Kyle needs more episodes!!!!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cerisa_Roz

Re: Kyle needs more episodes!!!!

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:32 am

Kyle needs more episodes where he ISN'T just a foil to Cartman. I mean, look at tonight's episode. It seems that's his only role now. Sure, maybe it's the 'easiest' thing for him and the most 'popular' way, but really...

Look at the earlier seasons. Kyle and Cartman hated each other, sure, but there weren't SO MANY episodes dedicated to the Kyle vs. Cartman thing. But at the same time, the characters were a bit different. Cartman was more of a loudmouthed clueless idiot, and Kyle's considered by some to have been interchangeable with Stan back then (which I disagree with. And even now, they're still considered 'interchangeable' in ways)

Look at episodes like "Ike's Wee Wee" and "Hookey On Monkey Fonics". He had a bit of a good role in "Pink Eye" early on. Then you have "Mr.Hankey, The Christmas Poo".

"Jewbilee" was one of the few times we got Kenny and Kyle interacting. The Stan and Kyle friendship seemed to be stronger in earlier seasons than some of the later ones, too.

And though there was a Kyle vs. Cartman vibe in "Cherokee Hair Tampons" (well, a selfish Cartman vs. a sick Kyle), Stan had a meatier role there.

For season 5, we had "The Super Best Friends" (not necessarily a 'Kyle' episode, but he was there) and "The Entity".

Season 6 is where the Kyle vs. Cartman episode seeds seemed to be planted, with "Red Hot Catholic Love" for an example.

For 7, "It's Christmas In Canada" would be an example of an episode that wasn't overly dominated by the C vs. K thing (when compared to others from the season). It was there, but surrounded by other plots going.

"The Jeffersons" and "Free Willzyx" are other 'Kyle episode' examples I can give. "Mr.Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" COULD go as one, but it's my opinion that Kyle was used as a 'replacement Butters' there as a sort-of whipping boy.

For a Cartman vs. Kyle two-parter, "Cartoon Wars" was pretty good. "Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy" even gave us a TEAM-UP between the two, and we got to see more Ike.

"Fantastic Easter Special" was a more recent example with Stan and Kyle (before tonight's).

It irritates me when some act like Kyle's only purpose has been, and always will be, to be Cartman's foil and nothing but.

Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like had they gone through with killing Kyle back in season 5 :shock: It would've been something different, indeed.

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:40 pm

all that what you said is true.

Code:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
candies

Postby candies » Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:27 am

Cerisa_Roz wrote:Kyle needs more episodes where he ISN'T just a foil to Cartman. I mean, look at tonight's episode. It seems that's his only role now. Sure, maybe it's the 'easiest' thing for him and the most 'popular' way, but really...

Yea, He seems gotten some simplicity role.

Look at the earlier seasons. Kyle and Cartman hated each other, sure, but there weren't SO MANY episodes dedicated to the Kyle vs. Cartman thing. But at the same time, the characters were a bit different. Cartman was more of a loudmouthed clueless idiot, and Kyle's considered by some to have been interchangeable with Stan back then (which I disagree with. And even now, they're still considered 'interchangeable' in ways)
Kyle was more like a General Knowledge from the Third season. As for Cartman he were like the loud-mouth jerk and he still is--Kinda.
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:10 pm

yeah i noticed that. :shock:

Code:

Cerisa_Roz

Postby Cerisa_Roz » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:49 am

The difference with Cartman from then and now is that he got 'smarter' and more 'evil' over time. And he seemed to take Kenny's role of perversion too, but to quite an extreme.

Season 1-3 Cartman was PRETTY stupid. They had him seem to get 'smarter' though (not by much) up 'til around season 5, when he was able to pull off his Scott Tenorman plan. And every season after, we see more and more "CARTMAN CARTMAN CARTMAN" it's dizzy.

I can see why they do more Cartman vs. Kyle and general Cartman stuff, if only for the reason being they're so 'easy' to do like how Cartman and Butters episodes are (since they're opposites). But I think it's kinda limiting, myself.

As it looks like we won't get any "Kyle as Cartman's foil"-less episodes for the rest of this run (not really counting on it), we can hope for such things in season 12 and on, I guess.

Though I'd like to see Stan, or better yet, Stan and Kyle as a duo, get another episode before Kyle himself gets another solo one.

Postby 203177 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:24 pm

yeah i want to see stan and kyle get another episode together too.

Code:

Pip303

Postby Pip303 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:49 pm

Yeah Kyle's awesome and i deffinatly think he should have more episode's focusing on him and not just cause of Cartman trying to beat him at something. I think Trey and Matt think that Kyle isn't as popular as the other characters and thats why they don't make too many episodes on him which they're wrong, but yeah i think they should totally make more Kyle episodes.
Stan x Wendy for life!

Favorite Character- Kyle
Favorite Episode- The List
NIKXON

Postby NIKXON » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:32 pm

[quote="Pip303"]Yeah Kyle's awesome and i deffinatly think he should have more episode's focusing on him and not just cause of Cartman trying to beat him at something. I think Trey and Matt think that Kyle isn't as popular as the other characters and thats why they don't make too many episodes on him which they're wrong, but yeah i think they should totally make more Kyle episodes.[/quote '

CARTMAN IS COOL :D :D :D :D :D

Postby 203177 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:48 pm

i agree kyle needs his very own episode starring him which is just my opinion.

Code:

candies

Postby candies » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Kyle has gotten some additional roles on “Imagnationland Part Two” and “Imagnationland Part Three”. He still needs more episodes with less than that Cartman vs. Kyle extravaganza it isn’t enough of Kyle it’ll just showing too much Cartman’s manipulate towards him. I agree with 203177, Stan and Kyle should have an episode together as their friendship shows to everyone even the fan girls (I’m myself is also Kyle’s fan girl) 8) .
Xandir: And the important we are together, Draw toge--(Gets hit by the head)

Mr.Garrison: You go to Hell, You go to Hell and you die!
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:11 pm

Kyle has had some good roles in season 11 Imaginationland,Le Petit Tourette,Fantastic Easter Special,The snuke,Night of the living homeless all classics even if most of those where Kyle vs Cartman.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:19 pm

Kyle and Cartman are usually the main characters in the episodes. Kyle has a bigger role than Stan, so I disagree with this topic. I'd like to see more Stan based episodes personally.
Although I am a die-hard Kyle fan, I think Stan should have more air-time or maybe even Kenny.
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:31 pm

I totally agree. Kyle really needs more episodes, soon. He hasn't gotten much air time, except for Kyle/Cartman deals. He really needs to steal the spotlight for a few future episodes, or at least share it with his best buddy Stan. That's why I'm SUPER excited for Guitar Queer-O, because it sounds like an awesome Stan/Kyle episode, even though it does say, "Stan's superior skills on the video game damage his friendship with Kyle" they'll resolve it in the end. They always do, I mean, they're super best friends, why wouldn't they? But yeah, Kyle definitley needs his own episode soon.
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.

Postby 203177 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:16 am

yeah i noticed there's alot of cartman vs kyle but its good to know that stan and kyle are going to be in the spotlight for this episode.

Code:

jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:28 am

dude i totally love cartman vs kyle episodes!!!
i think cartman can bring out the best and the worst of kyle at the same time and thats always very fun to watch

but i sooooooo agree that kyle should have at least ONE episode all to himself, you guys are so right, even butters has his own episode, but kyle still doesnt have one :(

Return to “Character Discussion”