why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

lollirot

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby lollirot » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 am

Gotta ask me let me put it this ways
:D :D :D
I'm sure most people in SP town are gay. I think it's a strictly gay community. In fact that is why I've always enjoyed this show so much. :lol: Oddly enough I never got the gaydar with Stan & Kyle, I don't have it with them. Not everyone IMV. But a vast percentage of the town I do. In show-time there are a few characters most recognized...Garrison & Mr.Slave & Sparky & Big Gay Al and a few that are mentioned quickly but forgotten, like Mr. Stotch, Jimbo & Fosse. There's characters that are far too obvious in actions, like Craig (okay maybe Craig IS considered by more of the #2 standard :P ).

This argument appears to be based upon the SP storyline and not whether Stan or Kyle or anyone else is "gay" and so the answer to that would be... YOU decide! YOU figure! You do know and even if you don't there's many secret messages and perplexions SP bring you to discover between the lines, like who is/may be gay/hetro-ways/bi/poly/asex and what else. SP is a bottle in a bottle message type of show. It's a two sided comedy/tragedy. A puzzle for a reason

It's also the type of story that brings fourth fanatical fan fables & illustrations of many genres. Not all of them are about love so if the love swing isn't your fling thing gather your own ideas and form your own stories and pictures.

Kay cut to the sh*t, man...my point is there's few facts in this show and infinite opinion. Let's agree to disagree. If you don't like that then get that dick out of your ear for f**k sakes.
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
George DT

Postby George DT » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:04 am

Well, guys usually like the idea of girls "interacting" between each other, right? So maybe is logical that some girls like the idea of "cute" male gay couples, but if the guys like the interaction itself between girls, maybe the girls prefer the "idea", the "feeling" of the relationship... hugs and kisses... stuff like that... they are romantic, aren't they?

I hate to find pictures or videos about this, I never see them... there is just so many of these (Not only about Soth Park, of course, there are about almost every franchise, usually in manga/anime style... I think it's called Yaoi or something).
Who the Hell Am I? Just Another Stupid Fan. Like You.
RRDRL

Postby RRDRL » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:37 am

I think neither stan nor kyle are gay. Cartman isnt gay, he just wants to make kyle suffer. and when he put butter's penis in his mouth, he did it because that fatass thought butters would turn gay. also, when they told him that made him gay, he panicked.

Postby 203177 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:40 am

i hate that i don't who came up with it but its just wrong.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:52 am

I seriously despite StanxKyle.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:43 am

You mean "despise"?

I wouldn't say people really think Stan and Kyle are gay, but people may get this notion from the fact that their friendship has demonstrated some unique characteristics that, at least I, don't typically associate with friendships among males.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:34 am

I think I can finally settle all of this... Because it's f*cking hot. There. The end.

Aw hell, I don't know. There are at least a dozen guy-friend relationships I can think of on TV that people can project gaydom on to where there really isn't any. But it's funny to think it anyway. :)
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:57 pm

stanishot wrote:but,they've been friends since pre-k,so one or more has to be gay or bisexual.

ok.....I've been best friends with a girl named Alex since 2nd grade, there's no bi or lez relashionship going on between us (or is there;) ) JK :lol:

look, let people think what they want to think, I think Stan is straighter than the straight way to a football game
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
King Of Canada

Postby King Of Canada » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:29 pm

evilcupcake72 wrote:
stanishot wrote:but,they've been friends since pre-k,so one or more has to be gay or bisexual.

ok.....I've been best friends with a girl named Alex since 2nd grade, there's no bi or lez relashionship going on between us (or is there;) )

I hope not.
Generation 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Jewish Pride 1

Postby Jewish Pride 1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:56 pm

I guess that, for some reason, people find a romantic love story more interesting than a friendship love story, or they don't get so much the meaning of true friendship.

If Stan and Kyle would hook up some time in the future, I'm sure they would make a cute couple, but so far there's no evidence whatsoever that they like each other as any more (or less) than friends, or that they like any other boys for that matter.

Kyle has liked Rebecca and Stan likes Wendy. I dont like getting all black and white about these matters (I'm with Trey, everyone's a little gay on the inside) but so far these boys lean towards the girls.
I like girls with big fat titties
I like girls with big vaginas

I am miracle123!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:40 am

Niels0827 wrote:You mean "despise"?

I wouldn't say people really think Stan and Kyle are gay, but people may get this notion from the fact that their friendship has demonstrated some unique characteristics that, at least I, don't typically associate with friendships among males.

We slept in the same bed for a time. That would be unusual, yet I think we can both assume that we're both straight.

The fact of the matter is that they are not gay. The majority of people who actually support this theory are artists who draw yaoi and see any male/male close friendships as being sexual, gay guys who see aspects of the characters in themselves, and extreme fangirls.

1- The artists generally draw it in anime style, and yaoi more or less dominates anime drawings. So this is just normal for them.
2- You can't blame gay guys for this; I'm a crossdresser and I can see aspects of Stan that could easily equal crossdressing. It is not true in either case, but it seems true to the person in question.
3- Extreme fangirls think almost anyone is gay.

There is absolutely nothing to support Style and unless the show changes something, there never will be. No one cares that people like it- there is some good slash stuff among all the crap- but I just charge in when someone starts saying that they ARE gay and whatnot.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
kylestanloveforever

Postby kylestanloveforever » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I LOVE Stan and Kyle! And i am not just a yaoi fan girl, i like straight couples to :) They make a good couple, theire personality match and yes, they also loock soooo cute!

Ok, Kyle liked Rebecca. ONE EPISODE. And Kyle and Bebe, do you even watch the clubhouse? Bebe had a crush on Kyle, but he dont like her back. And since Rebecca, Kyle never been with a girl.

Stan likes Wendy but Wendy don`t desserve him! Like that she dumped him for (RICH) Token? And have you watched "0 friends", Wendy is freaking evil....

Why do people always say "Stan and Kyle are bestfriends! Nothing more!" How the hell you know? Kyle just liked Rebecca, so its not sure he is hetro. And please, a lot of episodes hints to Style! And i think Stan is Bi, just that stupid Wendy would stay away... Youre guys that hate style is so homofob! :cartmansopissedrightnow:

And dont say it never gonna happend, because it is style hints! EX: "Stan, do you really think my hat is stupid? In matter in fact thats the nicest hat I ever knew." or "I dont need you anymore. I know, i need you." This is more romantic that friendly.

And you guys that says "Just bestfriends". Its something more.... Like Kenny and Cartman are best friends, Token and Clyde are best friends.- But its diffrent! Stan and Kyle have something, and i think them bouth have a crush (espacly Kyle) on the other, deep inside! STYLE BTW!^^ And alsow the Ron/Hermione ships (Harry Potter) have haters with "they are just friends, it never gonna happens! It happened! :-D Style is alsow one of the most realistic slash couple, so please dont be so homofob.

Sorry if i sound angry and sorry for my bad english :wink:
southparkaddicted24

Postby southparkaddicted24 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Hm, well, I don't know.
Personally, I didn't know about "slashes" until someone posted a rant about it. I was curious, so I clicked it and there it was. I read about how this person thought it was ridiculous for people to support "Style", and I was like "Wtf people think Stan and Kyle are gay?" and I responded, saying I was on their side.
But then, I just was fine with the idea. Either way, I really didn't care.
And then I read "Stan's answer", a short, one-chapter fan fiction about Stan and Kyle. It was great, to be honest. One of the best things I've ever read.

I think the main reason "slash" exists is because, well, we've seen straight couples on our TV shows before. And when gay couples came...well, mostly, they just seemed to always have a healthier outcome in the end.
You have to admit, IF - and I'm saying if - Stan and Kyle ever became a couple, it would be a lot less dramatic then the whole "Stendy" thing.
(Though, I'm not trying to categorizing. Personally, I love Stan and Wendy as a couple.)

All in all, people each have their own opinions. It's called right to free speech. I don't feel too strongly about it either way. Gay, bi, whatever the characters are, it's still a great show. So why try to argue about it?
R.I.P. Pip 4/21/10.
DAMN YOU MECHA STREISAND! You're not supposed to kill off anyone but Kenny, you bastard! I'm gonna miss that English, man.

Tina: You want a pretzel?
Artie: HELL yes woman! - Glee

Samm & Mo rock.
5/18/10
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:49 am

kylestanloveforever wrote:I LOVE Stan and Kyle! And i am not just a yaoi fan girl, i like straight couples to :) They make a good couple, theire personality match and yes, they also loock soooo cute!

Good for your opinion.

kylestanloveforever wrote:Ok, Kyle liked Rebecca. ONE EPISODE. And Kyle and Bebe, do you even watch the clubhouse? Bebe had a crush on Kyle, but he dont like her back. And since Rebecca, Kyle never been with a girl.

He acts like most boys his age, so this does not aid your case.

kylestanloveforever wrote:Stan likes Wendy but Wendy don`t desserve him! Like that she dumped him for (RICH) Token? And have you watched "0 friends", Wendy is freaking evil....

Says nothing about his sexuality, does not aid your case.

kylestanloveforever wrote:Why do people always say "Stan and Kyle are bestfriends! Nothing more!" How the hell you know? Kyle just liked Rebecca, so its not sure he is hetro.

Most boys at that age like either 0-1 girls in their life, this does not help your case.

kylestanloveforever wrote:And please, a lot of episodes hints to Style! And i think Stan is Bi, just that stupid Wendy would stay away... Youre guys that hate style is so homofob! :cartmansopissedrightnow:

Two things:
1- You don't have any real point here.
2- Call people homophobic as a generality again. I dare you.

kylestanloveforever wrote:And dont say it never gonna happend, because it is style hints! EX: "Stan, do you really think my hat is stupid? In matter in fact thats the nicest hat I ever knew." or "I dont need you anymore. I know, i need you." This is more romantic that friendly.

I literally rolled on the f*cking ground here. Seriously, I did. I love it when females look into how male friendships work and act as if they know anything about them. I've said things like this before. I've heard other guys say it. To a man, those I know who have said it are heterosexual. So, umm, try again?

kylestanloveforever wrote:And you guys that says "Just bestfriends". Its something more.... Like Kenny and Cartman are best friends, Token and Clyde are best friends.- But its diffrent! Stan and Kyle have something, and i think them bouth have a crush (espacly Kyle) on the other, deep inside! STYLE BTW!Style is alsow one of the most realistic slash couple, so please dont be so homofob.

How is it something more? Do you actually have anything to back up your assertions, or do you look for things to validate your beliefs? Really, it annoys me very deeply when people say that there is something more than being best friends. Plus, people go like, 'well teh people her b bff 2 so compairerere'.

Very bad idea. Cartman and Kenny still fight and often don't get along at all in any way and we don't see enough of the Clyde/Token friendship to make a judgment. It is like how this one guy thought he saw a running zombie because it moved across the screen fast; the zombie was literally taking up the camera with his head, so any movement seems fast. We see a lot of Stan/Kyle, so we know how they work. We don't see a lot of the other actual friendships, so comparing them is not a good idea.

And I wasn't angry with most of your post until you started tossing around calling people homophobic. That is idiotic and if you expect to be involved in a debate, you better learn to not generalize beliefs.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
IKyman

Postby IKyman » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:59 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:
kylestanloveforever wrote:I LOVE Stan and Kyle! And i am not just a yaoi fan girl, i like straight couples to :) They make a good couple, theire personality match and yes, they also loock soooo cute!

Good for your opinion.

kylestanloveforever wrote:Ok, Kyle liked Rebecca. ONE EPISODE. And Kyle and Bebe, do you even watch the clubhouse? Bebe had a crush on Kyle, but he dont like her back. And since Rebecca, Kyle never been with a girl.

He acts like most boys his age, so this does not aid your case.

kylestanloveforever wrote:Stan likes Wendy but Wendy don`t desserve him! Like that she dumped him for (RICH) Token? And have you watched "0 friends", Wendy is freaking evil....

Says nothing about his sexuality, does not aid your case.

kylestanloveforever wrote:Why do people always say "Stan and Kyle are bestfriends! Nothing more!" How the hell you know? Kyle just liked Rebecca, so its not sure he is hetro.

Most boys at that age like either 0-1 girls in their life, this does not help your case.

kylestanloveforever wrote:And please, a lot of episodes hints to Style! And i think Stan is Bi, just that stupid Wendy would stay away... Youre guys that hate style is so homofob! :cartmansopissedrightnow:

Two things:
1- You don't have any real point here.
2- Call people homophobic as a generality again. I dare you.

kylestanloveforever wrote:And dont say it never gonna happend, because it is style hints! EX: "Stan, do you really think my hat is stupid? In matter in fact thats the nicest hat I ever knew." or "I dont need you anymore. I know, i need you." This is more romantic that friendly.

I literally rolled on the f*cking ground here. Seriously, I did. I love it when females look into how male friendships work and act as if they know anything about them. I've said things like this before. I've heard other guys say it. To a man, those I know who have said it are heterosexual. So, umm, try again?

kylestanloveforever wrote:And you guys that says "Just bestfriends". Its something more.... Like Kenny and Cartman are best friends, Token and Clyde are best friends.- But its diffrent! Stan and Kyle have something, and i think them bouth have a crush (espacly Kyle) on the other, deep inside! STYLE BTW!Style is alsow one of the most realistic slash couple, so please dont be so homofob.

How is it something more? Do you actually have anything to back up your assertions, or do you look for things to validate your beliefs? Really, it annoys me very deeply when people say that there is something more than being best friends. Plus, people go like, 'well teh people her b bff 2 so compairerere'.

Very bad idea. Cartman and Kenny still fight and often don't get along at all in any way and we don't see enough of the Clyde/Token friendship to make a judgment. It is like how this one guy thought he saw a running zombie because it moved across the screen fast; the zombie was literally taking up the camera with his head, so any movement seems fast. We see a lot of Stan/Kyle, so we know how they work. We don't see a lot of the other actual friendships, so comparing them is not a good idea.

And I wasn't angry with most of your post until you started tossing around calling people homophobic. That is idiotic and if you expect to be involved in a debate, you better learn to not generalize beliefs.

Good point there, Shane, good point.

Return to “Character Discussion”