Kenny Unhooded

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

scht101

Kenny Unhooded

Postby scht101 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Do you think South Park should show Kenny unhooded more often?

I think so, and I think Kenny should go with and without the hood. :unhoodedkenny:

It's also cool to hear him speak unmuffled.

What do you think?
dangerousdave

Re: Kenny Unhooded

Postby dangerousdave » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 pm

I absolutely agree. Other than that, it makes episodes more interesting seeing him unhooded, it can get boring seeing him with that orange parka all the time.
Moviemason

Postby Moviemason » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 am

Na thats retarded, they did it perfectly with the movie, made you pay to see it. Kenny unhooded is just retarded. You'd get more, why is "Kenny unhooded?" fans then "finally a change in kenny's clothes" fans.
And If Kenny did take his hood down for an episode, Cartman and the guys would probably rip on him for changing his appearance. Face it, Kenny is just bound to be hooded, with the exception of possibly mooning through his hood for an occasional photo :assface: !
popcorn0496

Postby popcorn0496 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:30 pm

i saw kenny unhooded in south park:bigger longer & uncut its kinda weird that he never takes his hood off in the series. i wonder y he wears his jacket like that... :unhoodedkenny:
XzPePijNzX

Postby XzPePijNzX » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:38 pm

With Kenny so able to survive nowadays, and most of his traits surpressed, an unhooded kenny would be as boring as stan.

It's fun to catch glimpses of him unhooded every now and then though.
LISAinSP

Postby LISAinSP » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:59 pm

Kenny always has the best things to say...if everyone could understand him, that would be gay.
Morgueanna

Postby Morgueanna » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:52 pm

If you guys really pay attention, you'll see a few episodes where he doesn't have the hood on.

For example, "The Jeffersons". When the boys want to take Blanket out, they dress up Kenny like blanket. He has his face covered with the Mardi Gras mask but you can see his hair and lower face. Also, you get to hear his voice unmuffled.

For Kenny to just be unhooded all the time would be stupid. Seeing it every now and then is like a nice little treat that shouldn't be overindulged. The hoodie is what makes Kenny special and funny.
My parents said they'd ground me if I (insert ridiculous stunt here).
mwcafac91

Postby mwcafac91 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:23 am

Morgueanna wrote:For example, "The Jeffersons". When the boys want to take Blanket out, they dress up Kenny like blanket. He has his face covered with the Mardi Gras mask but you can see his hair and lower face. Also, you get to hear his voice unmuffled.

I thought that part was awesome. For some reason, I had absolutely no idea that that was Kenny. I thought that It was cool that they told us that he killed Kenny when Kenny died, although I'm pretty sure that that's what they were going for.
TheCrazyFreak

Postby TheCrazyFreak » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 pm

mwcafac91 wrote:
Morgueanna wrote:For example, "The Jeffersons". When the boys want to take Blanket out, they dress up Kenny like blanket. He has his face covered with the Mardi Gras mask but you can see his hair and lower face. Also, you get to hear his voice unmuffled.

I thought that part was awesome. For some reason, I had absolutely no idea that that was Kenny. I thought that It was cool that they told us that he killed Kenny when Kenny died, although I'm pretty sure that that's what they were going for.

Yeah, I had no idea either. I thought it was some random kid, especially since Stan said:"Dude, whatever. At least you finally get to do something."

And after it was revealed that guy was actually Kenny, I was like:"Woah!" :o

Though I agree with the people saying Kenny should keep his hood up. That way the moments when he does take it off are just that more precious. =)
pandemickller123

Postby pandemickller123 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:20 pm

I like rare glimpses of kenny unhooded but the muffled voice and orange hoodie is what makes kenny a unique character. It would be gay to take away the hood and just have the blonde normal talking kenny then we would have another stan basically.
conter

Postby conter » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:00 am

pandemickller123 wrote:I like rare glimpses of kenny unhooded but the muffled voice and orange hoodie is what makes kenny a unique character. It would be gay to take away the hood and just have the blonde normal talking kenny then we would have another stan basically.

kenny's coll with both i don't really care
conter tamdas
Bohemian-Scandal

Postby Bohemian-Scandal » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:39 am

I'm kinda split on this. On the one hand, if Kenny was unhooded they'd be able to do more with him and develop his character. Trey has said how hard it is to use Kenny and that he's basically just a prop. If he was able to speak unmuffled we'd see him more.

Kenny's hood is part of his trademark though and trying to understand what he's saying is part of the fun. But having to have the character's repeat back what he says so the audience can understand gets lame. They've done it a lot if Kenny says something important.

I disagree that Kenny would become another Stan if his hood was removed. His personality is way more screwed up than Stan's. What we see of it anyway. I'm sure he'd develop into a more distinct character if he had the chance to.

I dunno. As others have pointed out it's a treat when we do catch a glimpse of him unhooded and I remember how crazy people went just when he had a few clear lines in Lice Capades. Lol.

Like I said. I'm torn. :)
Iceman720

Postby Iceman720 » Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:58 am

Doesn't Kenny make an apperance unhooded in and episode in season 8 called The Jeffersons? He pretends to be Michael Jefferson's son Blanket so they could get that real Blanket kid away from Michael Jefferson. That was the first time i ever saw him unhooded and heard him spoke unhooded. I thought it was kinda cool.
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:47 pm

Kenny has to stay unhooded. I can give you several quick reasons why:

- Trey and Matt use him to put phrases in episodes that would otherwise be bleeped. It is actually easier to understand him now for that reason, as opposed to early seasons where it was completely muffled and you relied on deduction, and other characters translating what he said to understand him.

- It's funnier to see the different ways they hide his face in situations where he isn't hooded. [kind of like Wilson in that show "Home Improvement"]

- It is just what makes Kenny........ Kenny. It is a unique trait that no one else in the show shares.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:24 pm

nbabechenko wrote:- It's funnier to see the different ways they hide his face in situations where he isn't hooded. [kind of like Wilson in that show "Home Improvement"]

I was gonna bring that up in the discussion of Pee, and chickened out for one reason or another.
Gotta say though, the best unhooded moment has to be the sock bath in Lice Capades.

Return to “Character Discussion”