The official Wendy disscussion Thread

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:25 am

Ok... I don't know why this was never updated, but it's official, Wendy had no roles in season 10. The only use of her was at the beginning of "Cartoon Wars", and that was probably only thrown in so that people couldn't say she was completely forgotten. It's like the Kenny-dies gag at the beginning of "Warcraft"... just put in there because it has to be.

It's possible that Wendy isn't used anymore because Trey has remarried (sometime after "Ginger Kids", which was in season 9). After all, Wendy was based on Trey's ex; now that Trey is remarried it must either be extremely painful or extremely awkward to write Wendy into a script.

And I'm hoping to make a Kenny and Wendy fan fic (I've already started writing it), but it won't be anything like you people expect. And there won't be romance between the two of them, rather the fic will (if I make myself finish it) just clear something up.
-----
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:35 am

Aimsireil wrote:Ok... I don't know why this was never updated, but it's official, Wendy had no roles in season 10. The only use of her was at the beginning of "Cartoon Wars", and that was probably only thrown in so that people couldn't say she was completely forgotten. It's like the Kenny-dies gag at the beginning of "Warcraft"... just put in there because it has to be.

It's possible that Wendy isn't used anymore because Trey has remarried (sometime after "Ginger Kids", which was in season 9). After all, Wendy was based on Trey's ex; now that Trey is remarried it must either be extremely painful or extremely awkward to write Wendy into a script.

And I'm hoping to make a Kenny and Wendy fan fic (I've already started writing it), but it won't be anything like you people expect. And there won't be romance between the two of them, rather the fic will (if I make myself finish it) just clear something up.

I thought liane Cartman was his ex?
DemonicStanley wrote:wendy likes black mans cock now..
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:43 am

Well, his ex's name was Liane. So it's partial revenge on her by naming a hermaphrodite character after her.

But see, Trey is represented by Stan - or at least that's the basic premise of Stan's character. And Stan used to go out with Wendy, but then they split up in Raisins, making Wendy Stan's ex. So when you take into account the fact that Stan is Trey... yeah. It flows from there, except for the fact that Wendy still has credibility left to her. I don't think it's "painful" or anything.

Season ten didn't do a few things that past seasons have done. Examples: Since season seven, we've seen Kenny unhooded and die in a season at least once. Neither really occurred in season ten. Jimmy and Timmy have had an episode to themselves since season seven, but they didn't get anything in season ten. Wendy has had an episode (or at least a strong presence in one episode) pretty much every season - some more than others - but not in season ten.

So I don't think it has anything to do with the whole "ex" factor. It's just that they... didn't really use her.
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:52 am

iceiwynd wrote:Well, his ex's name was Liane. So it's partial revenge on her by naming a hermaphrodite character after her.

But see, Trey is represented by Stan - or at least that's the basic premise of Stan's character. And Stan used to go out with Wendy, but then they split up in Raisins, making Wendy Stan's ex. So when you take into account the fact that Stan is Trey... yeah. It flows from there, except for the fact that Wendy still has credibility left to her. I don't think it's "painful" or anything.

Season ten didn't do a few things that past seasons have done. Examples: Since season seven, we've seen Kenny unhooded and die in a season at least once. Neither really occurred in season ten. Jimmy and Timmy have had an episode to themselves since season seven, but they didn't get anything in season ten. Wendy has had an episode (or at least a strong presence in one episode) pretty much every season - some more than others - but not in season ten.

So I don't think it has anything to do with the whole "ex" factor. It's just that they... didn't really use her.

That Pretty much summed up everything. Now all the other posts seem trivial.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:01 pm

I do believe that Wendy herself was based on Trey's ex in personality... we should check that. And forget how I said it would be "painful" to put Wendy in an episode, what I was emphasizing was how it would probably be awkward for Trey to explain to his new wife why he is putting his ex's personality into his show.

And you're right, season 10 has been basically been skim milk on some of the stuff from other seasons... Wendy got basically no role, Kenny's unhooded appearance was and is unconfirmed (from the Stanley's cup flashback, people think he might be in there), the Kenny-death gag was used very shabbily, and J&T had only a few roles... although that last one doesn't seem too bad to me, at least they did some stuff.

And don't call my post trivial! Your post is trivial! It's not even one line long.
-----
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Tue Jan 02, 2007 12:11 pm

Aimsireil wrote:I do believe that Wendy herself was based on Trey's ex in personality... we should check that. And forget how I said it would be "painful" to put Wendy in an episode, what I was emphasizing was how it would probably be awkward for Trey to explain to his new wife why he is putting his ex's personality into his show.

And you're right, season 10 has been basically been skim milk on some of the stuff from other seasons... Wendy got basically no role, Kenny's unhooded appearance was and is unconfirmed (from the Stanley's cup flashback, people think he might be in there), the Kenny-death gag was used very shabbily, and J&T had only a few roles... although that last one doesn't seem too bad to me, at least they did some stuff.

And don't call my post trivial! Your post is trivial! It's not even one line long.

LOL you're right but, he did sum it up and so did you, now dont complain or im turning this car around!
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:23 am

lil kenny wrote:he

Assface, I'm a girl.

Wendy has been given highly respected and intelligent roles, most notably in Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset. That was HER episode and she did a good job in it. I don't see how that's further taking out revenge on his ex at all. She's just a separate character.
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:27 am

Also in Chef's Gone Nanners... I think that was the episode.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:57 am

All this is true, but didn't Matt say once in an interview that their relationship "was written in the stars but it always ends up against them" or something? It's almost like he's saying they're meant too be but it always ends up as hell.[/b]
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
nutmeg218

Postby nutmeg218 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:50 am

Shiek927 wrote:All this is true, but didn't Matt say once in an interview that their relationship "was written in the stars but it always ends up against them" or something? It's almost like he's saying they're meant too be but it always ends up as hell.[/b]

That was pretty close. On Wikipediait says that: "When asked during a staff chat on South Park Studios if Stan and Wendy would ever be brought back together, Matt Stone replied that their love seemed to be written in the stars, but it is as if the world conspires to keep them apart."
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:16 am

Now, it interests me why Matt said that, and not Trey.
-----
iceiwynd

Postby iceiwynd » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:51 pm

Because it was the Ask Matt chat from a bit over a year ago, and that question got chosen. He had to answer with something - and the way he said it doesn't confirm or deny that Stan and Wendy will ever get back together.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:52 am

^Drat his sneakiness!

Now, what did you guys think of all the stuff that happened in "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset"? Wasn't the way Wendy acted inconsistent with the way she acted in "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society"? Or what was up with her in that ep?
-----
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:20 am

I really liked Wendy at the start off Stupid spoiled whore, but then she gave in and wanted to fit in with Bebe and the other girls. I think it's because she didn't want to be an outcast. It's always horrible to be the one left out so she was just going along with the group, or aleast tried to. She just wanted people to like her.

As for Bebe's boobs destroy society, she was jealous that the boys were paying so much attention to Bebe, and thats why she got implants. She wanted all the attention in that episode.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:52 am

^Mm. Wendy really stuck to her beliefs in that one, and she seemed very in-character. However, I can't believe neither Stan nor Kyle nor Token (nor especially Kenny with his sick mind) had anything to say about the whole whore trend, or when Wendy herself tried to become a whore. But why didn't her parents help her become a better whore...? Her dad said he would, after all.

And she was an attention hog in that episode. I still cannot believe that it wasn't Kenny who went up and squeezed the implants (What ever happened to those...?).
-----

Return to “Character Discussion”