Stan Vs. Kyle

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

vexille

Postby vexille » Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:55 pm

Stan is a very dangerous person to provoke. It is only that dark, violent side of his personality is locked inside a shell of placidity that decieves many others into thinking him weak. If anyone remembers the primate fight scene from "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society", then they will know better than to question the toughness of someone whom destroyed all his rivals in less than thity seconds. In regards to combativeness, Stan is a sleeping dragon.
Calix Meus Enebriens "My Cup Makes Me Drunk"
SouthParkSoul

Re:

Postby SouthParkSoul » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:37 am

Shas'O Marsh wrote:A few people have pointed out that Kyle beat Cartman's ass: Well, that doesn't take much at all.

Stan fo' sure. It's always the kids who avoid fights who are usually the toughest, because when provoked, they fight the hardest.

Definitely. Stan would beat kyle down, and Kyle would act like he did at the beginnning of Passion of the Jew
Küssen Sie meinen Esel

Taking the Banner of the Holy Marsh! Death to the Vile Lard!
deeedoo

Re: Stan Vs. Kyle

Postby deeedoo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:23 pm

Kyle would definitely beat Stan. I know this because they would be fighting, and both of them would be half dead, but then Stan would make one of his "can't we all get along" speeches, and Kyle wouldn't realize that they were done fighting and knock Stan out.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:06 am

Unlikely. Kyle gets his anger out often, so he wouldn't have much in the tank to bring out in the fight. Stan? Stan doesn't get angry often, so when he gets into a fight he has deeper reserves of rage and emotion.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:32 am

It would be a draw. Have you all forgotten "Prehistoric Ice Man"? They fought long and hard over what to name the ice man, but got too tired to fight any further. They decided to make up and be best friends again.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
southparkthelegend

Postby southparkthelegend » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:38 am

They're Both Good Fighters, however kyle kicked cartman ass in tonil trouble but that was probly cause hes weak, stan is tough as much as kyle, so i'd say they're both as good as each other.
Favourite Character: Kyle&Stan
Favourite Episode: So Far, The List
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:45 pm

Big-Will wrote:It would be a draw. Have you all forgotten "Prehistoric Ice Man"? They fought long and hard over what to name the ice man, but got too tired to fight any further. They decided to make up and be best friends again.

That wasn't an all out fight. They held back. I don't consider a fight a fight until someone has broken noses or bones, or possibly if you can stand on top of a pile of your foes. For a better fight, one that shows more base emotion, see "Bebe's Boobs Destroy Society".
KYLEZ#1FAN

Postby KYLEZ#1FAN » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Big-Will wrote:It would be a draw. Have you all forgotten "Prehistoric Ice Man"? They fought long and hard over what to name the ice man, but got too tired to fight any further. They decided to make up and be best friends again.

Totally agree. They both seem to have a certain edge to their strengh, with Kyle always beating up Cartman and Stan being the football star (though that hasn't really been explored much, pretty much just BGABGBR). And to those of you who think that beating up Cartman is easy for anyone, look at Kyle. Then look at Cartman. Kicking someone who is about twice your weight's ass is pretty damn impressive in my eyes.

So yeah, draw. Like Kyle and Stan would ever fight anyway. They're SBF's! :) (Don't mind my fangirlishness, it doesn't escape the dark hole it lives in often.)
Known as IHeartKyle5266 on KyleFanClub.com!!

"I don't need you anymore!"
"I know. I need you."
^Kyle and Stan.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:13 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:I don't consider a fight a fight until someone has broken noses or bones, or possibly if you can stand on top of a pile of your foes.

You're thinking of a brawl there, buddih, and anything goes there. Anyone could have won that at any given time, as wrestling fans well know; it just happened to be Stan. Who knocked everyone out with a large bone. :P
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 pm

Considering factors, I'd say Stan.

Stan has more pent up anger which he could let lose and just go berserk.

Whether he's resistant to pain is another story, Stan seems to sustain some injuries and walks them off, Kyle is less injury prone therefore might react to pain differently.

Money's on Marsh.
SouthParkSoul

Postby SouthParkSoul » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:51 pm

After seeing Tonsil Trouble, I'm not so sure anymore. What position did they play on the football team?
Küssen Sie meinen Esel

Taking the Banner of the Holy Marsh! Death to the Vile Lard!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:31 am

Stan was the quarterback, Kyle was a Wide Receiver. When Stan was away trying to find Sparky, Kyle played some quarterback and did it terribly.
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:17 am

first, dude all the ones who say that stan has pent up anger, where on earth do you get that from?? just because he doesnt get angry as often as kyle doesnt mean he has it all piled up inside of him, some ppl are just more naturally peacefull and not prone to anger, doesnt mean he's gonna burst out in any second, he certainly doesnt look as though he has pent up anger

second, to the ppl who just posted to say they shouldnt fight cause they're best friends: duh! its just a fun thread dude, doesnt mean we want them to fight, but its fun to wonder

third, i think they would be pretty equal in a fight, thats what it seemed to me in prehistoric man and in general really
but if i had to choose one i would say kyle, he seems more used to fights, even if only with cartman who's a pussy he still is obviously more used to punching, and he also has a temper to reckon with, he can get really really mad, and he has a strong will and he seems to be of those ppl who wont give up
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:31 pm

I agree with Shane on the issue of the fight in Prehistoric ice man; stan and kyle wern't really going at it full pelt, and even if they were, it wouldn't mean didlly squat because the charactars have altered so much since those old season days. HOWEVER, i still believe kyle would be the winner of the fight. Why? Because Kyle has way more agression in him. He's far quicker to physically and verbally fight someone (all those figbhts with cartman), he's way more judgmental of people than stan (Closset episode) and he doesn't comprimise on anything for anyone. He would get angry first, and stan would hold back in a real fight, he'd be the only one really fighting, hence he'd win. If they DID both give it their all, from the begining, i'm not sure who would win, because we havn't really EVER seen stan putting all the effort he has into a fight. I think he has a better body, but kyle would probably fight dirtier (see how he fought cartman in Tonsil Trouble!). Kyle would i think, win, but it'd be a hollow victory, if he lost his best friend.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
CaptainCameron

Postby CaptainCameron » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:02 am

jewish pride wrote:first, dude all the ones who say that stan has pent up anger, where on earth do you get that from?? just because he doesnt get angry as often as kyle doesnt mean he has it all piled up inside of him, some ppl are just more naturally peacefull and not prone to anger, doesnt mean he's gonna burst out in any second, he certainly doesnt look as though he has pent up anger

second, to the ppl who just posted to say they shouldnt fight cause they're best friends: duh! its just a fun thread dude, doesnt mean we want them to fight, but its fun to wonder

third, i think they would be pretty equal in a fight, thats what it seemed to me in prehistoric man and in general really
but if i had to choose one i would say kyle, he seems more used to fights, even if only with cartman who's a pussy he still is obviously more used to punching, and he also has a temper to reckon with, he can get really really mad, and he has a strong will and he seems to be of those ppl who wont give up

We get this through analysis of the characters. Stan has been shown to be quite annoyed and angered by the world, yet doesn't blow up as often as Kyle. Anger and rage do not, contrary to popular belief, just vanish especially at that age. They build up and when they flow out it can be quite disturbing. We also never said it would happen at any second. You are confusing pent up anger with a loose cannon. Stan won't snap over sour milk, but if pushed hard enough he will. There are also other things to a fight other than punching- hell, I've been in a few fights and can count on one finger how many times punches have been thrown. Pens and pencils are used, choking is used, breaking of bones is common in an all out fight.

@Savior- Assume for future reference that both kids are going full tilt.
1- Being quick to anger and fight does not a good fighter make. Personal experience: I went to a new school my second year of high school- 2005 here on the boards. I won't bore you with every little detail, but this one kid who was normally okay was known to very quickly anger and fight over certain issues almost at random and on other days seemed to be fine with it. Well, let us say that after a while of joking about a certain subject and him giving no indication that he was offended(he played along), one day he snapped when I made a joke and we fought. He had been suspended twice that year and had gotten in a few more fights off school grounds- and had more or less won them all.
This fight ended in about six seconds, as I had vastly superior upper body strength. I grappled him, knocked him down, took away his ability to use his arms, and chocked him until I was dragged off. He had trouble breathing and walked away wobbling due to lack of oxygen.
And mind you, I wasn't even angry. If I was, I would have broken his ribs, broken his hands, broken his jaw, broke his nose, and generally f*cked him up.

Relation to this topic: Being quick to fight and anger doesn't have any bearing on your ability as a fighter, especially if all you fight are powderpuffs like Cartman.

2- Remember when Cartman and Kyle fought and cartman said time out or stop or I give up or something of that sort in cartoon wars p2? Well, what did Kyle do? he took the bait. Kyle may fight dirty, but he is vulnerable to it as well and this was his sworn enemy who he should never trust. If Stan believes fighting dirty will end a fight quickly, then he will do what anyone with a brain would do- he'd fight dirty.

I think Stan would win. Would it be easy? No. But I think the probability of Stan winning is higher than Kyle's.

Return to “Character Discussion”