The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pip303

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby Pip303 » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:04 am

^That would be cool but it would set Stan fangirls on fire and that gets anoying on YouTube :roll:

But I would like to see Wendy get more involved in episodes from now on like she was in early seasons. Not only as being Stan's girlfriend but also an individual charater like an episode that she's in not having anything to do with Stan for a change, just Wendy with her problems and that.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:44 am

Pip303 wrote:^That would be cool but it would set Stan fangirls on fire and that gets anoying on YouTube :roll:

But I would like to see Wendy get more involved in episodes from now on like she was in early seasons. Not only as being Stan's girlfriend but also an individual charater like an episode that she's in not having anything to do with Stan for a change, just Wendy with her problems and that.

Maybe the best thing is to have an episode of just Wendy with her being psycotic.

And I never go on Youtube.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:13 am

^lol yeah never go on YouTube while Stan fangirls are running wild.

And yeah an episode with Wendy showing her dark side again would be awesome but I think she's changed so she wouldn't be as psycotic as in early seasons, then again when it comes to Stan she'll do anything.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:44 am

^

I think Wendy showing her dark side would hurt the stan/wendy situation, unless she goes Psycho B*tch to save him and/or his friends in some way.
southparkthelegend

Postby southparkthelegend » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:17 am

yeah wendy was way different back in the early seasons she was more jealous and bitchi back then but now shes a whole new person, an episode with just her in it would be great.
Favourite Character: Kyle&Stan
Favourite Episode: So Far, The List
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:53 pm

^Yeah an episode with just Wendy in it would be great. last time Wendy was involved in an epsidoe that wasn't about Stan was in "Stupid spoiled whore video playset" but it wasn't really a Wendy episode. Maybe an episode focusing on Wendy and her family? might make a good episode.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:35 am

^Here's an idea dispite all the animosity they've shown to eachother Wendy and Cartman have never actually duked it out and that would be something see as both have shown they can and will resort to extreme measures to defeat their enemies.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:31 am

We should learn a little bit more about Wendy's family. Like, does she have a teenage brother for instance? There seems to be a lack of teenage characters. I could see her brother, if there is one, teasing Stan all the time and calling him a squirt or something.
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 6:59 am

^lol thats a great idea, it would be funny though he'd be like to Stan "Don't you hurt my sister or I'm gonna f*cking kill you, you little squirt!"
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
sp150

Postby sp150 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:04 am

I got an idea - well, Kenny always comes back when he dies. Well, it can't be unique to him. What if Ms. Ellen came back when she died? And like before, Stan liked her. And like before, Wendy was jealous.

If you don't get what I'm hinting at by now, you either haven't seen "Tom's Rhinoplasty", or are a complete DUNCE.

[User gets a week's ban for thinking we don't get what he's hinting at, and for saying something that wasn't called for.]
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:40 am

sp150 wrote:I got an idea - well, Kenny always comes back when he dies. Well, it can't be unique to him. What if Ms. Ellen came back when she died? And like before, Stan liked her. And like before, Wendy was jealous.

If you don't get what I'm hinting at by now, you either haven't seen "Tom's Rhinoplasty", or are a complete DUNCE.

I think that would be a bit repetitive there are so many new ideas that could be done with those two.
Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:02 am

^Yeah I agree, it would be too repetitive.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:13 pm

Wendy and Cartman duking it out would be interesting, though they seem to like the idea of Cartman vs. Kyle a lot.

Anyway, there was an interview with April Stewart on Newsarama, that's interesting if you'd want to get some insight about her voice work, though as the Scriptorium pointed out, there's some errors and some...odd wording.

My disappointment is that basically, the article contains nothing all that new than what was said at April Stewart's Q&A panel at Supercon, including some of those errors. I'll say this, though: Though she made mistakes in reference to when she joined the show and replaced Mary Kay (and yes, she didn't mention Schneider at the panel), she didn't mention the "I got the job before she passed away" bit at the panel, though she did say "shortly after", which isn't exactly accurate either (though the Newsarama interview and wording is more 'wtf').

It surprised me that a bunch of SP fans in that panel room had no clue that April Stewart and Mary Kay Bergman weren't one and the same. Which is when she had to explain that.

I can't help but wonder if the person who wrote the interview on the site happened to be at the con to transcribe stuff, or if Stewart simply gave the same or similar answers.

Too bad the article doesn't mention how April Stewart was anxious to do Wendy and other 'young girl' voices in "Good Times With Weapons" and wound up being told that there were no young girls in the episode. I do have to say, Wendy and co. as anime characters'd be something (Bebe as Chun Li, anyone? XD).
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:31 pm

If there's a transcript of the Q&A out there, I'd love to have it. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Mon Dec 24, 2007 8:00 pm

I hope someone that was there at the panel got it, myself. I saw someone with a camera in there that appeared to be recording bits of it, though who knows what they've done with the footage.

Stewart did mention at the panel that she was blanking on some points and that the baby was "playing with her brain", though I really had to think "Wha?" at some points of the panel (especially when that large portion of the room had no clue about the female characters' VA shift, or that Mary Kay had died. That big portion all went "Awww D:" and some went "Really?". It's true that a lot of people don't really pay attention to the voice actor aspect in shows, but I was still stunned at how many people were unaware of all that).

A Wendy-related bit, though, for you guys: Stewart can't naturally do Wendy's voice, it's pitch-shifted a lot. The reason why she sounded different as Wendy in "The List" was because Matt and Trey were going for a more 'mature'-sounding Wendy and the usual pitch-shifting made it too squeaky (she CAN naturally do Mayor McDaniels, Liane, and Shelley though!).

It brings up the question of if the previous Wendy VAs were pitch-shifted, though. I've heard Mona Marshall do high-pitched voices in other cartoons and anime, though I'm not sure whether it's natural or if there's shifting employed there. Eliza Schneider might've been. I can't recall if there was anything said about Mary Kay being pitch-shifted for Wendy, but it's possible. And her pilot VA=I bet so, though the voice was pretty 'rough' anyway XD.

Marshall was name-dropped at the panel a few times, though (she was said to have voiced the girls with the more 'distinctive' voices in episodes like "The List" and "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" and had been on the show and voiced some females before Stewart's time). It seems though, that Eliza Schneider was quite forgotten by her successor (poor Eliza XD). It's quite possible that April Stewart was hired around the end-point of season 7 (after the last episode and Schneider's departure), though she definitely wasn't in "Raisins" (the only female VAs I remember listed were Schneider, Marshall, and two or three unknowns).

Also, since she only gets the scripts with her lines, she's found herself surprised by what happens in the rest of episodes, like with "Woodland Critter Christmas" (she played the mother lioness), "Imaginationland" (Strawberry Shortcake), and "D-Yikes" (the woman Garrison had sex with, blanking on the name currently) being a few that really shocked her (she had to tell her mother not to watch, even).

...anyway, Wendy stuff:

I kind of doubt Wendy'd have a sibling, though then again, I didn't think they'd show her dad, and of course Kenny somehow got a little sister (even if it was only for one episode and something that even the production crew's confused on, blooper-wise). It just seems to be her, her mom, and her father. That wouldn't rule her out from having a teenage cousin of some sort, though, or any kind of cousin (if they hadn't given us Kyle Schwartz, we could've gotten a "Reverse Wendy" type of cousin: incredibly bubble-headed, ditzy, and entirely innocent. Or an incredibly bitchy and loud-mouthed girl/boy that deep down, is actually innocent :B).

It would be interesting to see some Wendy vs. Cartman again, though, as in a way, it'd be another throwback to older times (of course, they'd have to mix it up to keep it from being exactly the same). I think the last time we had Cartman vs. Wendy (aside from a small bit in "Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants") was "Chef Goes Nanners", after all. Which is where we had the brief Wendy/Cartman thing. Both have changed a bit since that episode.

I still would like to see some sort of Kenny and Wendy interaction, though. The idea's just too amusing.

Return to “Character Discussion”