Kenny? Now meaningless?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Brett14

Kenny? Now meaningless?

Postby Brett14 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:56 pm

For the past few seaons the famous character among people who have never seen south park because of the phrase "Oh my god you killed kenny you bastards" is nearly meaningless. Without having a theme to him anymore Kenny has seem to drift off into an outcasting. Why doesn't he die? Why doesnt he whip out those smartass mature sayings that you can't understand? Kenny seems to now be a completeyl meaningless character. I don't care if you don't agree but its true.
Sonnyvice

Postby Sonnyvice » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:06 pm

It's true and I agree with you. Again one more reason why I miss the old times so much.
Shiek927

Postby Shiek927 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:33 pm

This more or less belongs on the Kenny board and not a seperate topic, and yes, his role has dimished severely too being a blinking prop who says "yes" and nothing more. He does have a few mature sayings, and he did die in Warcraft, so he isn't completely down.
Through the years we all will be together...if our fates allow...

"Whats your name?"
"What's in a name?"
Kyle and Rebecca.
dacotah123

Postby dacotah123 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:26 am

:twisted: :evil: dacotah is my name
\ :arrow:
NauaCaos

Re: Kenny? Now meaningless?

Postby NauaCaos » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:17 am

Brett14 wrote:Kenny seems to now be a completeyl meaningless character.
That pretty much sums it up. :(
(¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø°`)
(`¤ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸,ø¤°`°¤ø,¸¸ø¤°`°¤ø,¸)
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:04 am

Kenny didn't die in Warcraft, it was just his character who died. Anyway, we all need a little more Kenny. They should at least reinvent him, even if it means ditching his orange coat.
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:10 pm

Yes, Kenny is becoming a meaningless character, but then again, there's only so much you can do with inaudible muffling. From the very begining, Kenny wasn't really meant to have such a huge part (I did hear in some commentary that M&T put four boys in only because there were always groups of four boys- the two best friends, the fat one, and the poor one. Kenny was created to fill in the "poor" void.) I think if Trey and Matt kept on going for a full ten+ seasons of Kenny dying (paired with the "Oh my god, they killed Kenny!" bit), and some of his perverse remarks (which, again, how many of those can you have in a single episode?), those would get a bit old, and boring. I think I'd get pretty bored of it, but that's just me.
Brett14

Postby Brett14 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:12 pm

Wishful thinking....you make a good point i do beleive it would get pretty oldf they had kept it up in every episode but it just seemed like they had completely forgot about him even though he didn't play a big roll. But your speak the truth.
nofetty

Postby nofetty » Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:56 pm

take the hood off, I'm down with that..
drugs are bad, mm k
kylelover52610

Postby kylelover52610 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:28 pm

Well,I read an interview with Matt and he said himself that Kenny is a pretty pointless character. I mean, he was suprised that Kenny had so many fans, and this was a while back I believe. ^^;
I like Kenny, but he is not one of my top favorites.
JustKilledKenny11

Postby JustKilledKenny11 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:20 pm

Has anyone noticed Butters is sort of replacing kenny?. They've sort of been giving Butters a whole lot more attention, but instead of getting killed its his parents grounding/threatening to ground him. I'll be honest I believe Butters is coming into the original four (Eric,Stan,and Kyle)
DC182

Postby DC182 » Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:30 pm

Well Kenny was only a cool character cause he was poor, he kept dieing and knew alot of smart adult talk and such, there's not much a kid that has a hood on and cant be understood by the viewers properly can do...

...So I guess, yeah Kenny is slowly fading away and butters is coming into the spotlight.
[center]Image

SHIMMY SHIMMY COCOA PUFF![/center]
Tweak_Hammertime

Postby Tweak_Hammertime » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:07 pm

take the hood off, I'm down with that..

down like a clown, charlie brown?

In a way i like kenny the way he is, but then again sometimes you get those episodes where he's barely involved at all. In the episode super best friends he's doesnt really get noticed at all until after he's dead. and still you cant recognise him because he's bald like all the other kids.
Nicccceeeeee!!
We love you england, we do!
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:30 pm

I know a lot of people will disagree with me on this one but I think that Matt and Trey should just wipe out Kenny like they did in "Kenny Dies" exspecialy since he isn't doing much because last time they "permenantly" killed him of it opened up a whole new window to see some other charecters get large parts.

example 1: it started Butters' rise.

example 2: it created Proffesor Chaos and Genral Disray whitch gave Dougie a prominent role in the show.

example 3: it gave us a nice run of Tweek episodes.

So if they killed him off again they do any number of things with some long forgotten charecter like Pip.
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Brett14

Postby Brett14 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:21 am

Polymorph i do not disgree with you at all. You are completely right and have brought this to my attention. I do now realize that when they did (sorta) permanently kill kenny a lot of postive things happened and frankly i dont care much for kenny anymore. So yes that is in fact a brilliant idea...lets kill kenny!

Return to “Character Discussion”