Kenny Unhooded

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

nbabechenko

Re: Kenny Unhooded

Postby nbabechenko » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:25 am

BRMBug wrote:
nbabechenko wrote:- It's funnier to see the different ways they hide his face in situations where he isn't hooded. [kind of like Wilson in that show "Home Improvement"]

I was gonna bring that up in the discussion of Pee, and chickened out for one reason or another.
Gotta say though, the best unhooded moment has to be the sock bath in Lice Capades.

Yeah, I love that episode. But the overall answer to the post question remains: No, Kenny must remain hooded, or face covered.
PessimistDude

Postby PessimistDude » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Just reminding you guys of another instance of Kenny without a hood, "The Losing Edge". Since all the boys are wearing baseball uniforms, Kenny's face can be seen in a few shots. He doesn't speak though.
Glenn Beck raped and murdered a young girl in 1990.
http://gb1990.com

I believe Craig and Red are cousins. If you do too, copy and paste this into your signature.
MartijnLOVESsp

Postby MartijnLOVESsp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:21 pm

they say on wikipeida that in season 15, there gonna show kenny unhooded :unhoodedkenny: a lot, and that cartman now dies for good:cartmancrying:
kornsk8er101

Postby kornsk8er101 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:37 am

yeah i think every now and then is OK but is there a way to make like a play list of videos because i hate getting out of bed to change the episode.
_Lavi

Postby _Lavi » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:14 am

IMO,

Yes. Not only would it make the shows more interesting, it could also make the storyline a whole lot deeper. It would probably even add a new layer of satirical comedy (Kenny's perverted-ness could be extremely funny, if exploited the right way ;)

And what's this about Kenny could become another Stan?

Lol.

Not Happenin' >.>

You really should worry about Stan becoming Kyle and vice versa, even though there are quite a few noticeable differences. I take the Kenny to Style vice versa thing back, actually.

But yeah, Kenny un-hooded would be epic.
capt_falcone

Postby capt_falcone » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:05 am

Kenny unhooded inside, and hooded outside. Kenny being seen without the hood more often would serve as a better reminder that he isn't a prop, but another one of the 4th graders.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/capt_falcone

That's right, a mothafuckin bunny!

I say the whole world must learn of our peaceful ways. By force!
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:19 am

I'm of the opinion that Kenny should be presented without his parka, or just merely unhooded, much more often. Not necessarily every second he's on the screen, but at least once in an episode, and given a speaking role, too. He's a great character the way he is, but his lack of presence in newer episodes hinders his development. Matt and Trey can do so much more with him, and I'm sure the fans will agree that it will help boost the plot lag we've experienced with an overexposure to celebrities and current events. He's a very likeable character, in my opinion, so I believe he should be developed more. He can say some of the sexual innuendos he gets a kick out of which make me laugh.
sumpuertoricanguy

Postby sumpuertoricanguy » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:20 pm

??
Zellawolf

Postby Zellawolf » Sun May 02, 2010 2:43 am

To the poster who claimed that Cartman would die in season 15, care to share the evidence? I doubt this is true, seeing as like it or not, Cartman basically IS South Park.
Secondly, there are many instances in which Kenny can be seen without his hood in creative disguises (and wow, it makes me die a little inside); namely The Jeffersons, The Losing Edge, and a couple in season 13 (no one has mentioned Margaritaville yet).
Thirdly, I agree that Matt and Trey HAVE to define Kenny's role the show, hopefully starting with 14B. Either, he is a “prop” and his deaths become more regular, i.e. giving him a purpose, however stays hooded and lacks character development, therefore making his gruesome demises easier to watch, or he goes unhooded more often and becomes one of the others; his perversion and extreme poverty being the basis of his character.
I think the problem is that in the early seasons, they were all literally one dimensional characters: Cartman, the spoilt fat kid, Stan and Kyle, the "normal" main characters who regularly interchanged roles, and Kenny, the kid with a muffled voice who died in every episode. Since then, Cartman has become a power-hungry, evil mastermind, Kyle has become the more empathetic one who is often victimised, and Stan has become practical and easily exasperated. But where is Kenny's development? He hardly ever dies anymore, so now he is just the "muffled kid" and for all intensive purposes, the show's trademark. Matt and Trey need to decide whether to develop his character, remove his hood more and give him a larger speaking role, or otherwise make his deaths a regular occurrence again and take the show back the square one (which could be a good idea, given how overly involved in current events it has become of late).
Finally, I do wish Butters would stop stealing Kenny's role, and to a lesser extent Kyle's. And, let's not forget, Pip's.
I really think he is becoming an overbearing presence in some of the newer seasons, and though I find him cute and likeable when he isn't being forced down my throat, I think giving him such a major role has destroyed him as a character, seeing as he is no longer the underdog, in a sense of how the show portrays him. I think he is great as a supporting character but really, the show is about Stan, Kenny, Kyle and Cartman.
I think having him on the front cover of season 13 is the last straw for me.
I don't like forums.
JewPower

Postby JewPower » Tue May 04, 2010 11:54 pm

Zellawolf wrote :
> To the poster who claimed that Cartman would die in season 15, care to
> share the evidence? I doubt this is true, seeing as like it or not, Cartman
> basically IS South Park.
> Secondly, there are many instances in which Kenny can be seen without his
> hood in creative disguises (and wow, it makes me die a little inside);
> namely The Jeffersons, The Losing Edge, and a couple in season 13 (no one
> has mentioned Margaritaville yet).
> Thirdly, I agree that Matt and Trey HAVE to define Kenny's role the show,
> hopefully starting with 14B. Either, he is a “prop” and his deaths become
> more regular, i.e. giving him a purpose, however stays hooded and lacks
> character development, therefore making his gruesome demises easier to
> watch, or he goes unhooded more often and becomes one of the others; his
> perversion and extreme poverty being the basis of his character.
> I think the problem is that in the early seasons, they were all literally
> one dimensional characters: Cartman, the spoilt fat kid, Stan and Kyle, the
> "normal" main characters who regularly interchanged roles, and
> Kenny, the kid with a muffled voice who died in every episode. Since then,
> Cartman has become a power-hungry, evil mastermind, Kyle has become the
> more empathetic one who is often victimised, and Stan has become practical
> and easily exasperated. But where is Kenny's development? He hardly ever
> dies anymore, so now he is just the "muffled kid" and for all
> intensive purposes, the show's trademark. Matt and Trey need to decide
> whether to develop his character, remove his hood more and give him a
> larger speaking role, or otherwise make his deaths a regular occurrence
> again and take the show back the square one (which could be a good idea,
> given how overly involved in current events it has become of late).
> Finally, I do wish Butters would stop stealing Kenny's role, and to a
> lesser extent Kyle's. And, let's not forget, Pip's.
> I really think he is becoming an overbearing presence in some of the newer
> seasons, and though I find him cute and likeable when he isn't being forced
> down my throat, I think giving him such a major role has destroyed him as a
> character, seeing as he is no longer the underdog, in a sense of how the
> show portrays him. I think he is great as a supporting character but
> really, the show is about Stan, Kenny, Kyle and Cartman.
> I think having him on the front cover of season 13 is the last straw for
> me.

I agree with some of your points, I wish Matt and Trey would further develop Kenny's character.
Though I think the hood should stay up for the mostpart, they should give the fans little glimpses here and there, not so much so that it would just kill it, but as a little treat.
I think they should do a single episode based on Kenny without his parka, maybe he lost it or something, and just have him exposed for the whole episode.
As for Butters, I like him, and I like his development, I don't think it's a bad thing that he's so involved in the recent episodes.
metboi07

Postby metboi07 » Fri May 07, 2010 6:10 am

Well I feel that Kenny should keep his parka on. That's his whole image. Kenny's personality only consist of the poor kid who likes getting high and looking at boobs...what else do you need to know? It would be lame if his hood was always off. Plus it adds to the mystery of trying to figure out what he said. Like ppl mentioned, you catch it in the SP Movie, The Jeffersons' ep. The Losing Edge ep. etc. And ppl are complaining that Kenny isn't getting killed enough. I like how Trey and Matt are deciding which episodes to kill him off. They should do it every other episode. In season 13, I believe the only episodes Kenny died in was The Ring, W.T.F, and Pee. Which is cool cause it adds to the surprise of when he will be killed, instead of having it be every episode.

>>>>>To Zellawolf, you took the words completely out of my mouth when talking about Butters. I feel the exact same way. I like Butters and feels he's a funny character, but he is the main focus of too many episodes. I feel I know more about Butters as a person than Kenny, and that is a problem. Less Butters episodes and more Kenny episodes, because Major Boobage and The Ring are f*ckin HILARIOUS!

Return to “Character Discussion”