Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Rocky :)

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Rocky :) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 am

JVM wrote:I wouldn't call the relationship itself dead. How often do we see Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny just hanging around and having fun? Not very often, as the episode's plot obviously calls for the friendships to be tested and for zany sh*t to happen. But the friendships are there, and reinforced through smaller actions, such as Kyle saving Cartman despite their rivalry in "Manbearpig" (#1006)

There's just not much of a way to show Wendy and Stan's relationship in a comedy, and the main purpose of the relationship, as I said, is to serve as a motivation for Stan. Wendy's other purpose is to serve as a window for the boys and the viewer to the girls' world. The show is predominantly a comedy, and a whole lovey-dovey episode would just piss people off the way serious episodes like "Mysterion Rises" (#1412) piss everyone off.

Long story short, TV comedy economics.

Yes you have a point, unfortunately I haven't seen season 14 because the DVD's haven't yet been released in Australia, and I have a crappy internet connection, so that rules out watching them online. So I don't actually know how annoying those episodes are.... I'm not suggesting there should be a 'lovey-dovey' episode... Just one that features them maybe momentarily so show whether they are a 'lost cause' as a couple or not
♥ Stan, Randy and Tweek ♥
JVM

Postby JVM » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:05 am

^ Well the ship is acknowledged often. Twice, or was it thrice this season? Problem is more so that because these scenes are so brief and minute in comparison to the moments Stan spends with Kyle and the others, most people get the idea it's not a strong relationship.

Which is probably why- /shutsup
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 am

I think they will break up for a second time, and maybe not come back together ever again until after this show ends. I mean they're only 9-10 years old.

Postby Rocky :) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:42 am

John_117 wrote:I think they will break up for a second time, and maybe not come back together ever again until after this show ends. I mean they're only 9-10 years old.

True, they are only youngins.... I hope thay don't break up... If they did I think it'd be 'rasins' all over again, which would be like a remake of a past episode.... So I don't think they will based entirely on that fact
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:50 pm

As I said in my first comment of this relationship is a very thin thread
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 am

John_117 wrote:I think they will break up for a second time, and maybe not come back together ever again until after this show ends. I mean they're only 9-10 years old.

I'm just curious though, why do you think they'll breakup again?

Assuming Season Fifteen really is the end, I don't expect it to be touched upon again. Matt and Trey have bigger mysteries to solve.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Cristine478 wrote:As I said in my first comment of this relationship is a very thin thread

Why do you want Stan and Wendy to break up so much?
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:43 am

JVM wrote:

Assuming Season Fifteen really is the end, I don't expect it to be touched upon again. Matt and Trey have bigger mysteries to solve.

They will break up because their relationship is never that strong. Both clearly lack the passion and never hang out with one another, but when one interacts with the opposite sex, the other gets insanely jealous (this is true for both).
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:12 am

Stan and Wendy will NOT break up because Trey Parker said their love is written in the stars. I want to see them hang out again this season.
JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:16 am

John_117 wrote:
JVM wrote:

They will break up because their relationship is never that strong. Both clearly lack the passion and never hang out with one another, but when one interacts with the opposite sex, the other gets insanely jealous (this is true for both).

While you may be correct from an in-universe perspective, explain to me why you think so from the OUT-of-universe perspective.

Postby Rocky :) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:53 am

JVM
Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean by 'in-universe perspective' and 'out-of-universe perspective'. Could you elaborate please?
Cristine478

Postby Cristine478 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:19 pm

I hope that any of these things happen
1 to permanently break
2 to stay together and not separate himself
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Cristine478 wrote:I hope that any of these things happen
1 to permanently break
2 to stay together and not separate himself

I hope it's 2.
JVM

Postby JVM » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 am

Rocky :) wrote:JVM
Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you mean by 'in-universe perspective' and 'out-of-universe perspective'. Could you elaborate please?

Using "Raisins" (#714) as an example...

In-universe - Stan and Wendy broke up because Stan didn't see Wendy enough.

Out-of-universe - Stan and Wendy broke up to illustrate that relationships shouldn't control our lives.

Postby Rocky :) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 am

JVM wrote:
Rocky :) wrote:JVM

Using "Raisins" (#714) as an example...

In-universe - Stan and Wendy broke up because Stan didn't see Wendy enough.

Out-of-universe - Stan and Wendy broke up to illustrate that relationships shouldn't control our lives.

Ah right, now I get what you mean... thanks

Return to “Character Discussion”