The Official Tweek Discussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cerisa_Roz

Re: The Official Tweek Discussion Thread

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:30 pm

On the brief fanfiction-related note: It was Robert that hated Tweek's guts because the character was "too cliched" and "highly aggravating" (and because he replaced Butters, who Rob really, REALLY liked. He was very sore over that indeed). Rob also loathed Stan and Wendy, yet wrote fics with them as a couple only to push his "M&T are sexists who can't write decent relationships" agenda too, but I'll say no more lest I get more off-topic here *'knew' said author since late 2003, btw*.

So, with how fast the years seem to be going by here, March can't be THAT far away. The best we can hope for is that Tweek gets ONE line at least ;^_^

I remember when I saw him in Imaginationland pt.1 I was all ":D" at first. But then when he had no lines (not even a damn twitch!), I was all "D:". What a tease :P

Gnomes is still an awesome episode *is still trying to get the Tweek plushie advertised on the 2001 rerun of it, but it's so expensive*.

It's funny that Clyde got some big moments in the past season, considering the fact that he doesn't really have a strong personality and that he's basically been used as a sideliner for scenes and moments since the early days (when they gave Craig a bigger role though, he partly took Clyde's job of being used as "someone from the class other than Wendy or Pip that does and says something"). Maybe that could've been it, though. Who knows.

I like the minor classmates, but Tweek, even in all his spazziness, has quite more personality than characters like Jimmy, IMO.

Hopefully even one Tweek line (or even a twitch/spaz bit) isn't too much to hope for. But we'll see.
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 pm

As much as I like Clyde and Craig I have to admit Tweek is a much more fertil character and he needs more parts even a few random comments would be nice
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:42 pm

You know, I've never seen a character treated with more inconsistency. He came almost out of nowhere to become a main character in season 6. Then all of a sudden, he practically disappeared.

I agree with Cerisa_Roz regarding Imaginationland Part I. Matt and Trey need to stop playing games with our hearts. :(
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:27 pm

[quote=Polymorph]even a few random comments would be nice[/quote]
"I've got a rubber band" seems like heaven compared with what he gets to say now. It's like he's suddenly caught Dog Poo's muteness!

rose wrote:It was Robert that hated Tweek's guts because the character was "too cliched" and "highly aggravating" (or because he stole his Lover Butter's screentime!)

I love Robberts fics, but he spent about 60,000 words just trashing Tweek, for no good reason, in three of his fics. He spent whole fics writing up on how the boys should love outsiders like BUTTERS but when it comes to Tweek, oh nooooo, he's too different, he deserves to have no friends and be pushed down cliffs and have his head caved in by Kenny, not like poor butters! He even made him start attacking other kids (soemthing he'd never do in the show). Rob had WAY too much of a Butter's fettish! Also he was obsessed with "being original."

Rob also loathed Stan and Wendy
WTF!? He wrote more fics about how they loved each other than anything?!
I thought he was against women-on-man sexism, until he comes out with that "mysogeny" fic and all the sequels with Kyle and Bebe. So inconsistent, almost like...

Piptweek wrote:You know, I've never seen a character treated with more inconsistency. He came almost out of nowhere to become a main character in season 6.
It wasn't that sudden, he was getting a lot of side-parts since Gnombs, more than any kid except Pip or Btters. But the inconsistency is the wierdest thing i've noticed about M and T.

PipTweek wrote: Then all of a sudden, he practically disappeared

WTF happened to him and Pip? Did Professor Chaos cut their tongues out?!

rose wrote:I remember when I saw him in Imaginationland pt.1 I was all ":D" at first. But then when he had no lines (not even a damn twitch!), I was all "D:". What a tease

MATT AND TREY HAVE OFFICIALLY OFFENDED ME by tempting me that way...

ROSE wrote:is still trying to get the Tweek plushie advertised on the 2001 rerun of it, but it's so expensive

can't even find it in shops even if i had the cash :(
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:25 pm

If you look at it from a general view, Tweek didn't have much character, plus he was Kenny's replacement for what? 12 episodes, some of which he didn't even appear in? It didn't look like he was intended to be a main boy, he just was one who needed screen time. Besides, hanging with Stan, Kyle and Eric was too much pressure.

Pip was like the Butters before Butters that noone liked.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:31 pm

I like Tweek. I hope we see more of him in the next season.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 am

Tweek might not have wanted to be a main boy, but hell, he's gonna be one. He just needs to get more catchphrases (how many did Cartman have in the early seasons?) and he'll be sorted. But that means more screen time. Which I don't think M or T will give, they ran out of ideas like they did with Pip.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:37 am

^

Problem is, Tweek has nothing to seperate himself from the others besides his twitching, paranoia and he seems to care deeply for his friends....well not Cartman. (Free Hat)

Same with Pip. He's English, but brought nothing to the table that wasn't there, Butters was the better pick because of his naive nature and his positive thinking for every situation, which is what sets him up for the negative actions of any situation.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:45 am

Those three things you list for tweek are three differences Kyle and Stan, for example, don't have (i suppose Kyle has his jewishness and his poo obsession). Also, tweek has been in, what, fifteen episodes max, while Stan (for example) has been in almost all of them. That they have comparibly strong personalities shows how strong Tweek's charactar was.
Don't say the others have their parents, coz Tweek's dad was genius (mr. metaphore!) and his mum wasn't any more annoying than the other mums.

Pip had positive thinking too... but in a diffwerent way. He just seemed to blatantly ignore the fact other kids didn't like him, even hated him! His upper lip was HUGE and stiff like concrete. We need more of Pip, and could develop him like Butters was developed (during season six) with that latent agression that's far more violent than Butters.

Just look at fanfics with them both in for long periods of time, and it's apparent what can be done. I'd advise you to read rob's, but as they're in the ether now, read Stovepipe Jam's (not as bad as you'd think) and you'll see how the kids personalities COULD have been (and still could be) developed.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:48 am

Please PM me the fan fics.

Anyways, to keep the ball rolling, I'd say Stan/Kyle/Kenny care about their friends (to an extent, Eric), Manbearpig can show how the 4 worked together to survive (minus Eric, though Kyle helped him from drowning, Kenny helped carry him..and Stan assisted Kenny when the water was rising as opposed to letting him die).

Tweek's paranoia is open, Stan and Kyle have things in their character that can evolve to paranoia (to an extent). Kyle is very self conscious and like in "The List" believed everyone thought he was ugly and was against him. Stan's lies with his heart and emotions, seeing as in "follow that egg" he was thinking Kyle was out to steal Wendy from him (Could be noted that anyone else in Kyle's spot would've had the same reaction).

Kenny's paranoia lies towards his death, this is seen in "Tweek VS Craig".

Pip's character however, is weaker. He seems like the typical "Gentleman caller" you read in book from Sophmore year high school. There's not much done with him, perhaps if he showed more of his violent edge like in "Dodgeball" we'd have something to go by (He can pick fights with other students and be a bully for respect. Respect from fear)

Would I have any objections to either Pip or Tweek being developed? Nope, Clyde had spotlight time in 11, maybe Craig and Tweek and Pip get some in 12? All depends on # of episodes really.
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:09 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:Would I have any objections to either Pip or Tweek being developed? Nope, Clyde had spotlight time in 11, maybe Craig and Tweek and Pip get some in 12? All depends on # of episodes really.

I doubt we even "see" their faces on 12, maybe Tweek here & there, definitely not Pip. Tweek's nerves is the only thing that makes him stand out but other than that, he's very, VERY boring. I think Timmy's disability and head wobbling had outshined and soon put an end to Tweek's twitching if any of you haven't noticed.

Pip...um......uhhhhh...yea my point exactly. His soul passed away years ago and it's never coming back, face it. I still feel for him though, he went out extremely early, didn't even get to eat a crumpet or have a cup of tea. Damn...

Clyde's the man, he's really developed into a great character for the show! I could easily see him as being 1 of the main boys. I wouldn't even be surprised if he owns half of this year's run.
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:19 am

It's true that Tweek never got much development outside of him being paranoid and a total spaz. That's what gives him such potential. He's pretty much a blank slate. If M&T so desired, they could flesh him out to be a great character. I've pretty much accepted that won't happen, though. We got the vaguest of glimpses in season 6, but it's been pretty much dead since then. One can only hope that they'd give him some big parts. Heck, even Pip got his own episode even if it generally was a failure to the fans.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:46 pm

even Pip got his own episode even if it generally was a failure to the fans

Making Tweek's very own episode highly unlikely; even Butters own wasn't that well recieved.

That's what gives him such potential. He's pretty much a blank slate

While I wholy agree, there are so many other undeveloped kids who need some work done, it could apply to anyone (particuarly Clyde and Pip who's MIA so doesn't count).

His parents are pretty interesting charactars and a lot could be done with his spazziness/paranoia; what was Kyle except an intelligent Jewish boy when the show started? Or Stan but a more accademic, non-jewish Kyle with a GF? Or even Cartman but a biggot? It's with episodes that development comes and if you don't think Tweek has a lot of potential you don't know the comedy gold that can come from paranoia, when an ass like Cartman is added. What would Butters be without Cartman's pranks?

CartmansCuzzin wrote:Clyde's the man, he's really developed into a great character for the show!
Clyde's only developed because he's been shown; if tweek were on screen as much as Clyde, as much could be done with him. It's really all up to Matt and Trey and where their mind takes them really.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

polymorph

Postby polymorph » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm

I think we will see some Tweek in the future, the random lines here and there show that unlike Pip he hasn't been comepletely forgotten and therefore is not a lost cause. That might change very soon though.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:08 am

When was the last random line he had; the warcraft episode?

It really all depends on weather Matt and Trey want to develop Jimmy and Clyde more or go back to the earlier kids. I love Clyde (not so into the :timmy: kids) but If they want to devote half the season to developing them, they may loose any opportunity to revive Tweek. Pip is as dead as the British Empire, sadly.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Return to “Character Discussion”