Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:44 am

I don't see Stan and Wendy diff. :? I think that's what the whole discussion is about; they act pretty much like the typical little kid romance that's based off of being possessive of your little boyfriend and feeling uncomfortable and sick with your little girlfriend. They seem pretty ordinary to me :P
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:14 pm

I've seen that sort of thing several times.

But, what is occur in season 15?
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
6dantheman6

Postby 6dantheman6 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:37 pm

i think it would be neat to see the relationship proceed to the next step like maybe a "marriage" of something.

That would be a kool episode. and maybe Cartman gets jealous or something and try's to ruin the "wedding" i think gthat would be a funny episode!!!
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 am

6dantheman6 wrote:i think it would be neat to see the relationship proceed to the next step like maybe a "marriage" of something.

That would be a kool episode. and maybe Cartman gets jealous or something and try's to ruin the "wedding" i think gthat would be a funny episode!!!

I wrote that as a fic about a year ago, even including Cartman literally crashing the place. Trust me, not half as funny as it sounds. They did discuss the idea in "Tom's Rhinoplasty" (Season 1).

As for Season 15, my hopes is Stan and Wendy's relationship simply is not commented upon anymore. No breakup, but no evidence of it continuing. That way both sides can be pleased - fans don't lose the ship, antis don't have to watch it.

I'm going to point one thing out - their relationship is unrealistic puppy love, true, but what grounds do they have to break up? If it's puppy love, whether they do or don't really care, they think they care about each other. Therefore, there's really no special reason for a breakup to occur either - if they think they're in love, well, why would they just snap out of it?

(I'm still mentally debating myself on this issue, so I apologize in advance that I'll probably switch sides at least once or twice more.)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:15 pm

I do not support this relationship, dating in fourth grade?
well, that's one point.

compared to that of the "wedding ", the part about Cartman does not make sense that nobody thought.. Wendy would kiss Cartman ?.Cartman after that kiss was happy but only did so to put Stan jealous.

if instead of Cartman. another child would have been like?
I love south park
enrique2011

Postby enrique2011 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 pm

Cristine478 wrote:I do not support this relationship, dating in fourth grade?
well, that's one point.

compared to that of the "wedding ", the part about Cartman does not make sense that nobody thought.. Wendy would kiss Cartman ?.Cartman after that kiss was happy but only did so to put Stan jealous.

also, because it's the first girl who kisses him 8)

another child?:
Kyle? Kenny? Tweek? Craig?
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 pm

enrique2011 wrote:
Cristine478 wrote:I do not support this relationship, dating in fourth grade?
well, that's one point.

also, because it's the first girl who kisses him 8)

another child?:
Kyle? Kenny? Tweek? Craig?

I had not imagined it would be with them ...
I wonder what would have happened
I love south park
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:59 am

JVM wrote:
6dantheman6 wrote:i think it would be neat to see the relationship proceed to the next step like maybe a "marriage" of something.

I wrote that as a fic about a year ago, even including Cartman literally crashing the place. Trust me, not half as funny as it sounds. They did discuss the idea in "Tom's Rhinoplasty" (Season 1).

As for Season 15, my hopes is Stan and Wendy's relationship simply is not commented upon anymore. No breakup, but no evidence of it continuing. That way both sides can be pleased - fans don't lose the ship, antis don't have to watch it.

I'm going to point one thing out - their relationship is unrealistic puppy love, true, but what grounds do they have to break up? If it's puppy love, whether they do or don't really care, they think they care about each other. Therefore, there's really no special reason for a breakup to occur either - if they think they're in love, well, why would they just snap out of it?

(I'm still mentally debating myself on this issue, so I apologize in advance that I'll probably switch sides at least once or twice more.)

I like the idea. I can tolerate them acting like a couple in the show but when fans start insiting they are meant to be, and make them fall in and out of love all the way to high school, that's when I get annoyed.

I do wonder what would cause them to 'break up.' Wendy getting upset or jealous about something or Stan realizing he can do better. I would take the latter, that way it's less painful on him.

Haa, I love that line.
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:34 am

^ Well you have to understand, Stanluv, every fandom has shippers. Realistically speaking, chances are slim to none any of the South Park boys will marry any female characters we're familiar with. But shippers generally oppose original characters, and usually oppose developing minors, so the choices would be Stendy, Stebe, Style, Stanman, Stutters, Stenny, etc.

But I'm also going to point out, Matt has said of Stan and Wendy: "Their love is written in the stars, but the world conspires to tear them apart." - it could easily be Matt's usual joke, but general Word of God seems to be they care about each other for the series' sake. In addition, Stan is based on Trey and Wendy is based on Trey's former fiancee Liane Adamo, whom he was deeply in love with.

Long story short, I oppose the pairing, but I see no reason why the status quo would or should change.

Wendy getting upset or jealous about something or Stan realizing he can do better

Again - they THINK they're in love. As far as Stan is concerned, he's got the best. The only real way he could realize he could do better is if someone 'better' comes along, and what would the point in that be? It would be no better for Stan to hook up with say, Red, because chances are the characterization would be about the same regardless. And they'd still be nine.

Wendy getting upset or jealous? Been there, done that, it'd just be a rehash of "Raisins" (S7) and as Trey says in "200" (S14) via Stan: "Guys, stop it, you're just rehashing a bunch of old stuff!"

I just think too many people are letting their personal opinions on the pairing get in the way of what should/could/will happen.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:33 pm

JVM wrote:^ Well you have to understand, Stanluv, every fandom has shippers. Realistically speaking, chances are slim to none any of the South Park boys will marry any female characters we're familiar with. But shippers generally oppose original characters, and usually oppose developing minors, so the choices would be Stendy, Stebe, Style, Stanman, Stutters, Stenny, etc.

But I'm also going to point out, Matt has said of Stan and Wendy: "Their love is written in the stars, but the world conspires to tear them apart." - it could easily be Matt's usual joke, but general Word of God seems to be they care about each other for the series' sake. In addition, Stan is based on Trey and Wendy is based on Trey's former fiancee Liane Adamo, whom he was deeply in love with.

Long story short, I oppose the pairing, but I see no reason why the status quo would or should change.

Wendy getting upset or jealous about something or Stan realizing he can do better

Again - they THINK they're in love. As far as Stan is concerned, he's got the best. The only real way he could realize he could do better is if someone 'better' comes along, and what would the point in that be? It would be no better for Stan to hook up with say, Red, because chances are the characterization would be about the same regardless. And they'd still be nine.

Wendy getting upset or jealous? Been there, done that, it'd just be a rehash of "Raisins" (S7) and as Trey says in "200" (S14) via Stan: "Guys, stop it, you're just rehashing a bunch of old stuff!"

I just think too many people are letting their personal opinions on the pairing get in the way of what should/could/will happen.

There are two groups:

1 .- those who like

2 .- those who do not like

I belong to the second group, there are many points where I do not like.

if there are many people who believe couples who .... never existed. that only existed in his mind.
It is true about Trey and Liane. but end up like them Stan and Wendy.
I love south park
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 pm

Personally, I hope not only that Stan and Wendy stay together, but that some of the other boys and girls become couples. Does anybody know any good Japanese sites besides Pixiv where I can find art of the girls of South Park and 4th grade/town group shots? I have found some and I wonder if there are more because I like art of the girls and school/town together.
Rocky :)

Postby Rocky :) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:36 pm

Cristine478 wrote:
JVM wrote:^ Well you have to understand, Stanluv, every fandom has shippers. Realistically speaking, chances are slim to none any of the South Park boys will marry any female characters we're familiar with. But shippers generally oppose original characters, and usually oppose developing minors, so the choices would be Stendy, Stebe, Style, Stanman, Stutters, Stenny, etc.

There are two groups:

1 .- those who like

2 .- those who do not like

I belong to the second group, there are many points where I do not like.

if there are many people who believe couples who .... never existed. that only existed in his mind.
It is true about Trey and Liane. but end up like them Stan and Wendy.

Not true, there are three groups:
1. Those who like
2. Those who don't like
3. Those who don't care either way

I would say I'm the third, let the likers like and the haters hate.

And when you said: "I just think too many people are letting their personal opinions on the pairing get in the way of what should/could/will happen"

isn't that exactly what you're doing?

You did state: "I belong to the second group, there are many points where I do not like"
♥ Stan, Randy and Tweek ♥
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:43 pm

I do not like, but does not mean that i want to separate

and as for the couples, I meant those invented
I love south park
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:42 am

I know every fandom has shippers and I know they will ship anything. :roll: And I don't like pairing the boys up with a girl who is already in the series. That's why I don't like Stan/Wendy. Cartman/Wendy. Kyle/Bebe. Kyle/Rebbecca. Because realitically speaking, those relationships would never work out!

Again, I would want Stan to realize he can do better, but only later on in his life. By 5th or 6th grade I want him to break it off with Wendy simply because he's grown up slightly and doesn't want a girlfriend. And even if he does get one after Wendy, I want it to be an original character because again, someone we already know would be boring and predictable. But Stan will wake up sooner or later and realize he doesn't 'have the best.' :roll:

I know Wendy's gotten jealous before that's why I mentioned it. It could happen again and that would be why they break it off for good.

Well obviously we all have our own thoughts and opinions on the ship or there wouldn't be this thread! :D And I don't think I am too hard about it either way. I think I am just stating some pretty simple facts on why the ship Stendy does not work. :)

Haa, I love that line.
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:40 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:I know every fandom has shippers and I know they will ship anything. :roll: And I don't like pairing the boys up with a girl who is already in the series. That's why I don't like Stan/Wendy. Cartman/Wendy. Kyle/Bebe. Kyle/Rebbecca. Because realitically speaking, those relationships would never work out!

Again, I would want Stan to realize he can do better, but only later on in his life. By 5th or 6th grade I want him to break it off with Wendy simply because he's grown up slightly and doesn't want a girlfriend. And even if he does get one after Wendy, I want it to be an original character because again, someone we already know would be boring and predictable. But Stan will wake up sooner or later and realize he doesn't 'have the best.' :roll:

I know Wendy's gotten jealous before that's why I mentioned it. It could happen again and that would be why they break it off for good.

Well obviously we all have our own thoughts and opinions on the ship or there wouldn't be this thread! :D And I don't think I am too hard about it either way. I think I am just stating some pretty simple facts on why the ship Stendy does not work. :)

you're right, everyone has their tastes, some people prefer one thing and others prefer the other. hope the season 15 and see that whatever has to happen and we close this issue
I love south park

Return to “Character Discussion”