I miss Chef

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Equidog

I miss Chef

Postby Equidog » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:41 am

A lot.

When I watch the earlier episodes, I realize how much he's missed. I mean, the series is great now even without him, but man...he was awesome. I wish he could return somehow, and not as Darth Chef, but as himself. Could the SP producers find another deep-voiced voice actor to portray him?

Anyway, I miss Chef.
sarfios

Re: I miss Chef

Postby sarfios » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:31 am

Equidog wrote:A lot.

When I watch the earlier episodes, I realize how much he's missed. I mean, the series is great now even without him, but man...he was awesome. I wish he could return somehow, and not as Darth Chef, but as himself. Could the SP producers find another deep-voiced voice actor to portray him?

Anyway, I miss Chef.

Defenetly, Chef was awesome, but... hey. He died awesome as well...
KingLazy

Postby KingLazy » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:14 am

I do miss chef, he was a great character.
Romi!

Postby Romi! » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:03 am

we all miss chef. He was like the chocolate in my balls. He was the only person who can lay me by the fire. He will be missed.
Gizmo Burns

Postby Gizmo Burns » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:47 pm

yeah I miss Chef to he's was a cool character :(
gamejerk147

Postby gamejerk147 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:33 pm

he was the best i must agree :(
SPizmilife

Postby SPizmilife » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 am

When I saw his death episode, I though he would come back... but he didn't. I really miss him. Did the actor who did his voice quit or die or something?
MisterSuperdude

WHERE IS CHEF

Postby MisterSuperdude » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:38 am

Where's chef? He's the best black person on the show! Sorry Token. But PLEASE. Chef is a GREAT character to have. I now that he's a Darth Vader, but c'mon!! I'll feel like a :assface: , then I'd :parishilton: , then I'd be :cartmancry: , then I'd be :zombiekenny: , then I would :stanpuke: again. Then I'd finally be :craig:
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 am

^ Oh boy, this is a long story.

Isaac Hayes, the voice of Chef, was a Scientologist. He didn't take too kindly to Matt and Trey making fun of his religion so he quit the show, I believe between Seasons 9 and 10, but it might have been during Season 9. He died in August 2008.

Now of course, there's plenty of other details in the controversy but that's the SHORT version.

Chef's not really that important. He was a fun character during the two or so seasons he was really around. After that he was about as important as Kenny.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: WHERE IS CHEF

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:35 am

MisterSuperdude wrote:Where's chef? He's the best black person on the show! Sorry Token. But PLEASE. Chef is a GREAT character to have. I now that he's a Darth Vader, but c'mon!! I'll feel like a :assface: , then I'd :parishilton: , then I'd be :cartmancry: , then I'd be :zombiekenny: , then I would :stanpuke: again. Then I'd finally be :craig:

He's now Darth Chef, and maybe, like Darth Vader, he'll be saved someday. But the actor who did his voice died a few years ago.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 pm

In the South Park episode " Trapped in the Closet ", a satire of Scientology which aired on November 16, 2005, Hayes did not appear in his role as Chef.

a month after the episode aired, Hayes was asked, "What did you think about when Matt and Trey did that episode on Scientology?", he replied, "One thing about Matt and Trey, they lampoon everybody, and if you take that serious, I'll sell you the Brooklyn Bridge for two dollars. That's what they do."

A response from Stone said that Hayes' complaints stemmed from the show's criticism of Scientology and that he "has no problem – and he's cashed plenty of checks – with our show making fun of Christians, Muslims, Mormons or Jews.
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Strainj

Postby Strainj » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Chef was tha man, but i dont think they should bring him back, because there cant be another Chef like there cant be another Isaac Hayes
phreshboyINDIANA

Postby phreshboyINDIANA » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:26 pm

yea chef was pretty cool...how did the guy who playd his voice die again?
phuRR3sHx b0yZx fRuMMx INd1a7Vax
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:50 pm

He was jogging on a treadmill when he had a heart attack. He was found dead sometime later.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 am

Big-Will wrote:He was jogging on a treadmill when he had a heart attack. He was found dead sometime later.

Ouch. I miss Chef too, but what's bothering me is how matt and trey are trying to replace him with Randy.
Can't we all just get along?

Return to “Character Discussion”