Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:57 am

Hotcocoseeds wrote:Maybe there will be an episode of them introduce their parents each other at dinner at Stan's house. I would love to see their parents exact each other :lol:

What incredible irony, I'm currently doing a fanfic about just that (except it's not at the house.)

I'd love to see that done in an actual episode though, it's a situation that can easily be made hilarious. I don't think it's Matt and Trey's style though, unfortunately.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Brendle » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:39 am

The idea of Stan having a relationship at the age of 8/9 is ridiculous. Relationships at that age are all stupid and non-serious...just like Stan and Wendy's is.

Trey and Matt don't care about it and find the whole idea ridiculous. They think an eight-year-old boy should just be an eight-year-old boy.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:26 pm

calm down just a series :twisted:
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
John_117
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby John_117 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:54 pm

JVM wrote:
Hotcocoseeds wrote:Maybe there will be an episode of them introduce their parents each other at dinner at Stan's house. I would love to see their parents exact each other :lol:

What incredible irony, I'm currently doing a fanfic about just that (except it's not at the house.)

I'd love to see that done in an actual episode though, it's a situation that can easily be made hilarious. I don't think it's Matt and Trey's style though, unfortunately.

True, their style seems more like Stan and Kyle being the heros, Kenny being the an hero, and Cartman being there just for the lulz. It's very effective too.
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:56 pm

you're right :roll:
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Brendle wrote:The idea of Stan having a relationship at the age of 8/9 is ridiculous. Relationships at that age are all stupid and non-serious...just like Stan and Wendy's is.

Trey and Matt don't care about it and find the whole idea ridiculous. They think an eight-year-old boy should just be an eight-year-old boy.

Well if you ask me, the idea of a nine-year-old getting another kid's parents killed, then feeding them to him as chili, in revenge for not being paid money back, is ridiculous. Kids at that age are all stupid and wouldn't be able to plan those kinds of acts.

This is South Park. The impossible happens daily.

The first episode was about anal probes and aliens for f*ck's sake. As I was once told, "isn't [South Park] the show with the kid who dies in every episode?" Realism has never been Matt and Trey's priority. Their priority is being funny, whether it means basing the storylines on reality with satire and social commentary, or dealing with the supernatural and the insane.

An eight-year-old boy should be an eight-year-old boy? Okay. Find me an eight-year-old boy who's literally tried to exterminate the Jews in rallies dressed as Adolf Hitler. Find me an eight-year-old boy with a gay dog, a killer fish, an evil sister and an idiot dad. Find me an eight-year-old boy who dresses in foil and tries to destroy the world. Find me an eight-year-old boy with a mother who tried to start a war with Canada, a father addicted to cat pee, and a genius adopted Canadian brother. Find me an eight-year-old boy who dies and comes back to life every week who can afford a PSP and but eats frozen waffles for dinner.

Frankly, I find it pretty unlikely Wendy'll play a big role in Season Fifteen at all. She played small roles in two episodes of the fourteenth season, and even though I'm a big fan of her, both plots could have worked without her. The series can go on without Wendy. There's no loose end there to tie. Just because she's one of my favorite characters doesn't make her important.

I don't see why people make such a big f*cking deal out of the relationship. It's here, it's not queer, get used to it. There's no reason for them to breakup again, or to stay together. Why add more drama to something perfectly fine as it is?
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Rocky :)
Posts: 47
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:58 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Rocky :) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:47 pm

JVM wrote:
Brendle wrote:The idea of Stan having a relationship at the age of 8/9 is ridiculous. Relationships at that age are all stupid and non-serious...just like Stan and Wendy's is.

Trey and Matt don't care about it and find the whole idea ridiculous. They think an eight-year-old boy should just be an eight-year-old boy.

Well if you ask me, the idea of a nine-year-old getting another kid's parents killed, then feeding them to him as chili, in revenge for not being paid money back, is ridiculous. Kids at that age are all stupid and wouldn't be able to plan those kinds of acts.

This is South Park. The impossible happens daily.

The first episode was about anal probes and aliens for f*ck's sake. As I was once told, "isn't [South Park] the show with the kid who dies in every episode?" Realism has never been Matt and Trey's priority. Their priority is being funny, whether it means basing the storylines on reality with satire and social commentary, or dealing with the supernatural and the insane.

An eight-year-old boy should be an eight-year-old boy? Okay. Find me an eight-year-old boy who's literally tried to exterminate the Jews in rallies dressed as Adolf Hitler. Find me an eight-year-old boy with a gay dog, a killer fish, an evil sister and an idiot dad. Find me an eight-year-old boy who dresses in foil and tries to destroy the world. Find me an eight-year-old boy with a mother who tried to start a war with Canada, a father addicted to cat pee, and a genius adopted Canadian brother. Find me an eight-year-old boy who dies and comes back to life every week who can afford a PSP and but eats frozen waffles for dinner.

Frankly, I find it pretty unlikely Wendy'll play a big role in Season Fifteen at all. She played small roles in two episodes of the fourteenth season, and even though I'm a big fan of her, both plots could have worked without her. The series can go on without Wendy. There's no loose end there to tie. Just because she's one of my favorite characters doesn't make her important.

I don't see why people make such a big f*cking deal out of the relationship. It's here, it's not queer, get used to it. There's no reason for them to breakup again, or to stay together. Why add more drama to something perfectly fine as it is?


Hear hear

Guess we'll just have to wait and see when the series actually comes out. Then we'll find out whether Trey and Parker actually thought it was worth mentioning the relationship one last time or not
♥ Stan, Randy and Tweek ♥
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18927
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:38 am

JVM wrote:Well if you ask me, the idea of a nine-year-old getting another kid's parents killed, then feeding them to him as chili, in revenge for not being paid money back, is ridiculous. Kids at that age are all stupid and wouldn't be able to plan those kinds of acts.

How many fan fics have been made obsessing over that?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:02 am

Big-Will wrote:
JVM wrote:Well if you ask me, the idea of a nine-year-old getting another kid's parents killed, then feeding them to him as chili, in revenge for not being paid money back, is ridiculous. Kids at that age are all stupid and wouldn't be able to plan those kinds of acts.

How many fan fics have been made obsessing over that?

This isn't about fanfics though, this is about the show.

My point was merely you can't apply realism-based logic to South Park because nearly ALL situations in the show would be ridiculous in reality.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18927
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:14 am

And this whole thread can be considered fan fic material. Which just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:22 am

Big-Will wrote:And this whole thread can be considered fan fic material. Which just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

A thread about a subject that gets five minutes to every three seasons.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Brendle » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:01 am

JVM wrote:Well if you ask me, the idea of a nine-year-old getting another kid's parents killed, then feeding them to him as chili, in revenge for not being paid money back, is ridiculous. Kids at that age are all stupid and wouldn't be able to plan those kinds of acts.

This is South Park. The impossible happens daily.

The first episode was about anal probes and aliens for f*ck's sake. As I was once told, "isn't [South Park] the show with the kid who dies in every episode?" Realism has never been Matt and Trey's priority. Their priority is being funny, whether it means basing the storylines on reality with satire and social commentary, or dealing with the supernatural and the insane.

An eight-year-old boy should be an eight-year-old boy? Okay. Find me an eight-year-old boy who's literally tried to exterminate the Jews in rallies dressed as Adolf Hitler. Find me an eight-year-old boy with a gay dog, a killer fish, an evil sister and an idiot dad. Find me an eight-year-old boy who dresses in foil and tries to destroy the world. Find me an eight-year-old boy with a mother who tried to start a war with Canada, a father addicted to cat pee, and a genius adopted Canadian brother. Find me an eight-year-old boy who dies and comes back to life every week who can afford a PSP and but eats frozen waffles for dinner.

Yeah, except all these examples you're using have one common thing:

They're funny.

You see, Matt and Trey introduce elements of the supernatural/absurd whenever it's funny to do so. An eight-year-old boy dating an 8-year-old girl is NOT funny...it's absurd without the funny.

The whole point of Wendy/Stan's relationship is to satirize those sort of soap opera/drama shows that have romance/lovey dovey sh*t, and to, as you said, give Stan motivation to do certain things. The relationship means nothing. Trey and Matt don't care about Stan and Wendy.

Stan/Wendy is also there whenever Trey wants to make a comment on relationships in general.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Fanfics are the alternative stories, and I just wait until the season 15 to see what happens
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
John_117
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby John_117 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Zazaban wrote:
Big-Will wrote:And this whole thread can be considered fan fic material. Which just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

A thread about a subject that gets five minutes to every three seasons.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Stan/Wendy is about important as Kenny. Not very.
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Zazaban » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:36 pm

John_117 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
Big-Will wrote:And this whole thread can be considered fan fic material. Which just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

A thread about a subject that gets five minutes to every three seasons.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Stan/Wendy is about important as Kenny. Not very.

Noooo, Kenny is way more important.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests