I miss Chef

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: I miss Chef

Postby BRMBug » Wed May 04, 2011 2:39 am

ooh. I forgot about the treadmill part.

And they've been leaning on Randy more since at least season 9.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 04, 2011 3:15 am

Ever since Chef began to appear less and less, they've leaned on Randy. The first Randy episode was back in season 3! :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
phreshboyINDIANA

Postby phreshboyINDIANA » Mon May 09, 2011 12:54 am

i dont kno....Randy's pretty god damn funny :mrgreen:
phuRR3sHx b0yZx fRuMMx INd1a7Vax
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon May 16, 2011 6:56 am

Although Randy's overtaken Chef as the main adult I wouldn't quite say he's replaced Chef. Chef's role was extremely different - Chef was the one sane adult when every other adult was an idiot.

It's a hard role to replace, and there's really no recurring adult sane enough to replace him. Randy, Gerald, etc. all have crazy moments, Stuart's an alcoholic, Jimbo and Ned shoot everything that moves... Garrison's became rather sane since his last sex change but he's also barely existed. "Royal Pudding" is the first time he's really been used for comedy since then. Dr. Mephesto would be a good candidate if he hadn't been written out. It's a tough game.

I guess Sharon comes closest given her role in S14b mostly being such.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
trenlock

Postby trenlock » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 am

He was such an important guy and there is a small ratio of blacks on the show now.
BadEric

Postby BadEric » Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:03 am

My brothers, Chef was "the voice of conscience"...I know it's hard to move along, even after these years...We have to be strong now...Just...let him go...We are older now, we can't cry each time someone say "Hello there, children !". He's now in a better place, making love with a lot of dead women in the sky. And remember that if the girl you love dies before you, he will make love to her too : even in the death, Chef will always try to make his best to help you... but...just...let him go...
I'm trying to make the best out of a bad situation.
pipiscute

Postby pipiscute » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:45 pm

Well i gess they had to kill him off because the guy who voiced him quit but it would be cool to at least see darth chef (or are darth chef and chef the same voice?). maybe in a star wars parody? Anyway m&t have been killing off a lot of their characters mis chocksondik, ms crabtree, pip, tweek, and now maybe stan? Come on stop killing off everyone.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:08 am

It's not gonna be easy: Darth Chef was voiced by Darth Maul (not betting on it, though). We might still see the Super Adventure Club again, though, as they're my top suspects in the current SP mystery.

Postby pipiscute » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:02 pm

The Silver Banana wrote:It's not gonna be easy: Darth Chef was voiced by Darth Maul (not betting on it, though). We might still see the Super Adventure Club again, though, as they're my top suspects in the current SP mystery.

:) realy darth maul thats cool beans. I don't think that the super adventure club would be linked with stan's cynical feelings tho.
assaultriflelover

Postby assaultriflelover » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:44 am

Yeah I miss chef to. He just got offended by this one episode that made fun of his religion.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 am

He might have left anyway - they weren't using him as much. Notice that he was appearing less and less in seasons 7- 9.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:09 am

pipiscute wrote:
The Silver Banana wrote:It's not gonna be easy: Darth Chef was voiced by Darth Maul (not betting on it, though). We might still see the Super Adventure Club again, though, as they're my top suspects in the current SP mystery.

:) realy darth maul thats cool beans. I don't think that the super adventure club would be linked with stan's cynical feelings tho.

...previous mystery. :roll:

Return to “Character Discussion”