why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Alexanderbrandt
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:03 am

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby Alexanderbrandt » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:44 am

As a straight guy who has a best friend relationship with another guy that is very close and completely platonic, let me just say that once you are that close with another guy, you'll start to get snickers. Even Stan's dad told him that he should hang out with other kids more, or people would start to think he and Kyle were "funny."

So eventually, guys this close do one of two things: drift apart, or get so used to being called homosexual, it becomes a running joke. In case you're wondering what I'm talking about, watch Matt and Trey's movie BASEketball. Towards the end, when they make up, Matt and Trey literally french kiss for a good ten seconds. This is an extreme example, but we all know Matt and Trey are not gay. The use of relationship terms like "I'm with Cartman burger now" or "I love you" are attempts at humor by Trey and Matt, who want to play off the idea that best friendships between guys are "bromances."

Then again, most of the Style shippers are probably girls, so its hard for them to understand guy's best-friend dynamics and the gay jokes that inevitably go with it. Guys who are secure in their sexuality will just learn to embrace it, as I believe Stan and Kyle have done.
starlitlight
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:29 am

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby starlitlight » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:26 pm

Male pregnancy is so fricken disgusting and wrong. These fangirls/boys are incessantly insane of picturing a boy being pregnant by another boy :parishilton: as a massive Stanman fan, I find that inappropriately vulgar, especially with South Park where one of the boys (Kyle mostly) ends up being a hermaphrodite and pregnant by Stan, Cartman or Kenny. Eww. I would never ever write a story of Stan being pregnant with Cartman love child, that would be unsuitable for my taste.
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
kylekennypiptweek
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:56 am

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby kylekennypiptweek » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:15 pm

People who like slash even a little bit are f*cking horrible and the stories are freakin' creepy! STAY WITH BOYXGIRL PAIRINGS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS F*CKING GAY!!!!!!
BTW I am a Kyndy fan (KylexWendy) And Kyle will ge a girlfriend like Angela(Matt's wife)
SO UP YOURS SLASH LOVERS!
Peace f*ckers :craig:
:tweek:
Cheerful misery with a best friend is better than eternal misery wherever else.

BEST CHARACTERS IN SOUTH PARK
1.Kyle
2.Kenny
3.Pip
4.Tweek
5.Butters
addictedtoblur314
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:50 am

kylekennypiptweek wrote:People who like slash even a little bit are f*cking horrible and the stories are freakin' creepy! STAY WITH BOYXGIRL PAIRINGS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS F*CKING GAY!!!!!!
BTW I am a Kyndy fan (KylexWendy) And Kyle will ge a girlfriend like Angela(Matt's wife)
SO UP YOURS SLASH LOVERS!
Peace f*ckers :craig:
:tweek:


Woah, calm down.

You may be offended by slash, but by calling slashers f*ckers, you dont seem very...um...open, i guess would be the word.

And kyle wouldnt date wendy, he wouldnt do that to his best friend, as he stated in follow that egg.

The smut is creepy, because they are underage (so i dont bitch about it, i just dont read it), but the fluff, like the one where they pretend get married (stan and kyle) is the most adorable thing ever because i remember doing that same thing at that age. I think it was called Of love and Marriage.


Do not call slashers horrible people, it just makes you seem like one of those fans, those close minded ones. No, i'm not saying everyone should like slash, but blowing up like that is not productive. I understand you have your opinions, but you flew off the handle on this one

How much do 10 year olds actually know about sexual orientation anyway? There are pairings that do not make sense, of course, but out of all of them, stan and kyle make the most sense.

I hate living in a heteronormative society. And butters is totally gay for cartman. Lol too bad butters is just gonna get hurt.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
kylekennypiptweek
Posts: 4427
Joined: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:56 am

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby kylekennypiptweek » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:22 pm

addictedtoblur314 wrote:
kylekennypiptweek wrote:People who like slash even a little bit are f*cking horrible and the stories are freakin' creepy! STAY WITH BOYXGIRL PAIRINGS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS F*CKING GAY!!!!!!
BTW I am a Kyndy fan (KylexWendy) And Kyle will ge a girlfriend like Angela(Matt's wife)
SO UP YOURS SLASH LOVERS!
Peace f*ckers :craig:
:tweek:


Woah, calm down.

You may be offended by slash, but by calling slashers f*ckers, you dont seem very...um...open, i guess would be the word.

And kyle wouldnt date wendy, he wouldnt do that to his best friend, as he stated in follow that egg.

The smut is creepy, because they are underage (so i dont bitch about it, i just dont read it), but the fluff, like the one where they pretend get married (stan and kyle) is the most adorable thing ever because i remember doing that same thing at that age. I think it was called Of love and Marriage.


Do not call slashers horrible people, it just makes you seem like one of those fans, those close minded ones. No, i'm not saying everyone should like slash, but blowing up like that is not productive. I understand you have your opinions, but you flew off the handle on this one

How much do 10 year olds actually know about sexual orientation anyway? There are pairings that do not make sense, of course, but out of all of them, stan and kyle make the most sense.

I hate living in a heteronormative society. And butters is totally gay for cartman. Lol too bad butters is just gonna get hurt.


Okay first I absolutly HATE gay people. I was raised that way. I know the possiblility of Kyle and Wendy dating is not huge or tiny. I can dream or believe what I want. I didn't mean to look like i was gonna kill someone I just wanted to state my opion. If I don't post like that people don't reply. So sorry for freaking you out, I just despise slash.
Peace Out People! :craig:
:tweek:
Cheerful misery with a best friend is better than eternal misery wherever else.

BEST CHARACTERS IN SOUTH PARK
1.Kyle
2.Kenny
3.Pip
4.Tweek
5.Butters
addictedtoblur314
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:14 pm

kylekennypiptweek wrote:
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
kylekennypiptweek wrote:People who like slash even a little bit are f*cking horrible and the stories are freakin' creepy! STAY WITH BOYXGIRL PAIRINGS PEOPLE!!!!!!!! NO ONE IS F*CKING GAY!!!!!!
BTW I am a Kyndy fan (KylexWendy) And Kyle will ge a girlfriend like Angela(Matt's wife)
SO UP YOURS SLASH LOVERS!
Peace f*ckers :craig:
:tweek:


Woah, calm down.

You may be offended by slash, but by calling slashers f*ckers, you dont seem very...um...open, i guess would be the word.

And kyle wouldnt date wendy, he wouldnt do that to his best friend, as he stated in follow that egg.

The smut is creepy, because they are underage (so i dont bitch about it, i just dont read it), but the fluff, like the one where they pretend get married (stan and kyle) is the most adorable thing ever because i remember doing that same thing at that age. I think it was called Of love and Marriage.


Do not call slashers horrible people, it just makes you seem like one of those fans, those close minded ones. No, i'm not saying everyone should like slash, but blowing up like that is not productive. I understand you have your opinions, but you flew off the handle on this one

How much do 10 year olds actually know about sexual orientation anyway? There are pairings that do not make sense, of course, but out of all of them, stan and kyle make the most sense.

I hate living in a heteronormative society. And butters is totally gay for cartman. Lol too bad butters is just gonna get hurt.


Okay first I absolutly HATE gay people. I was raised that way. I know the possiblility of Kyle and Wendy dating is not huge or tiny. I can dream or believe what I want. I didn't mean to look like i was gonna kill someone I just wanted to state my opion. If I don't post like that people don't reply. So sorry for freaking you out, I just despise slash.
Peace Out People! :craig:
:tweek:


oh...okay. Wow, okay.

You can believe what you want, and so can I. It is really the same basic thing, we can like (even if we arent seriously convinced, persay) slash in general, and you can like the het couples. I hate to tell you this, but the only difference between those who do like slash and those who dont like slash but still pair people together are the gender of those paired. We still like a romantic interest for the characters. Does that make sense?

Apparently those two people in ass burgers thought that kyle and wendy should get together too. Haha

And i've dealt with antislashers before, i just wanted to let you know that you probably overreacted (but shocking posts do get replies) (who knows, maybe u be trolololing)

Trust me, i was quite alarmed by what you said, but compared to what i've been told in other circumstances (aka, a while ago, this girl wanted me dead for a little thing that i even apologized for) your post was still shocking, but not the worst i've encountered. I'm rambling now. Guess I'll actually do homework now.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Alexanderbrandt
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:03 am

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby Alexanderbrandt » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:20 pm

kylekennypiptweek wrote:
Okay first I absolutly HATE gay people. I was raised that way...


Uh... As a side note, one of the main points of the South Park show is toleration towards people of all orientations, races, etc. I like to think South Park promotes TRUE equality, because it's an equal opportunity mocker. Frankly, I'm surprised you can genuinely enjoy South Park with all the homosexual references the show made if you truly hold such homophobic beliefs.

Secondly, the fact of the matter is, KKPT, it's not about your individual feelings towards homosexuals or homosexual literature - or any one person's feelings concerning it. You have as much right to those opinions as the people writing the literature in question have the right to theirs, and I would kindly suggest you take up a "Don't like, don't read" policy as I have.

I believe the true question of the matter is whether or not it is, in a sense, libelous to write homosexual literature about heterosexual characters (if they can even be described as that. Perhaps more disturbing is the fact they're 10.)
Unassumption
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby Unassumption » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:32 pm

Okay first I absolutly HATE gay people. I was raised that way

A bad reason to believe anything if you're post pubescent. You can believe the opposite of your parents - who are sometimes wrong by the way. Considering SP is one of the 'gayest' shows on TV, I echo Alexanderbrandt surprise that you can enjoy it.

libelous to write homosexual literature about heterosexual characters

They're not real people so libel doesn't apply. The show doesn't explicitly say they're not gay, death of the author even if it did. How is it even an insult?

Perhaps more disturbing is the fact they're 10

Most slash fics age them to late teens from what I've seen. The graphics in the show (which has had them engage in sexual acts, such as in 1102) are too ambiguous to really tell their age, and they act like adults so it's hard to tell from the show they're 10

I would kindly suggest you take up a "Don't like, don't read" policy as I have

And as the show has. Still doesn't mean you can't complain about something (as the show does) as long as you don't call for it to be banned outright.

The only problem I've got is there's so MANY slash fics - i'd like to see some comedy like the show or at least other kinds of drama. It's at the point where it goes without saying the characters are gay in a fic unless the fic tells you otherwise, which is odd.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Stanluv25
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:04 am

@ kylekennypiptweek- as everyone else stated, calm the f*ck down. We can ship whoever the hell we want. There is nothing wrong with shipping boy/boy if you support gays. I do so I for one support gay shipping in the show. Only problem is people overdo it and are not creative with the stories. I am so god damn sick of seeing nothing but slash when I search for a Stan and Kyle fic. I have to be the only one I've personally seen who writes friendships fics and drama fics. :roll:

And btw, as stated again, Kyle would never date Wendy. He told Stan that already in Follow that Egg so that ship is immediately out the window.

peace. 8)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
addictedtoblur314
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby addictedtoblur314 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:02 am

Stanluv25 wrote:@ kylekennypiptweek- as everyone else stated, calm the f*ck down. We can ship whoever the hell we want. There is nothing wrong with shipping boy/boy if you support gays. I do so I for one support gay shipping in the show. Only problem is people overdo it and are not creative with the stories. I am so god damn sick of seeing nothing but slash when I search for a Stan and Kyle fic. I have to be the only one I've personally seen who writes friendships fics and drama fics. :roll:

And btw, as stated again, Kyle would never date Wendy. He told Stan that already in Follow that Egg so that ship is immediately out the window.

peace. 8)


And it's a lot more likely that stan and kyle will date than kyle an wendy. HAHAHA. and yes, style stories are a very similar to each other, but there are some really really cute ones. Google 'of love and marriage fanfiction.net' and read it. The first chapter is when they pretend get married and i think it's the most adorable thing in the world.

and butters is totally gay for cartman, lol why cartman? all he does is manipulate him. Well, you cant help who you love. Love's just love

stanluv25, are you on ff.net? PM your username, if you are on ff.net. I dont write SP fanfiction, but i do like drama fics and friendship fics with a bit of romance.
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
starlitlight
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:29 am

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby starlitlight » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:49 am

No need to bash on gay people, kylekennypiptweek and we can support any pairing all we want to. 8)
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Lex182
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby Lex182 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:07 am

Every single fandom has slash pairings. Every. Single. One.

Many yaoi fangirls don't understand "bromance" between guys and automatically assume that they must be gay and in love. While I do think the creators "poke fun" at this fact by giving them some intimate moments with each other, it's primarily just a really good friendship. They both like girls and that has been made very clear in several episodes.

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests