Cartmans not the same:(

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

darcyricho

Cartmans not the same:(

Postby darcyricho » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:56 am

Cartman is not as funny as he used to be in the earlier seasons. He could have been hilarious in W.T.F but failed to please. He doesn't rip on the Jews much anymore and doesn't have many witty one liners or swears like "Semen puking assh*le dickhead" (cancelled)
I just think he could be a bit more funny. Oh, but he was great in "The Coon"
spartan3521

Re: Cartmans not the same:(

Postby spartan3521 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:02 am

I DO AGREE HE IS NOT AS RISQUE' WITH HIS HATE AS HE USED TO BE... MY PERSONAL FAVORITE IS HIS NAZI MEL GIBSON FAN CLUB
darcyricho

Postby darcyricho » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:22 am

haha yeah Passion of the jew is a great episode :mrgreen:
Blood_Bites

Postby Blood_Bites » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:18 am

darcyricho wrote:Cartman is not as funny as he used to be in the earlier seasons. He could have been hilarious in W.T.F but failed to please. He doesn't rip on the Jews much anymore and doesn't have many witty one liners or swears like "Semen puking assh*le dickhead" (cancelled)
I just think he could be a bit more funny. Oh, but he was great in "The Coon"

its true Cartman should rip som more fart jokes and fight with Kyle

*fart* :shock: :shock: :shock:
Duhh

Postby Duhh » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Yep i agree,,maybe we can recommand SP this?

Lol dont know how though

darcyricho

Postby darcyricho » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah, it would be cool if we could
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:56 am

I don't think it's a matter of Cartman being less "RISQUE'", I think it is the change in society of what is considered "risque'" now versus previous seasons.

For example
: In the DVD commentary of "South Park is Gay" (7th season), Matt and Trey talked about how when "Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat ride" (1st season) came out, most people thought it was a huge deal that they had this completely open gay guy. Now look what we have today- "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy", "Will and Grace", and Mr. Slave.

I don't think Cartman has really changed that much. I think that South Park has sort of "desensitized" its audience by saying and doing things that are so taboo, that anything else said wouldn't be considered nearly as extreme.

Think about it............... it may have been a big deal for Cartman to call Kyle a f*cking Jew in earlier seasons, but now its become sort of mundane and expected. Personally I don't see how you could be more extreme toward the jews than when Cartman said Kike on the Torrets Syndrom episode (Season 11).

In conclusion, Cartman is the same (if not even more bad-ass) as he once was. It is society's view of the taboo that has changed in the years since South Park was created.

So the question remains, how do Matt and Trey make Cartman more shocking in a world that isn't as shocked as it once was 12 or 13 seasons ago?
t0mt0m4life

Postby t0mt0m4life » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:52 pm

Yeah, I agree with you on some parts.

-Cartman doesn't really rip on Kyle that much anymore (or the other guys at all) now.

-Cartman doesn't really have those get-rich-quick schemes anymore.

The problem is...they both got old.

As much as I like the show, the last couple of seasons have been on a downhill slope. Of course, there were funny episodes in Seasons 11-13 (The List, The Coon, Whale Whores), but there were also the not so funny ones...(Season 12, anybody?). These guys are running out of ideas. This show is going down, and Cartman will be the first casualty. We need a Cartman episode. A good one.
nbabechenko

Postby nbabechenko » Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:52 am

I think the slope started more around the guinea pig episodes, and continued into season 13. There are good shows in both seasons though, but others were uncreative, and at times boring. Then some like "Soapbox Derby" had a great potential plot , but were ruined unintentionally....... in my opinion.

Return to “Character Discussion”