tweek could be the 'Kenny', that is, not in being a prop, but as the 'unlucky blond' member.

Jason's sort of an interesting one, too, as in his earliest background appearance ("Cartman Gets An Anal Probe"), he appeared to be one of two Hasidic kids. That bit more than likely got lost along the way though, as background filler characters aren't as developed and consistant as the main boys.

As for Tweek's first name: For now, I think until it's proven otherwise, it's simply Tweek. Tweek Tweek, like Mario Mario or Duran Duran :P

Of course, that brings us to the debate on the spelling of his surname: "Tweek" or "Tweak"? The SPS FAQ gives it as the latter, but the in-show spelling is "Tweek".

Fans generally use one or the other: "Tweek Tweek" or "Tweek Tweak". Though I once did see someone use "Tweak Tweek", which just looks sillier somehow XD
Kennyfan84

Postby Kennyfan84 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:09 am

Tweek is definately one of the best characters on South Park. I loved the fact he became somewhat a major character in the sixth season, Tweek is definately a character that should be around more he a 1000 times better than Butters.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:33 am

How can anyone say that Tweek couldn't carry his own episode when he's already carried 3 of them?

In "The Simpsons Already Did It", the fact that Tweek was chosen to replace Butters to replace Kenny was a major part of that episode; that is, after all, why Professor Chaos even came into existence.

In "Free Hat" he saved the day AND freed Hat!

In "Child Abduction is Not Funny", Tweek got the plot rolling and stayed in the spotlight for the rest of the episode.

What about "Gnomes?" Wasn't Tweek's introduction, as well as the introduction to his parents, his father's business, and his fear of the Underpants Gnomes a major focus of that episode?

Maybe I'm wrong, but if Pip could get his own episode (which despite popular opinion I think is a good episode) then I can't imagine how Tweek couldn't carry an episode entitled (for example) Season 13, episode 6: "Tweek". The only REAL problem might be with Matt Stone straining his voice for an entire episode. Didn't he say that performing Tweek was a strain on his voice?
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:54 am

An episode just about Tweek would be awesome. For some years Tweek has remained a background character like many others, i think they should deffinatly bring him back cause he's awesome. Butters has played a big part these past seasons, so why not Tweek?
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:26 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:Of course, that brings us to the debate on the spelling of his surname: "Tweek" or "Tweak"? The SPS FAQ gives it as the latter, but the in-show spelling is "Tweek".

The FAQ is wrong, hehe. :)

Pip Tweek wrote:The only REAL problem might be with Matt Stone straining his voice for an entire episode. Didn't he say that performing Tweek was a strain on his voice?

April 18, 2001

Q: Who does the voice of Tweek? Because just hearing his voice kind of makes me wonder how it effects the throat.

A: Matt Stone does the voice of Tweek. It doesn't strain his throat because he's always tweeked up on coffee!!

That was probably a joke answer. Doing hoarse voices can hurt the throat, yes.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:11 pm

Heh, I figured there might've been a mistake (searching through, another FAQ gives the surname as 'Tweek').

Wiki-people still use that FAQ answer as their basis for it being "Tweak", though. "It doesn't matter if it's said as 'Tweek' this many times in the show!".

Just imagine if the SP Wiki got made at the start of the show. There'd be so much debating over the spelling of "Broflovski" over time on there XD

"It's Brosloski!" "No, it's Brovlovski!" "You're both wrong!", etc.

But that'd be a Kyle-related topic there :P
sp150

Postby sp150 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:22 pm

I actually think an interesting episode plot would be the boys hanging out with Tweek and for some reason, Tweek doesn't drink coffee and everyone sees the real side of him.

Anyone notice he replaced Kenny again in "Hell on Earth 2006"?
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:45 am

I seriously hope Tweek gets some air time in season 12, I really miss the guy. He really was just a background character in "the List" which in my opiniun wasn't fair cause charaters less important like Craig, Token and Clyde got a part and Tweek didn't. I hope next season's first episode involves Tweek.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:22 am

Yeah, Tweek just seems to randomly come and go. In Guitar Queer-o he wasn't even around. I don't get why there always seems to be some kids outside the core group (Kevin, Jason, the blond kid with the cowlick, etc.) in an episode involving a larger group of boys when lately :timmy: and :tweek: are conspicuously absent.

Also Clyde seems to be around more often than not. In "The List" one thing I found amusing was his line about not being rated on personality. In my opinion, Clyde has almost no personality; he's essentially a waste of airtime that could be given to better characters. (No offense to Clyde fans :P )
Siberian Husky

Re:

Postby Siberian Husky » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:30 pm

If you ask me Tweek is the best character on South Park :D

3. Butters :chaos:
Last edited by Siberian Husky on Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfquest Rocks!!! X3
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:44 am

Yeah Tweek's just awesome, he's my 4th fav charater as he's grown on me alot since I first started to get into South Park and I especially loved him in "Free Hat", it really showed what a great person he is and what he'll do for his friends. Damn, I am dying to see Tweek have a part in season 12! :tweek:
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Siberian Husky

Postby Siberian Husky » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:21 pm

:tweek: :tweek: :tweek: :tweek: Tweak rocks!!! :tweek:
Wolfquest Rocks!!! X3
Siberian Husky

Postby Siberian Husky » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:02 pm

I have the same naturly hair color and hair style like Tweek :tweek: i am just not tweeked on coffee like he is
Wolfquest Rocks!!! X3

Return to “Character Discussion”