The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

purple angel 87

Postby purple angel 87 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:17 am

Did you notice in tonight's episode #1012, that Stan and Wendy were sitting next to each other in class? I think they were talking. It may not have a point to it but, I was happy anyway since I'm a Stan/Wendy fan.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:21 am

I noticed Wendy was seated quite a bit closer to Stan than normal, but I didn't notice her talking to Stan. I'll have to watch that again. That's so awesome... perhaps it's a premonition? Or perhaps I'm just dreaming again. Follow That Egg was as close to a reunion as we could've hoped to get and it wasn't to be. Best not to get my hopes up again... but who are we kidding, I'm going to anyway. :lol:
purple angel 87

Postby purple angel 87 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:26 am

Yeah, it does does bring up something. "Follow that Egg" did as well. We'll just have to wait and see like in next weeks episode or sometime later. Maybe in an episode which she stars.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:37 am

Since 1013 will be Part II to 1012, I would hope for 1014 being a Wendy episode. If not, then this will be the first season where Wendy played no major roles. Okay, so Wendy played no major roles in Season 3 either, but she did play a role in the movie, which came out in 1999 while Season 3 was going on.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:16 am

We'll just have to see, won't we?

On a somewhat related note..I've been trying to clean up the SP Wikipedia entries. I've just noticed that some of the female characters all have "Mona Marshall" attributed to them as their past VAs. Now, to my knowledge, Marshall only voiced Wendy for a brief time, and she continues to voice select females like Mrs.Broflovski and Mrs.Stotch. Schneider always voiced Mrs.Marsh, Ms.Cartman, and the others, though I believe Marshall may have voiced the Mayor once.

Some of the character entries have the VAs mixed up as well (I'm hesitant to edit Annie's, as I've never listened clearly to her "Follow That Egg" appearance to tell if Marshall did her voice as claimed there. They're wrong about that being her first speaking role, for sure. She spoke WAY back in season 3, when Mary Kay Bergman provided her voice, even if it was just "Bye, Kenny". April Stewart, under Gracie Lazar, and Jessie Thomas are two other VAs I've seen attributed to Annie's vocals in season 8 in the past, which aren't listed on Wiki).

Back to Wendy..what would you guys like to see for her next appearance? A girls type of episode, a 'solo' Wendy one (not likely), or what? Just curious.

The latter would be interesting, but highly unlikely. The former would be more likely, though it'd be interesting to see her interact with the boys again. I don't think it'd be a step back, depending on how it was handled. I'm not saying they should pair her back up with Stan and have them go at it like rabbits (believe me, some W-haters will accuse you of that. I had one accuse me of only watching the show to 'get off' on S/W going at it. Creep.), but I don't know..seeing Kyle and Wendy, the two 'smart' kids, interact, was interesting. As I said earlier, I'd like to see some more Butters/Wendy stuff, as it'd be interesting.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:09 am

I'd like to see Wendy interact with the other boys more. We've seen her have close interactions with Stan, Cartman, and, most recently, Kyle. She's never spoken to Kenny though (her one acknowledgement of him was in Pinkeye when she said "Ew" in response to his arm falling off) and the only time she's interacted with Butters was in Marjorine. I'd like to see her interact with Butters again, and maybe Kenny. (I dunno, Kenny might be too perverted for Wendy's liking, but hey, at least it'd give them both something to do, and it'd probably produce hilarious results. :P)
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:13 am

It'd be funny to see Kenny try to cop a feel or something on her, or say something perverted, and end up getting bitch-slapped. Dunno.

Maybe a Kenny/Wendy (not so much in a romantic way, but a 'team-up') episode would be something different. It's better than using some of the same characters over and over..
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:30 am

Yeah, I've certainly had enough Cartman/Butters teamup episodes.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:52 am

I'm going to have my opinion of Wendy loud and clear, I don't care if you bash or flame me afterwards. Wendy is a bitch, she is almost as bad as ass chins. She killed someone for Stan, but dumped him anyways.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:13 pm

Cerisa_Roz wrote:It'd be funny to see Kenny try to cop a feel or something on her, or say something perverted, and end up getting bitch-slapped. Dunno.

Maybe a Kenny/Wendy (not so much in a romantic way, but a 'team-up') episode would be something different. It's better than using some of the same characters over and over..

That's certainly a team we've never seen before, and yes, This show needs a little more innovation instead of the same thing over and over.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:50 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:I'm going to have my opinion of Wendy loud and clear, I don't care if you bash or flame me afterwards. Wendy is a bitch, she is almost as bad as ass chins. She killed someone for Stan, but dumped him anyways.

Once again, she has flaws, but so does everyone else. In most of her appearances, she's kind and caring. You might say that none of that makes up for having killed someone, but consider this: Kyle attempted to kill the Queer Eye guys. Is he any better in this regard? No. Besides, it's just a cartoon, so who cares if a major character kills a minor one? If it's funny, I say do it!

I'm not flaming you for your opinion or anything, nor am I trying to convince you to like Wendy, I'm just giving my feedback on the matter.
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:04 am

Wendy and Kenny should hook up. Maybe they could be assigned together in a class assignment. But Kenny may have a thing for Powder, his egg project partner.
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:01 pm

Why would Kenny have a thing for Powder? Just because they were paired up together? You're just forcing characters together here, aren't you?

A Kenny/Wendy teamup might be interesting (don't see it ever happening, though), but as an actual couple would be bad. Kenny is Stan's friend. He wouldn't do that to him. :|
purple angel 87

Postby purple angel 87 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:04 pm

It might be possible that Wendy might be in this week's episode.
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:43 am

Stan and wendy never seemed to spend much time together. I would have liked to have seen more of their relationship in the story. I hope they do get back together in a later series.

Return to “Character Discussion”