Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cristine478

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:35 pm

JVM wrote:
Rocky :) wrote:
I agree it is annoying. It's like a cycle. If this was a more realistic show I'd say they were doomed as a couple, but seeing as it's not, it's anyone's guess what will happen

Trey and Matt are fairly predictable writers when it comes to the non-humorous aspects of the show.

Stendy will be of no importance in Season Fifteen save for maybe one, maybe two episodes.

I don't see why everyone cares about it so much, positive or negative.

as above all, do not know, but it is likely to end up like the previous seasons.

a mystery
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:49 pm

Rocky :) wrote:People care because it's a nice, sweet theme to focus on throughout the show, it's something slightly different from the norm. Or even because they could possibly relate it to their own relationships (Though I like to know how)...

I agree with you in regard to Wendy being of nearly no importance in season 15, I do still think she'll make an appearance though.

If people's relationships are like Stan and Wendy's, then someone must explain to them how meaningless their current relationships are. You do not want to be in a "puppy love" relationship.

Nine-year-olds don't have real relationships. There's a literal chemistry to love, and it requires the hormones of teenage life and adulthood to trigger it.

Besides, the real point of the relationship was for Stan to puke on Wendy, and that stupid gag is well and over with.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:19 pm

If Stan and Wendy aren't a couple anymore, I hope they stay good friends at the very least.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:24 pm

if you i also believe that
would be good for them
I love south park
Rocky :)

Postby Rocky :) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:16 am

JVM wrote:
Rocky :) wrote:People care because it's a nice, sweet theme to focus on throughout the show, it's something slightly different from the norm. Or even because they could possibly relate it to their own relationships (Though I like to know how)...

I agree with you in regard to Wendy being of nearly no importance in season 15, I do still think she'll make an appearance though.

If people's relationships are like Stan and Wendy's, then someone must explain to them how meaningless their current relationships are. You do not want to be in a "puppy love" relationship.

Nine-year-olds don't have real relationships. There's a literal chemistry to love, and it requires the hormones of teenage life and adulthood to trigger it.

Besides, the real point of the relationship was for Stan to puke on Wendy, and that stupid gag is well and over with.

It's true that the 'puking gag' is well and truely over, and yes, at first that may have been the initial point of the relationship. To Matt and Trey there must have been much more to it though. Either it was more comedic material they thought they could either pull from the relationship or they saw some sort of value in it because they brought the two back together.

The most prominante reason why nine year olds have relationships is due to them wanting to be older and like their peers, parents, or tv idols.
♥ Stan, Randy and Tweek ♥
jakej0693

Postby jakej0693 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:22 am

cheezy poofs
JVM

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:27 am

^ Trey brought Stan and Wendy back together for the very same reasons Kenny came back, and Mr. Garrison became a man again: He doesn't like changing the status quo. There's only been two changes in the series that stayed, not counting Chef's death since that was forced, and those are Pip's and Mr. Hat's removals. They came back in the "200"/"201" arc to satisfy the twelve people who still cared.

If you listen to the "Raisins" commentary, they were actually quite proud to proclaim the relationship as dead.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Postby Rocky :) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:43 am

JVM wrote:^ Trey brought Stan and Wendy back together for the very same reasons Kenny came back, and Mr. Garrison became a man again: He doesn't like changing the status quo. There's only been two changes in the series that stayed, not counting Chef's death since that was forced, and those are Pip's and Mr. Hat's removals. They came back in the "200"/"201" arc to satisfy the twelve people who still cared.

If you listen to the "Raisins" commentary, they were actually quite proud to proclaim the relationship as dead.

I haven't heard the commentary... One day I'll get round to that.

'the twelve people who still cared' -that made me laugh
Hotcocoseeds

Postby Hotcocoseeds » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:58 am

They should break up their relationship for now because Stan and Wendy are children and shouldn't be dating in fourth grade....
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:48 am

Hotcocoseeds wrote:They should break up their relationship for now because Stan and Wendy are children and shouldn't be dating in fourth grade....

Exactly what I think. Not saying relationships that started as children can't work, but it's obvious it can't work for Stan and Wendy. They are still too immature to really know true love and just fulfilling their child-like curiosity and crush-factor.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Postby Rocky :) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
Hotcocoseeds wrote:They should break up their relationship for now because Stan and Wendy are children and shouldn't be dating in fourth grade....

Exactly what I think. Not saying relationships that started as children can't work, but it's obvious it can't work for Stan and Wendy. They are still too immature to really know true love and just fulfilling their child-like curiosity and crush-factor.

When I was in primary school six year old were having 'relationships' with one another. I didn't really understand it because t me boys still had germs until I was twelve. If you look at Stan and Wendy's relationship through a realistic point of view it's not going to last. They don't share a very strong bond, and yes they're only nine or ten. But from a fictional point of view there is no bounds to how the characters can act or do.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:17 pm

good, but this relationship is very different
I love south park
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:19 am

Stanluv25 wrote:

When I was in primary school six year old were having 'relationships' with one another. I didn't really understand it because t me boys still had germs until I was twelve. If you look at Stan and Wendy's relationship through a realistic point of view it's not going to last. They don't share a very strong bond, and yes they're only nine or ten. But from a fictional point of view there is no bounds to how the characters can act or do.

Very true. I tend to look at things from a realistic POV and that's why Stan/Wendy is not something I support. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Postby Rocky :) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:36 am

Cristine478 wrote:good, but this relationship is very different

How so??
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:40 pm

Cristine478 wrote:good, but this relationship is very different