Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Rocky :)

Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Rocky :) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:09 am

What do you think will happen to Stan and Wendy in season 15, in terms of their relationship.... And what do you want to happen... :)
♥ Stan, Randy and Tweek ♥
Zazaban

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Zazaban » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:25 pm

I hope they at least make some reference to it. It's kind of faded into oblivion, lately. I, for one, would like to see another one with her being a jealous bitch. That was entertaining.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:28 am

weakened their relationship in Season 14

stan wendy ends are then re-reconcile

I hope that season 15 will stay together or end ..

best would be with another because they do not stop to discuss osentir jealousy of another
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:59 am

A "Stan and Wendy Go On A Date" episode would be funny.
skurtz wrote:

Postby Rocky :) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:47 am

Yeah I think they should have at least one episode which focuses on them, that would be great...
I also think Kyle needs a girlfriend :)
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:13 pm

you who think it is Kyle's girlfriend
I love south park
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:15 pm

Cristine478 wrote:you who think it is Kyle's girlfriend

Shelly would be entertaining. Everybody makes a big deal about him dating an 'older chick'. And for some reason he seems like the boy most likely to do so. :lol:
skurtz wrote:

Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:00 pm

many say about something about kevin and shelly

although it would be funny :lol:
I love south park

Postby Rocky :) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:15 pm

I think Kyle needs a new girl brought into the show, I can't imagine him with any of the pre existing girls.... However I like the Shelly idea :D
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Look guys, I used to love South Park relationships, too.

Don't hold your breath. Wendy will probably get at least one speaking appearance, but mind you, she averages two speaking appearances a season right now, and she's only had four truly significant roles since she broke up with Stan, which mind you, means only four roles in the entire second half of the series.

The main purpose of Wendy is to serve as a small motivation to Stan within the plot - in "Elementary School Musical" (#1213) her closeness with Bridon pushes Stan to speak with him and try to end the fad. On the same token, her only role in "Insheeption" (#1410) is to tell Stan about his hoarding problem. The few major roles she HAS had recently, such as "Dances With Smurfs" (#1313) had no involvement from Stan.

Let's look at the other boys - Tammy, Rebecca, Kelly Cotswolds, Patty Nelson, Sally Darson and arguably Lexus have all been one-off characters we've never heard from again. Kelly's voice actor isn't even with the show anymore, and neither her nor Toddy Walters' other characters were recast.

Point being, relationships are unimportant to the series and don't expect Matt or Trey to touch upon them more than once more.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:39 pm

JVM wrote:Look guys, I used to love South Park relationships, too.

Don't hold your breath. Wendy will probably get at least one speaking appearance, but mind you, she averages two speaking appearances a season right now, and she's only had four truly significant roles since she broke up with Stan, which mind you, means only four roles in the entire second half of the series.

The main purpose of Wendy is to serve as a small motivation to Stan within the plot - in "Elementary School Musical" (#1213) her closeness with Bridon pushes Stan to speak with him and try to end the fad. On the same token, her only role in "Insheeption" (#1410) is to tell Stan about his hoarding problem. The few major roles she HAS had recently, such as "Dances With Smurfs" (#1313) had no involvement from Stan.

Let's look at the other boys - Tammy, Rebecca, Kelly Cotswolds, Patty Nelson, Sally Darson and arguably Lexus have all been one-off characters we've never heard from again. Kelly's voice actor isn't even with the show anymore, and neither her nor Toddy Walters' other characters were recast.

Point being, relationships are unimportant to the series and don't expect Matt or Trey to touch upon them more than once more.

I think it only happen with Stan and wendy will not change almost nothing and that Matt and Trey were reading the forum now
I love south park
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:29 am

It would be cute and provide some laughs if we see Stan/Wendy in 15 but I don't really care. I don't support their relationship and it is pretty much dead. It's obvious Stan loves his family, friends, sports, video games, and toys more than his girlfriend. And at that age, that's how it should be. I am a film believer in keeping the kids well, like kids somehow. Make them act like the young children that they are. Therefore Kyle does not need a girlfriend. And Stan should just break up with Wendy while he can. I know kids can feel true love at any age, but based on Stan and Wendy's relationship I have to say it's nothing more than puppy love.

But that's my take. Nothing against Wendy as she's a good strong character. But I don't really care a lot about the girls..
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Postby Rocky :) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:33 am

I agree that technically they are only kids really, but I support the relationship nontheless. I think it is a nice change to have something sweet in the show such as romance. Yes, Wendy only makes a few appearances, but I think that is the way it should be. Though I do think it would be nice to give them an episode in the 15th season just to either show how weak the relationship is or how strong, that way they are not just left in limbo.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:It would be cute and provide some laughs if we see Stan/Wendy in 15 but I don't really care. I don't support their relationship and it is pretty much dead. It's obvious Stan loves his family, friends, sports, video games, and toys more than his girlfriend. And at that age, that's how it should be. I am a film believer in keeping the kids well, like kids somehow. Make them act like the young children that they are. Therefore Kyle does not need a girlfriend. And Stan should just break up with Wendy while he can. I know kids can feel true love at any age, but based on Stan and Wendy's relationship I have to say it's nothing more than puppy love.

But that's my take. Nothing against Wendy as she's a good strong character. But I don't really care a lot about the girls..

that's obvious we know that relationship is dead. I just wanted to know what would happen to them in season 15 but it is an important issue to say
I love south park
JVM

Postby JVM » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 am

I wouldn't call the relationship itself dead. How often do we see Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny just hanging around and having fun? Not very often, as the episode's plot obviously calls for the friendships to be tested and for zany sh*t to happen. But the friendships are there, and reinforced through smaller actions, such as Kyle saving Cartman despite their rivalry in "Manbearpig" (#1006)

There's just not much of a way to show Wendy and Stan's relationship in a comedy, and the main purpose of the relationship, as I said, is to serve as a motivation for Stan. Wendy's other purpose is to serve as a window for the boys and the viewer to the girls' world. The show is predominantly a comedy, and a whole lovey-dovey episode would just piss people off the way serious episodes like "Mysterion Rises" (#1412) piss everyone off.

Long story short, TV comedy economics.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “Character Discussion”