Kenny? Now meaningless?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Infusions

Postby Infusions » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:41 pm

...Really, the way I see it now, Matt and Trey sometimes [Note, I said sometimes. I'm not 100% sure.] have a hard enough time thinking up of a plot for their characters in general.

Trying to think up of one for a character that you can't understand when he speaks more then two or three sentences fully and is hard to come up with jokes if he can't say anything [Since alot of their jokes consist of saying it.] is just adding to the difficulty.

So for right now, the writers and creators only use Kenny in episodes if they really, really need a fourth character for some stunt.

-Good Times With Weapons: Kenny threw the ninja star
-Return of Chef: Knocked a guy in the balls
-Ginger Kids: Got taken away by a ginger

Etc.
What's the difference between a 7-11 and a smurf?

A 7-11 is a 24-hour convenience store and a smurf is a small blue fictional cartoon character.
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:17 am

Yeah, exactly. M&T probably don't use Kenny as much simply because he is a difficult character to work into any plotline, due to how he can't pull off many jokes that require people to understand him. But why can't they just use captions for him, if they're not going to take his hood off? Didn't they use captions once? (I don't remember where, please tell me.) This is probably why he was killed off and replaced with Butters, because Butters could speak clearly and therefore could say funny stuff. However, people still really really like Kenny in the show, and therefore get pissed when he is just left out.

But what I'm really annoyed at is how Kenny is left out of roles that he could easily fill. Like in "Hell on Earth 2006", Kenny could have easily been with the other boys. Or in "Two Days Before", Kenny could have been with the other boys. That's what I'm saying.
-----
MrWonderful

Postby MrWonderful » Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:00 pm

nofetty wrote:take the hood off, I'm down with that..

What, are you daft?
"People never think anything is anything really. I'm getting goddam sick of it."
mekROME

Postby mekROME » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:52 pm

KENNY IS THE FOCUS POPINT OF THE SHOW

KENNY IS JESUS
meeek
mekROME

Postby mekROME » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:53 pm

sorry.....POINT,not popint!
meeek
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:20 am

*Whips out his spammer spray*
*sprays it all over mekROME*
*takes out another canister and sprays it in mekROME's eyes*

And what do you mean, is he daft? He's simply stating his opinion. If you think he's daft, please leave an intelligent post telling us why you think so. :) Even though the post you quoted may not have been so smart, you could try a little harder with your posts.
-----
mekROME

Postby mekROME » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:26 am

Aimsireil wrote:*Whips out his spammer spray*
*sprays it all over mekROME*
*takes out another canister and sprays it in mekROME's eyes*

And what do you mean, is he daft? He's simply stating his opinion. If you think he's daft, please leave an intelligent post telling us why you think so. :) Even though the post you quoted may not have been so smart, you could try a little harder with your posts.

Yeah dude....do you rember that there was a period during which kenny wasn't in the show?he was dead,isn't it?
so,when did he reborn??in the xmas episode!and what happened just a moment before he was reborn?jesus died!
then kenny doesn't die anymore but in certain occasions!
But the most inportant thing is that...it's just a point of view!
So you don't need to be so spectacular on your posts...so use the spammer spray in your little eyes!
meeek
Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:56 am

^ Is clearly using the Chewbacca Defense.
-----
nihil goodbud

Postby nihil goodbud » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 am

I guess you're all forgetting that Kenny appeared, uncoated, unobstructed face, and had a speaking role with clear words we could all hear. In The Jeffersons, Kenny pretends to be Blanket's double, only to be thrown into the ceiling, where of course, ohmigod, he died! (Also, we heard Mike Judge do his voice for the movie. There's already too much incontinuity to turn him into a permanent 'normal' character.)
"We're changing the world through the power of rock and roll whoooo!!!!!"
CartmansCuzzin

Postby CartmansCuzzin » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:54 pm

WHADUP AIM! LONG TIME NO CHAT...

Okay for 1 the first post on this page made the most sense to me (sorry I forgot your name, didn't pay much attention to it). Truthfully for some strange reason I do believe Kenny's role will be revived for the 11th season but from how things looked for him in last season's tragedy, it would be a miracle also.

I'm still suprised he's only been in half of last season which is only 7-8 episodes I believe and it annoys me terribly just thinking about it. I am at the point where I consider Ken as the "fifth" character now and I'm being a lil' nice about even giving him that role! I mean even when M&T do decide to draw him for an episode, he either says "yea" all the god damn time or nothing at all. And I never thought I'd live to witness this but Clyde & Craig receive more screen time then him?! Wow, that can't be...enough said. I guess Butters wasn't enough so now it seems as if the whole class are main points except Kenny.

Most of you think that it is so difficult to add him into the rotation and reward him with more roles but trust me folks it's really quite simple. I agree with the "release of the hood theory" and I agree with the "die in every episode again joke" but they really don't even have to take it to that extreme. The one thing that sperates Ken from the other boys (besides fading away & being poor) is that he's more female oriented and in the world of South Park that should be just what they need to remodeling Mr. McCormick's entire character, not only boosting the ratings because sex sells. Turn him into the biggest pervert (spell check) any sitcom has ever encountered.

As far as that "can't understand what he says complaint", that was never an issue back in the early SP days (seasons 1-5). Personally when it came down to the curses and sex sh*t, we heard him loud & clear! That's what makes him one of a kind and it sucks that the studio either doesn't notice that or they just lost interest in using Ken. (sigh)
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:26 pm

CartmansCuzzin wrote: Truthfully for some strange reason I do believe Kenny's role will be revived for the 11th season but from how things looked for him in last season's tragedy, it would be a miracle also.

Me too! I dunno, maybe my fangirlishness (I'm aware that that isn't a real word. XD) is getting the best of me, but I really do have this strong feeling that Kenny's gonna do something big in season 11.

...I base that assumption on absolutely nothing, of course. XD Ah, but it would be amazing if he could make a huge comeback in this upcoming season.

I'd better not get my hopes up now. As long as he does SOMETHING, I'll be somewhat content.

CartmansCuzzin wrote:As far as that "can't understand what he says complaint", that was never an issue back in the early SP days (seasons 1-5). Personally when it came down to the curses and sex sh*t, we heard him loud & clear! That's what makes him one of a kind and it sucks that the studio either doesn't notice that or they just lost interest in using Ken. (sigh)

I agree. So what if we can only understand him partially? The irony of it was that Kenny would go off on a long rant that was barely comprehensible, and yet the other characters would be able to understand him perfectly.

I dunno though...the way I see it, Kenny--

Nevermind. I don't really feel like going off on a rant right now. I'll save for when I'm in the mood to.

The point, though, is that Kenny isn't a meaningless character. He just needs to be developed more a lot more.

...For the record, Kenny is and always will be my favorite character no matter what. ;D
Kyle the Skeptic

Postby Kyle the Skeptic » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:00 am

I'm going to have to repeat what I've said in the Kenny thread, or wherever else this topic has come up. I often hear the excuse that Kenny is a difficult character to write good parts or come up with material for. Personally I'm not buying it. The reason this excuse makes no sense is precisely because of the fact that Kenny is actually the most versatile charcter on the show, by virtue of being underdeveloped and unused.

We know so little about him as it is that whatever direction he is taken in could feasibly work. Where some see a lost cause, I see great potential. The fact that Kenny has gotten the fewest roles of any major character means there's little chance that anything new that is done with him would conflict with what's already been done. Believe me when I say this. There are literally dozens of ideas revolving around him that could make viable episodes, and there is plenty of room for development of his character.

On a related topic, I've been following the Naruto fansubs on YT. I think it goes to show that a blond-haired, orange-coated, perverted kid, who never quits no matter what, can certainly hold his own in a starring role.
Kenny_Fox

Postby Kenny_Fox » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:00 pm

Kenny is my life, and no matter how much I love him, I have to agree. Kenny Just stands there! It would be great if the old times would pop up now and again. Mabybe people complained that it was getting old, but never thought of the TRUE South Park lovers who think it's the normal thing.
IT'S DOUGLAS THE DICKLESS HIPPO!!!!
Bubbles+Fox=BFF!!!
[[SP]]

Postby [[SP]] » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:35 pm

I agree. Old Kenny was awesome... but now...

BRING BACK BUTTERS
Capitalist Maim

Postby Capitalist Maim » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:56 pm

Kyle the Skeptic wrote:There are literally dozens of ideas revolving around him that could make viable episodes, and there is plenty of room for development of his character.

I agree here, a Kenny episode would be quite nice.

Return to “Character Discussion”