Will They Grow Up?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Deadcorp

Will They Grow Up?

Postby Deadcorp » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:53 pm

Will the kids in South Park ever grow up? There has been 10 seasons so far, and they have stayed at being 8 or 9 years old during all of them. I think it would be a good idea to make them 10 years old soon, maybe a new episode theme?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:58 pm

The boys won't even reach fifth grade! The boys went to fourth grade after 3 and 2/3 years, and haven't gone any higher in the next 6, and could you imagine Matt and Trey still making the show in 10 years, when the boys might possibly just be in sixth grade? The boys will never grow up.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:05 pm

It wouldn't be half as funny if they did anyway. You see adults and teenagers cursing and stuff everyday, but how often do you see a show like this centered around children?
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:12 pm

I explained it already. The fact of the matter is that nobody in South Park ever ages. It might be something in the water. They might not look it, but Matt and Trey are actually in their late seventies. :)
Deadcorp

Postby Deadcorp » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:23 am

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:I explained it already. The fact of the matter is that nobody in South Park ever ages. It might be something in the water. They might not look it, but Matt and Trey are actually in their late seventies. :)

Hahah, that was a good one. But maybe, for the final episode, they could show them in their 20's or 30's.
Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:48 am

South Park..grow up? It doesn't seem to compute ("Cannot compute. Cannot compute. OVERLOAD *BOOM*").

At the most, they would go to the fifth grade. And even that's highly unlikely. Though some consistency is maintained, the show is set on a sliding timescale. Some time may pass, but we'll never really know HOW much.

If they were to do a high school episode (heh), it'd more likely be a spoof of all those sudden time-jumps in a few shows. It wouldn't be SERIOUS.

And I could just imagine IF they did go to fifth grade..they wouldn't physically age at all. They didn't change size when they went to fourth, they wouldn't there. There'd probably even be a gag about it. They're already pretty short as it is :P

And Mr..wait, MS.Garrison would still be their teacher somehow. Because even though some things change, others wouldn't. Gotta love them cartoons :)
Athena1999

Postby Athena1999 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:04 am

Why did they have to go to fourth grade in the first place? It's a rhetorical question-- I know M&T put them there for a ratings boost. But I totally agree with the above posts that the SP characters will never age... maybe they will someday make it to fifth grade, but that will mean a total change of appearance, which would be somewhat unusual...

But still, I'd like to know what the boys (except Cartman, because we know what he'd look like already) would truly look like as adults.
aristottlesdeathwish

Postby aristottlesdeathwish » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:31 am

I could so see them doing a highschool one though. Just as like a "What if" episode. Maybe one that mocks all of those sappy teen dramas like the OC. Or dawsons creek. I could see it now, "Cartmans Creek" lol
"When you do something right, no one knows you have done anything at all"=Futurama
Schittywall

Postby Schittywall » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:40 am

Or they could do the opposite of what they did in "Pre-School" they could just do like a flash forward in time and call it "High-School", i dunno how they would manage that, or get a story out of that, but still thatd be cool. They could use trent boyett getting out of juvie.. again in highschool.

[you]
vexille

Postby vexille » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:19 pm

Since when have animated characters aged?
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
Rebecca_Cutswald

Postby Rebecca_Cutswald » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:31 pm

Matt and Trey said they won't ever grow up because
1. Most of the jokes are driven by innocence. IE. It's funny that the boys don't know why they suddenly like Bebe when she grows boobs
2. One of them said they hated fifth grade.
Kyle Loves Me// Albino.black.sheep is my accountabilabuddy! *tackle hugs*
Butters_UK

Postby Butters_UK » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:42 pm

They should never reach the 7th grade! 10 is old as they should get. Think about it. In the simpsons, Bart is like..12? and he was 12 about 15 years ago too! lol. KEEP THE BOYS INNOCENT MAN!
Elrog

Postby Elrog » Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:45 pm

do what the simpsons did but like make the boys just think about it. Prahaps a fic? Hint hint wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:45 am

A high school episode would be good and we can see the boys as sixteen year olds. They will probably dress in a similar way with Stan and Kyle still wearing their hats and Kenny with a similar coat only with a looser hood so we can see his whole face.
patrickov

Postby patrickov » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:04 pm

Put it like this: 4th grade setting was just a sub-plot of trying to introduce Ms. Choksondik to replace Garrison but it didn't work out. That's all.

Peanuts' characters didn't grow into adults. Same for Baby Blues, at least recently (I wonder how many of you guys read that crap lol), so I don't think there's a difference in South Park.

Return to “Character Discussion”