Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Brendle » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:59 pm

John_117 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
Big-Will wrote:And this whole thread can be considered fan fic material. Which just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

A thread about a subject that gets five minutes to every three seasons.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Stan/Wendy is about important as Kenny. Not very.

Which is ironic, since the Wendy/Stan relationship was huge in the opening seasons, and Kenny was pretty big too.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:05 pm

John_117 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
Big-Will wrote:And this whole thread can be considered fan fic material. Which just adds to the ridiculousness of it all.

A thread about a subject that gets five minutes to every three seasons.

Pretty much sums it all up.

Stan/Wendy is about important as Kenny. Not very.


No, Kenny is more important
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 am

Okay, I rescind my previous statements.

Stan and Wendy should break up again because their relationship is unimportant plays no role in the series as a whole.

Which is ironic, since the Wendy/Stan relationship was huge in the opening seasons, and Kenny was pretty big too.

Important? Kenny's very minor and his only purpose has been to die. Cut out his deaths and he's about as important as Kevin Stoley.

Wendy's one of the most minor characters in South Park and she only plays a big role in about five episodes in the first two seasons.

Frankly, Wendy and Kenny are both minor characters who could be killed off and nobody would miss 'em. ('cept me, but I don't plan on watching Season Fifteen, so what's it matter?)
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Brendle » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:51 am

JVM wrote:Okay, I rescind my previous statements.

Stan and Wendy should break up again because their relationship is unimportant plays no role in the series as a whole.

Which is ironic, since the Wendy/Stan relationship was huge in the opening seasons, and Kenny was pretty big too.

Important? Kenny's very minor and his only purpose has been to die. Cut out his deaths and he's about as important as Kevin Stoley.

Wendy's one of the most minor characters in South Park and she only plays a big role in about five episodes in the first two seasons.

Frankly, Wendy and Kenny are both minor characters who could be killed off and nobody would miss 'em. ('cept me, but I don't plan on watching Season Fifteen, so what's it matter?)

Yes...Wendy is quite a significant character in the opening season of South Park. Kenny was more significant than he ever was in the opening two seasons. Ever since then, both characters have fallen by the wayside (not that Kenny was ever important to begin with).
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:59 am

Wendy was, again, only in like five episodes in the first two seasons. Anal Probe, Weight Gain 4000, Pink Eye, Tom's Rhinoplasty, Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls, Clubhouses, and Chef Aid. That's seven episodes out of thirty-one. Real impressive.

That's not being significant, that's being a recurring character.

Oh yeah, Kenny got used more in the first two seasons? Big whoop. Pip was in plenty of episodes in the first two seasons. He died, and guess who cared? Me and like five people.

Wendy and Kenny are not important to South Park at all and could easily be removed from the show with few changes.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
nwt000
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:47 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby nwt000 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:14 am

JVM wrote:Wendy was, again, only in like five episodes in the first two seasons. Anal Probe, Weight Gain 4000, Pink Eye, Tom's Rhinoplasty, Chef's Chocolate Salty Balls, Clubhouses, and Chef Aid. That's seven episodes out of thirty-one. Real impressive.

That's not being significant, that's being a recurring character.

Oh yeah, Kenny got used more in the first two seasons? Big whoop. Pip was in plenty of episodes in the first two seasons. He died, and guess who cared? Me and like five people.

Wendy and Kenny are not important to South Park at all and could easily be removed from the show with few changes.

Dude, please stop wishing death on Kenny and Wendy. Why do you hate Wendy all of a sudden now? The same goes for Kenny. They are awesome characters in my opinion. What do you have against them? You used to love supporting and minor characters and now you're a douchebag that only likes Cartman, Stan, and Kyle and wants every other kid dead. Shame on you, you have betrayed the minor character fanbase.
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:31 am

The minor character fanbase is five people.

There's a reason minor characters are minor, dude. And what's the point of caring about characters the shows' creators don't even care about? Even when Kenny died in 2002, it didn't change a thing. The fanbase remained whole, the ratings remained unchanged, and the show went on. Even the Kenny fans I know from that era tell me nobody gave a crap he died.

"I could care less about that stupid orange blob." - Matt Stone, circa 2002
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Kenny does not include is that this forum is to discuss the relationship of Stan and Wendy, NOT KENNY
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:43 pm

^ I was merely using him as an illustration of how expendable minor characters such as him and Wendy are.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:16 pm

relationship Stan and Wendy is not as important to say, but DO NOT compare
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
John_117
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby John_117 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Cristine478 wrote:relationship Stan and Wendy is not as important to say, but DO NOT compare

I would normally agree, but there is only one relationship (other than the parents, which is really obvious).
Cristine478
Posts: 336
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Cristine478 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:16 pm

finally someone who understands
I love south park
this first clip of the season 15 do not say much
Stanluv25
Posts: 2832
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:10 am

I agree with everyone is saying Stan/Wendy is not important. I think I said so before that Stan cares more about his family, friends, video games, toys, and adventure over Wendy. It's just a schoolboy crush he's grow out of. Which is why I don't ship them and don't want them together because Stan can do better.

I think people would care of Kenny or Wendy died permanently. It would be sad and shocking. I don't want to say season 6 is my fav season because of no Kenny but Butters and Tweak as his replacements were hilarious! But yeah, whatever happens happens. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
John_117
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby John_117 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:20 am

Stanluv25 wrote:I think people would care of Kenny or Wendy died permanently.

I for one, wouldn't give a crap, but such event would cause lots of lulz for SP fans. They would come to as far as stop watching just because two prop characters died off. Which is why barely anyone here likes season 6 for that reason. Remember what happened in Season 6?
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: Stan and Wendy in season 15..

Postby JVM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:38 am

Stanluv25 wrote:I agree with everyone is saying Stan/Wendy is not important. I think I said so before that Stan cares more about his family, friends, video games, toys, and adventure over Wendy. It's just a schoolboy crush he's grow out of. Which is why I don't ship them and don't want them together because Stan can do better.

I think people would care of Kenny or Wendy died permanently. It would be sad and shocking. I don't want to say season 6 is my fav season because of no Kenny but Butters and Tweak as his replacements were hilarious! But yeah, whatever happens happens. :)

People wouldn't care, trust me.

When Kenny died in Season 6, ratings did not change. Few fans were angered or even cared. As a matter-of-a-fact one of my buddies from the era told me they got banned from South Park forums for complaining about it. The only real issue was a negative fan reaction to Butters Stotch replacing him, which is why Tweek came in for a while. I'm not sure what the f*ck happened, but Matt and Trey decided they wanted to bring back Kenny, but from the commentaries, it seems to be an independent decision.

Now let's look at Wendy. Unlike Kenny, she has no running gags or vague kind-of cultural significance. She on average plays a role in one or two episodes a season and the only exception to this rule is the first season, you know, the one nobody likes? The majority of South Park fans hate her anyway. Frankly, if she just stopped appearing, nobody would ever notice.

Stan and Wendy's relationship has only ever been important to the series in one way: motivation. Let's look at her most recent appearance in "Insheeption" (#1410) - Wendy calls in the specialists because of Stan's hoarding problem and motivates him into rehab. Let's take a look at another episode - fan-favorite "Elementary School Musical" (#1213). Wendy's main role is to push Stan to help out Bridon. Motivation for plot. She's not a very useful character in her own right.

The characters are nine. Chances are in ten years, none of them will even know each other anymore. None of the parents seem to have a history with each other excluding between the husbands and wives themselves per example. The only exception is Stuart and Gerald's friendship, but that was written during Season 2 and thus might not be Matt and Trey's word. (Season 2 is the only one where a number of other writers were involved.)

Frankly, I think anyone who ships Stan/Wendy is about as stupid as anyone who ships any of the boys with each other.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests