WE WANT CHEF!!

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Skrotex

Re: WE WANT CHEF!!

Postby Skrotex » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 am

I have a feeling that we'll get one more, "Hello, children!" before the series ends.
They're not people, they're hippies!!!
UknoWHATiAMsayin?420

Postby UknoWHATiAMsayin?420 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 pm

i really really hope so. all im asking for is one more.
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:15 am

We are all saddened by the loss of a great character [chef]. I think Issac, after staying on South Park for nine seasons, should have concluded that a sciontology episode would eventually happen. To bad he had to "freak out" about it though, and leave.
To bring a character back without the original voice is stupid. No one wants to here someone else's voice on a classic character (it is a major disappointment to true fans). I think Matt and Trey made "Chef Vader" to symbolize something that is more finalized; and that it has been misunderstood as symbolization of a sequel to come.
Just as Anikin Skywalker was never the same again after becoming Darth Vader, Chef will never again be like the old Chef. So there can be no real goodbyes. Life is just like that sometimes; South Park teaches something with every episode, maybe Chef's demise was the real lesson in this episode. Maybe Chef's demise was not his death, but his rebirth as a completely different character. [or something like that].
Sometimes we just have to trust that Matt Stone and Trey Parker know what they're doing; if they want to bring Chef back that is their call alone. If, for some reason, they don't bring him back, then there must be a logical reason why they didn't.
Skrotex

Postby Skrotex » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:49 am

nbabechenko wrote:We are all saddened by the loss of a great character [chef]. I think Issac, after staying on South Park for nine seasons, should have concluded that a sciontology episode would eventually happen. To bad he had to "freak out" about it though, and leave.
To bring a character back without the original voice is stupid. No one wants to here someone else's voice on a classic character (it is a major disappointment to true fans). I think Matt and Trey made "Chef Vader" to symbolize something that is more finalized; and that it has been misunderstood as symbolization of a sequel to come.
Just as Anikin Skywalker was never the same again after becoming Darth Vader, Chef will never again be like the old Chef. So there can be no real goodbyes. Life is just like that sometimes; South Park teaches something with every episode, maybe Chef's demise was the real lesson in this episode. Maybe Chef's demise was not his death, but his rebirth as a completely different character. [or something like that].
Sometimes we just have to trust that Matt Stone and Trey Parker know what they're doing; if they want to bring Chef back that is their call alone. If, for some reason, they don't bring him back, then there must be a logical reason why they didn't.

I don't think anyone expects the O.G. Chef to come back; that Chocolate Salty Balls Chef; that "I wanna make love to ya woman!" Chef; I think we all realize that if he were to return, it would have to be as Chef Vader. Which I'd put my money on happening.

If Chef is out there somewhere, Chef Vader-ing around, then we will see him return. He’ll need to redeem himself. This is of course only if Matt and Trey follow Vader’s storyline with Chef. It could all have just been a one time joke and Chef will never come back and we’re all retarded.

…still, I hope.
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:59 am

It could all have just been a one time joke and Chef will never come back and we’re all retarded.

…still, I hope.[/quote]

I agree with what you are saying in this selected quote. Accept I don't really see a reason for chef to come back. So I'm not hopping.

Because if its not original chef, I don't want it. Can you imagine Chef singing with a sexy tone in a Darth Vader mask?!?!? Not cool. Plus Issac Hayes is dead. :(

By the way: "They're not people, they're hippies!!!"...................... very nice quote. :lol:
Skrotex

Postby Skrotex » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:21 am

nbabechenko wrote: It could all have just been a one time joke and Chef will never come back and we’re all retarded.

…still, I hope.

I agree with what you are saying in this selected quote. Accept I don't really see a reason for chef to come back. So I'm not hopping.

Because if its not original chef, I don't want it. Can you imagine Chef singing with a sexy tone in a Darth Vader mask?!?!? Not cool. Plus Issac Hayes is dead. :(

By the way: "They're not people, they're hippies!!!"...................... very nice quote. :lol

The more I think about it, you're right. It would just be way too weird for Chef Vader to have any amount of extended dialogue. But if Trey and Matt were to bring him back (like the little kid in me wishes) then I trust that they would do him justice and make it awesome. We'll just have to wait and see.
jmdaniel11

Postby jmdaniel11 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Today I discovered Marvin Sease. This a real "Chef" like singer. He had to been some inspiration for the character. Google it and have a listen. Don't forget to see some of his album art.
Amiomaru

Postby Amiomaru » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:24 am

They also killed off Chef in an episode after Issac died.
Southparkfan135

Postby Southparkfan135 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Chef's VA is dead... :( I doubt we are going to see Chef again...
However, as for Darth Chef, I hope we are going to see him in future...
Sorry for my bad English...

Return to “Character Discussion”