Kenny? Now meaningless?

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Capitalist Maim

Postby Capitalist Maim » Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:09 pm

They should keep him in, but saying that they should also do something cool with him. I just hope that Matt and Trey (if they ever bother browsing the forums) don't feel pressured by the fans and do something too big with Kenny and make it shite. Of course, they could turn that into a joke...
Kenny Power

Postby Kenny Power » Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:37 pm

It that episode they could've given Kenny a dodgey computer that when he turned on the button went weird electricuted him and sent him hurtling into a washing machine which ina freak accident turned on on its own and mangled Kenny... I mean how much better can you get!?
Bite me kenny!
Kennylover2000

Postby Kennylover2000 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:01 pm

Kenny must stay, but not die every episode anymore! I said, not EVERY episode, just in some episodes, if he died every episode again it's boring!

My conclusion: Kenny have to stay, and die some times, not too mutch, or ells it's gonna be boring!
Unhooded Kenny

Postby Unhooded Kenny » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:44 am

There's a possibility that Kenny will have somewhat of a role in the upcoming episode concerning head lice. Considering his house, his being poor and that he wears a hood all the time, he's probably the most likely candidate for head lice.
AssassinKenny

Postby AssassinKenny » Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:18 am

Kenny has seemed to take a backseat role lately. I don't like it
Athena1999 wrote:AssassinKenny, I officially love you.

sig by Mr.Hat DX27, and that is me in that sig
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:09 am

Doesn’t seem like his role is completely meaningless, what with Ep 11x03 and all...even if it was a negative role, at least Kenny was both de-parka’d and...well...we’ll leave it at that. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:53 am

Kenny's a lot less meaningless after tonight.
juggaloblaine

Postby juggaloblaine » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:46 pm

yayyy
.....What......
patrickov

Postby patrickov » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:49 pm

Hi all,
firstly, I'd like to report, I am a Butters fan. He is my single most favorite character. BUT I don't think he should be in "big four".
The ones supporting Butters replacing Kenny should think about what is the reason of forming "big four". It's their characteristics bringing them together. Any of them having small roles would not affect the placement -- in other words, they simply meant to be.

Butters and Tweek were simply out of shape when they were put with Stan, Kyle and Cartman, and that's the reason I don't like season 6. (Frankly I think Tweek is totally wasted because of this. Butters is more lucky)

Back to the main point, I also agree that Kenny is far too downplayed. But that's not Butters' fault.

Actually, Butters was not well-used, especially recently. Butters should interact with other three main characters more, especially, you guessed, Kenny (Kyle is too different from Butters so forget it). "Raisins" and "Good Times with Weapons" were both hilarious because the Butters / Stan or Kenny crossovers were really impressive. Pity that M&T didn't come up with better ideas.

IF I have to find a reason to justify the show boring (or to account for the diminished or bad use of whoever in question), it would probably be the number of main character was actually diminishing into ONE -- why didn't anybody concern that Cartman's already over starring? Season 11 has 4 episodes and 3 of them featured Cartman! (Well, that doesn't mean I hate Cartman in the show)
Thrawny

Postby Thrawny » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:41 pm

I am also obviously a Butters fan, and I don't support putting him back as one of the main four. I have said multiple times that the show has five main characters unofficially.

Your right that Kenny brings a certain balance two the group of 4, and that is being there in the background not saying much. Butters is still a main character outside the main group because he also brings balance to the show and has alot of re-curring themes surrounding his character.

As far as Cartman goes, he been a major part of just about 95% of all episodes since the start of the show. Season 10 had three episodes that pretty much starred Cartman exclusivly
--------------------

Thrawny
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:08 am

What do you mean, ‘now’ meaningless? He’s always been pretty devoid of any real significance, but only because he’s never been given enough airtime. When he actually gets to speak, he’s a pretty cool character, but he’s rarely given enough time before being ripped to threads by the world in general and eaten by wild rats. I think the show needs to give him some more lead roles, or take him out and shoot him.
thizzlefurly

Postby thizzlefurly » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:10 am

Kenny's character might have a come back if the editors capitalize on Kenny's impoverished life, negligent parents and his disturbing understanding of perverse subjects as in earlier broadcasts. But if we could just see another episode with Kenny being a central character and perhaps showing a different version of his personality, then he could definetely escape his state of obscurantism. I remember being quite attentative to the show whenever Kenny is briefly revealed or caught speaking. So a change in his disposition would be absolutely neccessary!
Thizz or Die!
KoRninator

Postby KoRninator » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:46 am

in my opinion, they should give im the ability to talk. a hood does not completely muffle the wearers voice. it doesnt muffle it at all. i even pulled it real tight and i could still speak perfectly. in almost every scene of south park it is stan kyle and cartman talking and kenny slently observing. kenny is the cool and he would be the best of the 4 if he could communicate
Ahh... Nothing like sitting on the enbankment with a cool beer in your hand, watching little Jonny the eternal optimist playing cheerfully on the train tracks, with the 2pm express rounding the bend in the distance...
EvanNJames

Postby EvanNJames » Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:48 am

I was aware of Kenny's lack of comment or even appearance by the end of the Tenth season, but it was certainly abstract to me and I didn't mind. Nowadays you find Cartman spending more of his time with Butters and not Kenny.

I think they should give an episode centered solely on him, where we can hear the thoughts in his head while mumbling to everyone else. He might actually turn out to be smarter than others, only he hides it behind his pervertedness... :lol:
All in a Day's Work...
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:21 am

Sure it's a pity that Kenny recently doesn't have as much influence on the show like he used to, but overall my enjoyment of the show hasn't gone down because of it. If Kenny gets more lines than usual or has an episode dedicated to him, good for his character then. If not, than that's cool too.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!

Return to “Character Discussion”