why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

ShaneHaughey

Re: why the f*ck do people think stan and kyle are gay

Postby ShaneHaughey » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:08 am

Nice that you agree, Hockey.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
07hockey01

Postby 07hockey01 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:20 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Nice that you agree, Hockey.

Thanks. People who love South Park all know well that Stan and Kyles friendship is (for the most part) based off of Matt and Treys. They show what openness is when you have a real friend and not just some wannabe douchebag. :unhoodedkenny:
Brandonhp

Postby Brandonhp » Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:55 pm

Maybe Cause in the episodes you see Kyle and Stan hanging out to getter all the time .
07hockey01

Postby 07hockey01 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:55 am

they hang out because they are BFF's and completley comfrotable with eachother yet showing no sexual intrest.
kylesgf0526

Postby kylesgf0526 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:47 pm

i have a pic of stan and kyle as my ipod wallpaper, nd its not gay, its just both of them giving the finger and smiling. the pic is called best friends. which is exactly what they are. theyre obviously not gay, and its pretty sad how some people interpret their friendship as gay behavior. they just dont like girls that much yet, because they are 9, duh. well actually stan is 10, he turned ten on whale whores. and kyles b-day is on a wednesday this year, thre might be be an episode about that....
but what im trying to say is, theyre not homo, or bi. theyre 4th graders

i <3 kyle......:)
Hydroleaf

Postby Hydroleaf » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:50 am

Stan and Kyle are not gay in canon, and according to an older FAQ that was responded to, none of the boys are gay. The reason many South Park fans, especially fangirls, love StYle is because they see much ho yay between the two. What is ho yay, you ask? It's those moments that make characters look gay. Stan and Kyle, being best friends and all, can easily obtain ho yay moments and scenarios, like guitar queer-o. Stan and Kyle stand next to each other and hang out together more. Some characters have even pointed out their close friendship, like Cartman near the end of super best friends.

It doesn't help that people manipulate scenes and characters to make them seem more gay, like how some fans bash Wendy for coming between Stan and Kyle's relationship and not deserving Stan or include the fact that they both admit that they love each other while in a tight embrace as a blatant sign that they are more than platonic friends or point out how Kyle hasn't had a true female love interest since Rebecca. You can believe the hints and opinions, but facts are still facts. Stan's with Wendy, Kyle and Stan are close friends, and no episode has truly shown an obvious sign of Stan and Kyle being homosexuals. They aren't gay, but people think they're so cute and have so much ho yay that they change it to "They are not not gay." or "They are not gay yet." Heck, even I at one point loved StYle, but now I love their platonic relationship. They totally aren't gay, though. ...unless Matt & Trey decide for them to be. :lol:
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:21 pm

I swear that Trey once said that Stan will probably turn out gay...
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:44 am

I know Stan and Kyle are not gay. For me, I will always say this: they have many many moments between them that show they are indeed best friends for life. Stan seems as if he may even need Kyle more than Kyle needs him. But I don't see the problem in making them gay if they are already so close. It wouldn't take much to push that over just a little bit. It is easy to use examples in the show and say they did it because they were gay. But I know that is not true. It's just easy to pretend it is.

In short, I know Stan and Kyle are best friends and not gay for each other. But for those who are really obsessed with boy/boy relationships, I don't know if they think this or not. I sure hope so...

:o
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:19 pm

Honestly I think Kenny is the only 1 of the 4 who is not gay or bi.

Oh well. Come on show some love :)
http://www.picdo.net/fichiers/2010/12/2 ... 373d_a.jpg
Stan and Kyle :)
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:53 pm

I find their relationship pretty ambiguous.
In the cartoon they're known as best friends right now.
Ok, I know people will yell at me _which is completely normal since I'm the only one who says that huh_ but some facts can make us think that.

Indeed, there're some hidden messages in this series...
We can also notice that TnM like making gay main characters in their films (refered to BASKETBall) and discuss this subject. No idea about their musical, but it will perhaps be the case too...
In an interview, if I can permit myself, Trey said that the kid the most likely to grow up gay is Stan... According to the seasons, they're growing... mostly mentally, and Stan is less with Wendy.
We can also notice that, example, in Guitar Queer-O (Queer which has several meanings), around the end, there's a love song at the background...

In some pictures, if you look very carefully, there're some gay elements which appear easily between Kyle and Stan. On top of that, Trey and Matt had to make each moment of the show, seconde by seconde... so they are conscious of what they're doing and what people might think (example in "Quintuplets 2000" where Stan fell accidentally on top of Kyle, and also in "Two guys naked in a hotub" or smg like that where Randy told Stan what people might think about his relationship with Kyle)

To come back about TnM, did you know that Trey was a little gay? (that's so obvious, that's why he said that Stan would be probably the most likely to be gay..)

And about the FAQ, they aren't always right... I've read some archives... They answered to someone that Liane Cartman was hermaphrodite and that she was so Eric's father and mother; Yet, now we know it's wrong.
Everything changes.

But anyway, if Kyle and Stan were gay, another problem would put up: what would think viewers about that? Disappointed? Less viewers? More viewers? It could be an important point for the TV show's future.

So what to do to imagine what could happen in the next season? Probably reading the next interviews and seeing their musical to know more their current point of view, their state of mind and guess what might happen... :roll:

I can also notice that psychologically, most of opinions are influenced by other ones...
If people don't dare to give their opinion, this is just because they're too afraid of being contradicted.
I confess that I also hesitated to write that, but anyway it's always important to express themself.

I can just give you an advice: don't be too obsessed by that... :/
If they are, they are, and if they aren't, they aren't.

Yeah, must surprise people to see 2boys together 'cause it's so rare, and the most usual case is the couple made of one girl and one boy.

There's also the fact that they're children.
True, they're... and they're even more mature than before. haven't you noticed that they often thought as adults? Jimmy has already made love with a woman, Bradley has been in love with Butters, and Ike has made love with his teacher, so everything is possible.

I confess that anyway it'd be pretty cute to see Kyle and Stan together, but right now, we don't have any proof and we can just say that they're "best friends".

Trey and Matt are the only ones who can choose their characters' destinity.
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:35 pm

First off, I'm going to point out that not all, but most Style fans are female.

I think from there it just comes down to gender differences. Females and males express friendship and love in different ways. It's common for sensitive boys or tough girls in reality to be seen as "gay" because people liken it to the opposite gender. I think it just comes down to this kind of confusion - Stan and Kyle's friendship is very close, far more so than early seasons. I think it comes down to the confusion of seeing two sensitive guys who are close. Especially in the last few seasons which have had a lot of ho yay for humor purposes.

This isn't true in all cases - there's those out there with their own reasons. I personally don't support Style in any way, shape or form.

Now if you want some gay kids in South Park.

(Heheh, this thread's gay.)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:06 pm

lol the doll. :lol:
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:08 pm

I'm a male Style fan. 7 years going strong :)
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:21 pm

kfgg wrote:I'm a male Style fan. 7 years going strong :)

So is a friend at school. He's into that for several months!! :mrgreen:
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 pm

^awesome

Return to “Character Discussion”