The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:23 am

S-O-U-T-H-P-A-R-K wrote:stan and wendy is a no no


Do explain. Stan and Wendy seem like a perfect match, like Butter and Toast

If they weren't meant to be together, they'd have had much more friction working together in "The List", like the friction stan and wendy had in "Follow that egg".
Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 am

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:11 am

Yeah, I prefer the slash Wendy/Cartman. And I love doing Wendy feeling envy from Stan, argumenting but deeply she loves him. :)

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:36 am

While I lurve the often forgoten Cannon Wendy/Cartman, Cartman/kyle and Cartman/homosexual (Butters) fill him up.

Wendy and Stan were ment for eachother. Created to be with one another from day one, litterally. They need each other man!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:32 pm

I don't think there was ever a Wendy/Cartman thing. Wendy just had an impulsive spell, likely because she never really conversed with boys outside Stan (Kyle too, but not as frequently early on). What she likely saw in Eric was probably his childish acts, (she laughed at his 'puppeteering'), where as Stan usaully purposely tries to impress her and act on her level, because Stan might see being himself inferior to her (see: South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut).

After kissing Cartman she got the impulse out of her system and was done with it. Cartman likely does hang onto that moment like a life line since he's a social outcast (and it wasn't him acting gay on accident, or being molested by some possible family members). Does Cartman care about Wendy? I wouldn't think so since he still constantly insults her, likely because he feels betrayed by her.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:29 am

There's more of a Wendy/Cartman thing than a Tweek/Craig or a Stan/Kyle thing, but that doesn't stop fans pretending those two exist. Your apraisal of the situation is of course correct, if you treat SP as a real place operating under real world conditions not just whatever Matt and Trey want to happen; Stan and Wendy will be together forever until the end of time either way!

What about the Token/Wendy thing though? It's commented on in one screenshot and one line in one episode, but clearly went on for more than an impulse...
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:29 am

^

In my eyes, taking everything in Raisins into account is:

Wendy wanted attention, that she hadn't recieved in weeks (Quote Stan at the start: "I haven't spoken to Wendy in weeks."). Wendy decides to "break up" with him so he'll pay more attention to her. She later gets angry at Stan for telling Jimmy that "Stan said you're a c*nt." (Obviously Jimmy Stuttered, but Wendy left before Jimmy said the true message). Thus Wendy went out with one of Stan's friends to take a stab at Stan, and for compassion believing Stan truly didn't care about her.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby superiorsavior » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:36 am

You really look deeply into these things, don't you? ell, it explains why Wendy was so shocked to see stan standing outside her window (with that boombox, who wouldn't be?) and why she tried to make up on the egg episode so quick.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:47 pm

^

I do enjoy reading deep. There's more to South Park than what meets the eye, just depends how deep you care to dive.

Wendy's shocked expression is what really spoke out as "He still cares." Of course being caught with Token, she dug herself deeper, and by not trying to make peace with Stan, started the tension between the two (or three, if you count Token). Likely after Raisins she broke off with Token, similiar to how Bebe broke off with Clyde after "Club house" only to have to manipulate a list to get Clyde under a leash again. I could be wrong, and something can come between the Stan, Wendy, Token triangle, if the story goes that way.

Though if anything comes of it, Stan would have to not be aggressive at risk of looking like he hasn't changed in Wendy's eyes and losing her.
Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 am

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:51 am

HAcoreRD wrote:I don't think there was ever a Wendy/Cartman thing. Wendy just had an impulsive spell, likely because she never really conversed with boys outside Stan (Kyle too, but not as frequently early on). What she likely saw in Eric was probably his childish acts, (she laughed at his 'puppeteering'), where as Stan usaully purposely tries to impress her and act on her level, because Stan might see being himself inferior to her (see: South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut).

After kissing Cartman she got the impulse out of her system and was done with it. Cartman likely does hang onto that moment like a life line since he's a social outcast (and it wasn't him acting gay on accident, or being molested by some possible family members). Does Cartman care about Wendy? I wouldn't think so since he still constantly insults her, likely because he feels betrayed by her.


It's because of it, I appreciate Wendy/Cartman as a slash not a canon couple.

I think she was evil, if she wanted Stan payed attention at her she could try other way not betraying him and breaking Stan's heart. He's too especial for it!

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:36 am

Keep in mind, the way SP sorta looks at it, girls are evil. "The List", "Club House", "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", "Tom's Rhinoplastry" all show the girl's darker side. They're sweet on the outside, and Wendy's probably the sweetest at South Park, but they have their own want and dreams to fulfill and if Eric Cartman can manipulate for his goals, Wendy can too.

Wendy's intentions, in my eyes, was to get Stan to go after her immediately after the break up. Stan instead used the wrong people to speak for him, lead to some confusion, and they seperated. Didn't go as she planned, if that was the plan...but Wendy may have figured if Stan acted hostile in Raisins, it was better to end it early.

Still, always hope the 2 can get on with their future relationship.
Lady_Line_McCormick
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:14 am

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby Lady_Line_McCormick » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:37 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:Keep in mind, the way SP sorta looks at it, girls are evil. "The List", "Club House", "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", "Tom's Rhinoplastry" all show the girl's darker side. They're sweet on the outside, and Wendy's probably the sweetest at South Park, but they have their own want and dreams to fulfill and if Eric Cartman can manipulate for his goals, Wendy can too.



Besides that they are evil, they are very futille. The girls in my classroom when they were 9 they didn't even thought about boys! The girls only think about going out, that sucks! :evil: Except Stan, the boys deserve to be with better women in other cities, because they pobrably can become bitches. :lol:

Well, Wendy isn't loyal, she betrayed Stan twice (Chef Goes Manners and Raisins) and felt envy from Bebe because of her boobs.

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!


Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
HAcoreRD
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:28 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:51 pm

Lady_Line_McCormick wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:Keep in mind, the way SP sorta looks at it, girls are evil. "The List", "Club House", "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", "Tom's Rhinoplastry" all show the girl's darker side. They're sweet on the outside, and Wendy's probably the sweetest at South Park, but they have their own want and dreams to fulfill and if Eric Cartman can manipulate for his goals, Wendy can too.



Besides that they are evil, they are very futille. The girls in my classroom when they were 9 they didn't even thought about boys! The girls only think about going out, that sucks! :evil: Except Stan, the boys deserve to be with better women in other cities, because they pobrably can become bitches. :lol:

Well, Wendy isn't loyal, she betrayed Stan twice (Chef Goes Manners and Raisins) and felt envy from Bebe because of her boobs.


In Wendy's defense, Stan did neglect her alot, heck, he laughed at her implants rather than defend her in some way atleast.

Wendy isn't very manipulative though. Stan's lucky she seems to get almost all that she wants (her family seems wealthy judging from her room they showed), and if she doesn't want much outside attention then she'd be the perfect girl. Pity i don't know anyone like that :lol:

I still want to see Stan put some moves on her like he claim he did back in Season 2 (Flash Back episode where he made out with her twice).
nikola0192
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:58 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby nikola0192 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:40 am

I think South Park needs a main character in love with a side character, so why not Stan and Wendy? This show has everything, but with a little love on the side (not too much or it will become crappy) i think it's safe to say that it makes the show perfect. I also think Stan and Wendy are as bad as each other, as good as they are. You know what i mean? :?
Butters: Hey! Who's dropping bombs in there? How about a courtesy flush?!

Cartman: Up yours, Butters!
Persian
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:49 pm

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby Persian » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:03 pm

She is/was awesome.
bofubutt
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:34 am

Re: The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Postby bofubutt » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 am

I've always hated slash with a passion, but that's just me.

One thing I like about Wendy is that she's established herself as a character who doesn't need a love interest to be interesting, as we saw in "Stupid Spoiled Whore" and, to a lesser extent, "The List." Of course, the dynamic with Stan does help both characters considerably.

In a way, Wendy's become the female equivalent of Stan - or maybe Stan simply became the male equivalent of Wendy. Or maybe they simply met somewhere in the middle. Both are the "normal" kid - the barometer against which the rest of the characters are measured.

As for Wendy and Cartman: thank the heavens, it's most likely never going to get dragged up again. She voted him "ugliest in the class," for Pete's sake. Cartman showed a surprising amount of maturity in "Chef Goes Nanners," but the rest of the time, he's been an assh*le, even when he's doing the right thing (he always does it for the wrong reasons). So it's unlikely that Wendy will ever be attracted to him again.

Besides, being with Cartman would really limit Wendy as a character. With Stan, she has someone to interact with who won't steal the scene like Cartman tends to do. Plus, the conversation between Stan and Wendy in "The List" strongly implies that even though she'd broken up with Stan, Wendy was still hoping for something to happen (hence, "This is a nice surprise, Stan").

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests