The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

nwt000

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby nwt000 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 am

I have a question for you guys: does Wendy wear her beret because it is cold or do you think she just wears it as a fashion accessory? In my opinion, I believe Wendy wears a beret because she thinks it looks cute. Why do you guys think she wears it?
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:30 am

nwt000 wrote:I have a question for you guys: does Wendy wear her beret because it is cold or do you think she just wears it as a fashion accessory? In my opinion, I believe Wendy wears a beret because she thinks it looks cute. Why do you guys think she wears it?

She definitely wears to because it looks good.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
IconOfEvi

Postby IconOfEvi » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:53 pm

I used to think a lot of the base assumptions, namely that Wendy and Stan are destined to be together, and that Wendy and Cartman hate each other with a gusto

* Stan is NEVER really into his relationship (at least on screen), except when he was pursuing her (early seasons), and when he had lost her (Raisins). Of course, not too much is wrong with this, as they are 4th graders, so its obvious that maturity isnt there yet.

* Cartman we of course know, mostly verbally abuses Wendy. However this ignores he verbally abuses everyone in general - Wendy is not really a particular target of his ire. Taking a random example like say, the Smurfs episode, it is my opinion at least that he wasn't attacking Wendy per se, rather the post she held - student government president, and the power he assumed was behind that seat. When he realized the seat held nothing, he returned back to himself. If anything, he's friendly with her when its random encounters - taking say, the example of Trick or Treating during Pinkeye, he is the one who is all cool with Wendy and fine with her ToTing. He's appalled that she would give all that candy away.

* If anything, most of the time, they are friendly. She is often smiling (like nearly everyone else in the class, admittedly) or at least not upset when Cartman pulls a random stunt (ex, when he sings Kyle's Mom Is A Bitch). As stated earlier, they are civil with each other. To Cartman's credit though, it can be argued he doesn't really 'hate' anyone of the group at all, Kyle included.

* Now, to the last point. Now I know there are fanbases for this, and many against, but I truly do think that at the very least, Cartman loves Wendy, and perhaps stretching things, Wendy doesn't realize that she likes Eric too. As probably stated elsewhere, they share MANY traits. Probably the thing that most links them is that they are determinators. They WILL make things happen their way. In fact, I think thats where a lot of what they believe their hate comes from - both are very passionate and emotional actors, and determined actors, and thus, they naturally will have friction. Its like an old saying by Selim I - "A carpet is big enough to accomodate two Sufi's, but the world is not large enough for two Kings"

* Elaborating, everyone is seeming to forget in this thread, the episode Chef Goes Nanners, where they realize they have an understanding, even reasons why they should like each other. While Wendy says she's over it all after releasing the pressure and doing the speech, Cartman, after she goes, is visibly anguished (something rare in the series). In my opinion, he wishes it was different, or that she would notice him. Of course, someone is going to cite Breast Cancer Show Ever, but my theory is that he clearly didn't want to fight - his waking self wanted not to because he knew he would lose, but his subconcious didn't want to because he still 'loves' Wendy.

* And perhaps most crazy, I don't think those feelings vanished. To me at least, those feelings are a part of her subconcious mind, in constrast with her 'waking' mind. I think that when she started to view Cartman as attractive, an element of her subconcious came out (in Jungian psychology, I think this is called a 'shadow' trait - one that is not normally present, whether by un/concious suppression or not realizing they have this trait/thought). In her subconcious, she knows Cartman is 'right' for her, however her waking self doesn't realize. If anything, during the episode, it goes from not knowing, to actively suppressing (the dream scene) - she even says "Oh God, please don't let this be happening to me", indicating she knows about this, and that it could happen to her. If anything, she's scared because she feels, deep down, she and him are pretty much made for each other. Her ego/waking self can't comprehend/stand for this, and Cartman's ego/waking self know that they subconciously want to be together, and that he in his mind/heart want to be together, so we thus get our present deadlock.
Am I not a man and a brother?

Postby 203177 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:38 pm

yeah i think so too
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:57 pm

I also
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much

Postby 203177 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:13 pm

i hope wendy is more payed attention to in season 15

nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 pm

203177 wrote:i hope wendy is more payed attention to in season 15

Same here, I hope she ends up in the Kidrobot figurine line too.
MaGicPigCow

Postby MaGicPigCow » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:38 pm

I love wendy :)
Breast Cancer Show Ever is my favorite episode. I hope she gets at least one episode about her in Season 15.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:14 pm

hope season 15
I love south park

Postby 203177 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:25 am

i wanna see and ep with her and the girls again its fun to see

nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:16 am

203177 wrote:i wanna see and ep with her and the girls again its fun to see

I hope Trey and Matt do another girl-centric episode because Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset, Marjorine, and The List were awesome!
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:48 pm

is a great idea for season 15
I love south park

Postby 203177 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 pm

i really took a liking to the girls for some weird reason.

Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:36 pm

everyone has their reason
I hope there's even an episode about them
I love south park
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Besides Wendy, the other two girls I really like on the show are Red and Lola. The reason I like Red is that she's a redhead, she's pretty tough, and she has a great voice. Meanwhile, Lola has a great headband, is interested in great literature, and would make a great co-representative for the girls. I like the other six too, I hope all of them get to appear and speak this season. The girls on South Park are underrated and under-appreciated. They should get as much attention as the boys at South Park Elementary School. Craig's gang and Kevin's pals should also get more recognition.

Return to “Character Discussion”