MYSTERION revealed!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

robosoldier
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 1:20 am

MYSTERION revealed!

Postby robosoldier » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:50 am

I've watched this episode several times and I have concluded that Mysterion must be Kenny. It only makes sense. Just watch but imagine Kenny in Mysterion's shoes.
Morgueanna
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:08 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby Morgueanna » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:28 pm

I thought it was Stan. It just seemed more like him.
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
spook18
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:36 am

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby spook18 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:40 am

obviously clyde or craig is mysterion...
novemberm00n24
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 am

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby novemberm00n24 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:57 am

I don't think it's anyone inparticular... That was kind of the joke on us... He could be whoever you want him to be (or she, as Wendy pointed out!!! I'm not sure that Matt and Trey even know who it is...

Butter's (Profesor Chaos') list of Suspects:

Kyle - Can't be, visited by Mysterion
Tweek - To much pressure

Final Suspects:

Stan
Clyde
Craig
Kevin
Kenny
Jason

My Suspects:

(1) Jason. < My official guess. (sneaking suspicion)http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/221729
(2) Stan - (Mysterion visited Kyle, I would think only Stan would do that, but maybe that was thrown in to throw us off.)
(3) Clyde - sound like Clyde... ?
Sex, South Park, and Rock n Roll
Timmay94
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby Timmay94 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:36 pm

He has kind of a nasal voice like Clyde or Craig, and Clyde was sleeping during class during Cartman's presentation. Of course we've only heard Jason talk like, once, so who knows.
Jos Ballenbak
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby Jos Ballenbak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:14 am

Mysterion is CLYDE!!!

When Cartman has his presentation Clyde is asleep.... why whould Clyde be the only one asleep?? Ok maybe everyone is drowzy but Clyde is the only one fast asleep because of his work as a vigilante at night. It is also put to extra attention by trying to wake him up.

In the scene on the rooftop, Mysterion lets the Coon ask him all his questions even touching him, but when The Coon starts talking about his suspicion of Clyde he suddenly ends the conversation and runs away.... very suspicious.

Also if you put all the 4th graders together there are only a few who don't have facial details:

Craig: who is probably the laziest guy in South Park so he wouldn't be Mysterion (it's too much work)
Token: He is Black and Mysterion is white.
Pip: pfff Mysterion doesn't have a stupid french accent.
Tweek: Mysterion is very calm in the episode so no.
Kenny: Kenny would probably be too poor to afford the clothes Mysterion has. (he has however a chance to be Mysterion, I just think he isn't suitable because his parents themselves will probably steal by now due to the financial crisis).
A bunch of unnamed guys: They would never let an unnamed boy be Mysterion he is too cool for that.
AND CLYDE!!

Clyde wants to be popular, he hates Cartman and he is MYSTERION !!!! I have thought this over a couple of times,

plz comment and give me your thoughts on this!
Clyde = Mysterion!
VivaSP
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby VivaSP » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:25 am

Very good reasoning. I am almost convinced now that it is Clyde. What about Stan though?



Jos Ballenbak wrote:Mysterion is CLYDE!!!

When Cartman has his presentation Clyde is asleep.... why whould Clyde be the only one asleep?? Ok maybe everyone is drowzy but Clyde is the only one fast asleep because of his work as a vigilante at night. It is also put to extra attention by trying to wake him up.

In the scene on the rooftop, Mysterion lets the Coon ask him all his questions even touching him, but when The Coon starts talking about his suspicion of Clyde he suddenly ends the conversation and runs away.... very suspicious.

Also if you put all the 4th graders together there are only a few who don't have facial details:

Craig: who is probably the laziest guy in South Park so he wouldn't be Mysterion (it's too much work)
Token: He is Black and Mysterion is white.
Pip: pfff Mysterion doesn't have a stupid french accent.
Tweek: Mysterion is very calm in the episode so no.
Kenny: Kenny would probably be too poor to afford the clothes Mysterion has. (he has however a chance to be Mysterion, I just think he isn't suitable because his parents themselves will probably steal by now due to the financial crisis).
A bunch of unnamed guys: They would never let an unnamed boy be Mysterion he is too cool for that.
AND CLYDE!!

Clyde wants to be popular, he hates Cartman and he is MYSTERION !!!! I have thought this over a couple of times,

plz comment and give me your thoughts on this!
"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while and do whatever you want all the time, you could miss it." - Cartman
Jos Ballenbak
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby Jos Ballenbak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:34 am

Also after seeing the episode one more time

on the wall Clyde's name is on it without a cross.
Others are:

Kyle: as said before ruled out because of Mysterions visit.
Tweek: discussed before, Mysterion is too calm.
Stan: Possible (he does learn something at the end)
Clyde: possible (ITS HIM)
Craig: Possible but Craig is too lazy
Kevin: Possible but maybe too unfamiliar in the series.
Kenny:Possible (but he is poor and so is his family, Batman came from a wealthy family)
Jason: Same as Kevin ( and his hair wouldn't fit)

When Mysterion reveals himself, The Coon also says he said it before, that means that Kenny, Jason, Kevin, Tweek and Stan are ruled out. They are not Mysterion. We also know that Kyle was visited so he is out too. Only possibilities are CLYDE AND CRAIG!!!

Put those 2 next to each other and you will have to agree that Clyde is the most suitable one!
Clyde = Mysterion!
VivaSP
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:15 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby VivaSP » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:45 am

Good work, Jos. I think you are correct! :D
"Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while and do whatever you want all the time, you could miss it." - Cartman
novemberm00n24
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 am

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby novemberm00n24 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 am

Jos Ballenbak wrote:Also after seeing the episode one more time

on the wall Clyde's name is on it without a cross.
Others are:

Kyle: as said before ruled out because of Mysterions visit.
Tweek: discussed before, Mysterion is too calm.
Stan: Possible (he does learn something at the end)
Clyde: possible (ITS HIM)
Craig: Possible but Craig is too lazy
Kevin: Possible but maybe too unfamiliar in the series.
Kenny:Possible (but he is poor and so is his family, Batman came from a wealthy family)
Jason: Same as Kevin ( and his hair wouldn't fit)

When Mysterion reveals himself, The Coon also says he said it before, that means that Kenny, Jason, Kevin, Tweek and Stan are ruled out. They are not Mysterion. We also know that Kyle was visited so he is out too. Only possibilities are CLYDE AND CRAIG!!!

Put those 2 next to each other and you will have to agree that Clyde is the most suitable one!


I think you're ruling out possibilities with not nearly enough resoning.... It could still be any of the following:

Stan
Clyde
Craig
Kevin
Kenny
Jason

In fact "Kevin" is the only one on this list that hasn't been guessed to be Mysterion, and it could very well be him... Like I said before though... It could be whoever you want it to be, because they don't acually come out and tell us who it is...
Sex, South Park, and Rock n Roll
Jos Ballenbak
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby Jos Ballenbak » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:27 pm

novemberm00n24 wrote:I think you're ruling out possibilities with not nearly enough resoning.... It could still be any of the following:

Stan
Clyde
Craig
Kevin
Kenny
Jason

In fact "Kevin" is the only one on this list that hasn't been guessed to be Mysterion, and it could very well be him... Like I said before though... It could be whoever you want it to be, because they don't acually come out and tell us who it is...


Well in the clip you have posted on the thread Stans hands are being smelled by Cartman and Clyde is carrying a science book. Now i don't want to sound like I want to make Clyde Mysterion. But Stan is obviously not Mysterion as his hands are being smelled for traces of some fireworks smell.
In the clip I also do not see anything that could relate Jason or Kevin to Mysterion, but maybe this is what you want to say. They are the only unrelated people to Mysterion
Kevin is one of those characters who could be anyone or a nobody, because we don't know Jason or Kevin, Matt and Trey could easily use them for every unknown character there is. It's just that when I think of Mysterion the cool crime fighting cartman raping superhero I just don't think they would make him an unknown character. Same goes for Kevin.

When Mysterion reveals himself in front of the crowd Cartman shouts that he knew it was him and that he said it before. This could be seen as the ending joke, but I think its a hint from the creators to guess Mysterions identity. As I said before with that thought in my head Clyde and Craig are the only ones that are possible, if you take the wall from Professor Chaos and Cartmans "I said it before" into consideration. During the whole episode there are more hints towards Clyde then Craig.

This is why I think that Clyde is Mysterion.

If you think he is not mysterion or want to add something to my theory plz post as it will only encourage a more in depth conversation about the true identity of MYSTERION!!!! :D
Clyde = Mysterion!
novemberm00n24
Posts: 292
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:30 am

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby novemberm00n24 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:18 am

Jos Ballenbak wrote:
novemberm00n24 wrote:

When Mysterion reveals himself in front of the crowd Cartman shouts that he knew it was him and that he said it before. This could be seen as the ending joke, but I think its a hint from the creators to guess Mysterions identity. As I said before with that thought in my head Clyde and Craig are the only ones that are possible, if you take the wall from Professor Chaos and Cartmans "I said it before" into consideration. During the whole episode there are more hints towards Clyde then Craig.



This is true... But, if you look at the "fishsticks" episode... You can't count on what Cartman remembers to be true... because he remembers what he wants to rememeber...

Anyways... You have some good points... I'm not saying that it's not Clyde, because it very well could be (that was one of my 3 final guesses.) but, I'm saying, you still can't be sure. (100%)

1. Because every boy charactor's face looks the same (except Cartman, Token, Jimmy, and Timmy...

2. The voice is desguised...

3. And (this is just an opinion) - The clues to his identity were put in to trow us (the viewers) off...
Sex, South Park, and Rock n Roll
Jos Ballenbak
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:59 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby Jos Ballenbak » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Yeah you are right about the fact that Cartman remembers what he wants to remember, but what we see in the episode isn't some flashback with Jew Bots. We were there when Cartman said all those names.
Clyde = Mysterion!
Timmay94
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby Timmay94 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:24 pm

Jos you're probably right about it being Clyde, but it could very well be someone else, too. Looking at the evidence:
He said at the end that he was right and that he even mentioned it before. He only directly accuses Craig, Kyle, Stan, Clyde, Kenny, and maybe Wendy. But we know it cant be Kyle because he met Mysterion face to face. And, Kenny is probably too poor to be able to get a costume like that, but you never know. He somehow afforded a PSP in Season 9.
George DT
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:50 pm

Re: MYSTERION revealed!

Postby George DT » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:30 am

The exact line is "I knew it was you! 'Member I even said it before!". Did he said during the episode, literally, that he know who Mysterion was? Probably. He could also be liying to sound inteligent to the people, now that he is the only superhero; I don't think that Mysterion would care about that at that point neither. So as far as I see it, it could be anyone, that's the idea.

You say Stan is not Mysterion because his hands doesn`t smell bad. Is he wearing the same gloves that Mysterion used with the fireworks? Doesn't his uncle Jimbo sell fireworks as is showed in "Summer Sucks"? But if you say that Stan is Mysterion because he said that "he THINKS Kyle is the smartest kid in class", shouldn't he said that "he KNOWS Kyle is the smartest kid in class", because they are best friends? You say is not Kenny because he is poor, I think that's going too fast, if he could buy a PSP and had a WOW acount, why not make a simple costume? Couldn't be a funny inside joke that Mysterion "resurrected" like Kenny has donne during the whole show? Couldn't it be the ultimate way to show (And at the same time, not show) Kenny's face by not showing his hair and changing his voice, but showing his generic face? And if you scratch Kenny for being poor, Craig for being lazy, and Kevin and Jason for being background characters, why not scratch Clyde for being fat, pussy and stupid? If you also say that Mysterion is Clyde because he was asleep in class maybe because of his work as vigilante at night, why not say that Mysterion was Stan or Kenny or Rebecca, who were awaken listeing to Cartman, getting the idea of being a vigilante and knowing where the Coon will be that night? Isn't possible that Wendy was Mysterion because she didn't appear in the next episode maybe because she was on jail? Didn't Cartman mention both Stan and Clyde in the same line before Mysterion decided to get out? Couldn't be the Mysterion and Kyle conversation taking place inside Kyle's mind, and so Kyle is the real Mysterion? But there is a moment in wich Mysterion says he/she has lived in South Park all his/her live, and previous episodes indicated that Kyle's family moved to South Park 5 or 6 years ago; why give two clues to show us that Kyle is not mysterion? And most important of all, why so fr**king serious?

It could be anyone; but if you ask me, like in the movie "Batman: the Mystery of Batwoman" (SPOILERS ALERT) there could be more than one boy taking the place of Mysterion, maybe both Kenny and Stan...
Who the Hell Am I? Just Another Stupid Fan. Like You.

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest