Most useless character

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Atah!!!

Most useless character

Postby Atah!!! » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:35 am

Which character could be killed off and the show not suffer at all?

Personally, I say Kenny because he's a character who has no real dialouge because it's so tough to tell what the hell he's saying. Plus, the other three kids could easily replace him as they already did once with Tweek and Butters.
What awaits everyone in heaven is eternal peace, divine rest, and $10,000 cash.
jawmht

Postby jawmht » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:42 am

I'd say towlie, He is the worst characture ever.
∞◄♫‼░☺♥♦ ¿Jawmht? ♣♣☺ ░‼♪►∞
elenastd

Re: Most useless character

Postby elenastd » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:34 am

Atah!!! wrote:Which character could be killed off and the show not suffer at all?

Personally, I say Kenny because he's a character who has no real dialouge because it's so tough to tell what the hell he's saying. Plus, the other three kids could easily replace him as they already did once with Tweek and Butters.

Kenny is one of the 4 children, you can't kill him forever. Sure he was replaced in season 6, and there were many good episodes, but in a long time, it would be tiring, because we all know that's Kenny's place.
And he has a real dialogue, which I, and I'm spanish, understand almost completely, unless he speaks too fast for me.
Plus he's a funny character, and not only in the way he mumbles things, and dies and reappears, but also for many things.
Maybe we never had an episode focused in him, but i hope that day will come soon
sk8terzrock

Postby sk8terzrock » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:22 am

CLYDE!
ERIC THEODORE CARTMANImageImage

http://www.madmaxtaylor.piczo.com
have msn add mad_max_4000@msn.com
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:43 pm

Hmm..let's see..

Jimmy
Goth Kids
Raisins Girls..actually, a lot of the more recent filler characters could pretty much croak and there wouldn't be a problem.

I don't see them killing any of the four boys at the moment (they've already pretty much written Kenny out anyway, even with him being there at times).

Jimmy's so freakin annoying though. It was alright when he appeared the first time, and maybe the second, but it seems like they're really pushing him on us.

Same thing with Cousin Kyle, but to a much LESSER extent (thankfully!).
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:37 pm

w3rd to Cerisa. I highly dislike episodes that focus on Jimmy. Those types of episodes should be handed over to worthwhile characters such as, ohhhhh, I dunno, KENNY!?
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:18 pm

Jimmy sucks, yo. He's not a worthwhile character-- it just seems that M&T were trying to bring another Timmy into the show at the time.

I would have to say the most useless character is Towelie. I'm sorry, but Towelie just sucks. He and Jimmy are characters that would work well appearing in one episode, but they were milked dry. The idea of a pot-smoking towel who was intentionally made a crappy character was kind of amusing at first, but the towel just wore out his welcome in subsequent appearances. And then they made an entire episode devoted to him? "A Million Little Fibers" was most definitely the worst episode in SP history.

Next thing you know, they'll be putting Mingie in another episode. Just what we need... more crotch shots. :stanpuke:

The Goth kids are OK... in small doses. But they really should be limited to one or two episodes, and M&T haven't overdone their characters yet, luckily.

Why is it that all of the good characters have been replaced by these filler characters? >.<
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:21 pm

Towelie, to me, was the one slightly amusing part of A Million Little Fibers. It was Mingie and Gary that made me hate the episode. By the end of the episode, I was a little tired of looking at Oprah's crotch. I do agree that Towelie has been milked dry though and should not have been the star of an episode like that.
Atah!!!

Postby Atah!!! » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:26 pm

Matt and Trey said on DVD commentary that Jimmy was created because they were tired of how Timmy couldn't say anything but "Timmy!" I think he's funny in small doses but he shouldn't be in every episode. He would get really old then. Towelie was funny when he first appeared but now he's lame and irrelevant. I would love it if the creators made Kenny take off his coat for good so that way he could talk as much as the other three boys. M&T even said that was becoming a prop which is why they killed him off in season 5.
What awaits everyone in heaven is eternal peace, divine rest, and $10,000 cash.
MCkormick2

Postby MCkormick2 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:04 pm

Dog Poo is the most useless character. We all know that.

Of course, I've said this before, I think that South Park's character dynamics is different from The Simpson's dynamics. In the beggining, they (Matt and Parker) tried to make the show a bit like The Simpsons, but, as the show evolved, they got tired of writing in recurring characters, and became more concerned with the plot. I think that is the reason why many of the recurring characters in the first seasons were "written off", while new characters, that evolved differently, started to be more active, plot-wise. They made characters like the Goth kids, the Raisins girls and City Wok guy, and slowly replaced Jimbo, Officer Barbrady and the Mayor.

After seeing A Million Little Fibers for the second time, I didn't think it sucked so much as it seemed the first time. It just sounds weird the first time you see it. But, I don't think they should bring back any of the characters (That'd be hard, since Mingie and Gary died). Towelie, for instance, had a breaktrhough, and is no longer funny, since his pot-induced schemes were share of his brilliance¹.

I think none of these characters should be back. South Park, in my opinion, isn't about recurring characters, but about four boys, and their stories. Even if there are funny characters, like Tweek and Randy.

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:31 pm

Well, I can see why one would've tired of Timmy. They seemed to milk him quite a bit in early season 4, and then towards the end. Thankfully, they kind of sidelined him to the role of the 'kid who just bobs his head around in the classroom, shouts, and wiggles a bit'. Still, even with Timmy's "TIMMAY" getting played out, I think Jimmy sort of took away the unique factor there and only multiplied the annoyance-factor when they made him a recurring character.

He is the new 'Timmy', but a lot more grating, despite his less-limited vocabulary.

While Pip wasn't really a 'main' sideliner, per se, it's like he no longer exists on the show. I would've been glad to see Tweek as the 4th boy (if Kenny was 'nevarrr11' to come back), but it seems they shafted him rather quickly in season 6, and he's only recently had a line or two in THIS season (I lost track of Tweek). Butters is the only one of the 'Melvins' that's really done much so far.

The Goth Kids, for me, should've only been in Raisins. Same things goes with the Raisins girls.

However, I don't mind seeing more of the basic classroom kids like Clyde, Craig, Token, etc. Speaking of which, I've noticed Bill, Fosse, Terrence Mephesto, and Dog-Poo (who wasn't a big character, but still a usual background filler) kind of vanished as well as seasons went by. Hmm.

And yes, Towelie is damn annoying. "Towelie" (and his small cameo in "Osama Bin Laden Has Farty Pants") should have been it. You know..maybe they're doing this to annoy us? :lol: "Oh so you don't like Towelie, do you? Well F YOU! Ha! Like I give a crap what YOU think, fanboy!".
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:04 pm

Cerisa_Roz wrote:While Pip wasn't really a 'main' sideliner, per se, it's like he no longer exists on the show. I would've been glad to see Tweek as the 4th boy (if Kenny was 'nevarrr11' to come back), but it seems they shafted him rather quickly in season 6, and he's only recently had a line or two in THIS season (I lost track of Tweek). Butters is the only one of the 'Melvins' that's really done much so far.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed Pip's disappearance on the series. It's so depressing! I wish Pip had been chosen as the fourth boy... as much as I like Tweek, the little Frenchie had a lot of potential! D: They've been cheating us out of him since Butters made a notable appearance in TGNAHT, and he's virtually died out on the series... :cry:
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:15 pm

Let's see how long it takes Athena to respond to this.

PIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!...is a useless character...
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:17 pm

I'm going to have to go with Towelie as well. The inside joke they set up around his character has been beaten to death. I didn't even find the original "Towelie" episode all that funny, and it certainly didn't warrant a sequel as awful as AMLF.

Jimmy and Timmy aren't so much useless as they are overrated and overused.
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:28 pm

Taranis_Music wrote:Let's see how long it takes Athena to respond to this.

PIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!...is a useless character...

YOU ARE GOING DOWN, BITCH!!! *hurls a dodgeball covered in spikes with poisonous tips at T_M*

Return to “Character Discussion”