The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Lady_Line_McCormick

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:44 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:I hope someone that was there at the panel got it, myself. I saw someone with a camera in there that appeared to be recording bits of it, though who knows what they've done with the footage.

Stewart did mention at the panel that she was blanking on some points and that the baby was "playing with her brain", though I really had to think "Wha?" at some points of the panel (especially when that large portion of the room had no clue about the female characters' VA shift, or that Mary Kay had died. That big portion all went "Awww D:" and some went "Really?". It's true that a lot of people don't really pay attention to the voice actor aspect in shows, but I was still stunned at how many people were unaware of all that).

A Wendy-related bit, though, for you guys: Stewart can't naturally do Wendy's voice, it's pitch-shifted a lot. The reason why she sounded different as Wendy in "The List" was because Matt and Trey were going for a more 'mature'-sounding Wendy and the usual pitch-shifting made it too squeaky (she CAN naturally do Mayor McDaniels, Liane, and Shelley though!).

It brings up the question of if the previous Wendy VAs were pitch-shifted, though. I've heard Mona Marshall do high-pitched voices in other cartoons and anime, though I'm not sure whether it's natural or if there's shifting employed there. Eliza Schneider might've been. I can't recall if there was anything said about Mary Kay being pitch-shifted for Wendy, but it's possible. And her pilot VA=I bet so, though the voice was pretty 'rough' anyway XD.

Marshall was name-dropped at the panel a few times, though (she was said to have voiced the girls with the more 'distinctive' voices in episodes like "The List" and "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" and had been on the show and voiced some females before Stewart's time). It seems though, that Eliza Schneider was quite forgotten by her successor (poor Eliza XD). It's quite possible that April Stewart was hired around the end-point of season 7 (after the last episode and Schneider's departure), though she definitely wasn't in "Raisins" (the only female VAs I remember listed were Schneider, Marshall, and two or three unknowns).

Also, since she only gets the scripts with her lines, she's found herself surprised by what happens in the rest of episodes, like with "Woodland Critter Christmas" (she played the mother lioness), "Imaginationland" (Strawberry Shortcake), and "D-Yikes" (the woman Garrison had sex with, blanking on the name currently) being a few that really shocked her (she had to tell her mother not to watch, even).

...anyway, Wendy stuff:

I kind of doubt Wendy'd have a sibling, though then again, I didn't think they'd show her dad, and of course Kenny somehow got a little sister (even if it was only for one episode and something that even the production crew's confused on, blooper-wise). It just seems to be her, her mom, and her father. That wouldn't rule her out from having a teenage cousin of some sort, though, or any kind of cousin (if they hadn't given us Kyle Schwartz, we could've gotten a "Reverse Wendy" type of cousin: incredibly bubble-headed, ditzy, and entirely innocent. Or an incredibly bitchy and loud-mouthed girl/boy that deep down, is actually innocent :B).

It would be interesting to see some Wendy vs. Cartman again, though, as in a way, it'd be another throwback to older times (of course, they'd have to mix it up to keep it from being exactly the same). I think the last time we had Cartman vs. Wendy (aside from a small bit in "Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants") was "Chef Goes Nanners", after all. Which is where we had the brief Wendy/Cartman thing. Both have changed a bit since that episode.

I still would like to see some sort of Kenny and Wendy interaction, though. The idea's just too amusing.

I think that nor Wendy or Bebe would be good for Kenny, Powder maybe a good option.

Do you know something I miss? When Wendy sometimes "got into the group the group of the four boys", I would love her being the fifth member, I think the boys really need a female's opinion! :lol: (much better than Butters)

There isn't any girls' bigger role episode. I think she needs an episode (and Bebe too) as Butters and Pip had.

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!

Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:02 pm

^

Keep in mind, of SP Elementry, she's the most mature. She can fill Chef's role of providing the boys with advice when they can't turn to the adults, and since Stan likes her, they can turn to her more as a friend.
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:26 am

HAcoreRD wrote:^

Keep in mind, of SP Elementry, she's the most mature. She can fill Chef's role of providing the boys with advice when they can't turn to the adults, and since Stan likes her, they can turn to her more as a friend.

Excellent idea! She is as mature as Stan is, I would love if it could happen! :D

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

polymorph

Postby polymorph » Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:52 am

Yeah the boy's don't have an information man anymore, they need one. Though I personally think that role should go to an adult character not Wendy as much as she should have a part that's not the one for her.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:40 am

The problem is noone can really take the adult role from Chef, especially the parent figures as they'd likely fib about it to protect them, and not the teachers, especially garrison, who's a head case.

It'd really need to fall to a class mate, and while Kenny can provide the perverted info, Wendy's nose is probably in a book all day so she'd be the wisest to go to.

Besides, the boys (namely Stan) all said many times how stupid the town (adults) were.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:21 am

Why are we discussing Chef on a Wendy thread?

Oh.

No. Wendy's not that wise. She doesn't have the years of experience that Chef had under his belt. Her advice would be of little help.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:28 am

Big-Will wrote:Why are we discussing Chef on a Wendy thread?

Oh.

No. Wendy's not that wise. She doesn't have the years of experience that Chef had under his belt. Her advice would be of little help.

Debateable. Wise? i guess that's my bad, wisdom is obtained through age and experience. Smart fits her.

Was Chef really that wise? Sure he was good to go to for a chat, but it seems his advice sometimes got the boys deeper into their problem. Plus keep in mind, he is a straight mind chose to stay with child molesters over his true friends, that's not wise at all.

But i'll end the Chef thing there, back to our discussion. Agreed, Wendy's not wise due to her young age, however she's incredibly intelligent, and when compared to the rest of the town, that puts her ahead of nearly everyone. (Exceptions can be: Dr. Mephisto, Gregory (From the movie, he seemed fairly intelligent, when compared to nearly everyone).
Lady_Line_McCormick

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:46 am

My opinion is unique, the boys really need a feminine opinion, because they only hang on with boys and they don't undertand everything.

And they need a trustful girl and Wendy is an excellent option besides that she is intelligent and she can help them. I would love if she could join the boys' adventures but I know it's not a possible dream...

Pathy

Postby Pathy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 am

I think that Wendy is just a normal girl, mature for her age (well, sometimes she acts like a bitch)...but what she did with miss Ellen is understandable because a jealous woman is capable of anything, even kill...
Viva el Peru caraxo!
SouthParkSoul

Postby SouthParkSoul » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:58 am

Wendy could cause problems by thinking she's wise.
Küssen Sie meinen Esel

Taking the Banner of the Holy Marsh! Death to the Vile Lard!
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:01 am

wonder if cartman stil likes wendy
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:23 am

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:wonder if cartman stil likes wendy

I doubt it since that faithful enconter in "Chef Goes Nanners" Cartman has lost what little of a soul he had.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:36 am

i guess but it was sad when he walked away liking her still
matttait

Postby matttait » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:25 am

I think that stan and Wendy should get back together because they made a good couple and added a little bit of romance to a few episodes. I am not saying I want romance in every episode, just maybe like a few of the episodes like once every 5 episodes.
S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K

Postby S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:44 am

stan and wendy is a no no

Return to “Character Discussion”