The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Ex1lepr0
Posts: 3185
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu May 05, 2011 12:32 am

I used to not like Cartman, but he's like cancer. He grows on you. :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Zazaban » Thu May 05, 2011 3:17 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:I used to not like Cartman, but he's like cancer. He grows on you. :lol:

Yes, it is horrible and wonder at the same time, isn't it?
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Ex1lepr0
Posts: 3185
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:17 pm

Zazaban wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:I used to not like Cartman, but he's like cancer. He grows on you. :lol:

Yes, it is horrible and wonder at the same time, isn't it?


Agreed. Now if I want to see one thing out of Cartman this season, we need another Cartman v. Kenny like in the Mysterion trilogy.
Can't we all just get along?
ASkix
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby ASkix » Sat May 07, 2011 5:33 am

GO AHEAD MOM F*CK ME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ex1lepr0
Posts: 3185
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:47 am

ASkix wrote:GO AHEAD MOM F*CK ME :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Tomorrow's Mother's Day. Is that your gift to her? :)
Can't we all just get along?
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby JVM » Mon May 16, 2011 7:20 am

Cartman's kind of cool, but I miss the old days when Cartman had an underlying sweetness beneath his assh*le exterior. But those days are long gone, and these days Cartman's shown to care about absolutely nothing but himself, not even his mother or friends. It just really disappoints me how he's gone from a sweet, naive eight-year-old boy to an evil mastermind who's one Jew away from world domination.

Regardless, he's still the most entertaining character in South Park and unfortunately his plots and episodes usually end up the best, even if from a universe perspective it's shocking he's even alive.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
Stanluv25
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 am

^ I agree. He isn't 'evil' to Stan and they can get along away from Kyle, and he hangs with Kenny and Butters too, but actual sweetness... hm... but you never know what to expect from him so... :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Ex1lepr0
Posts: 3185
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:06 am

Cartman is still ridiculously hilarious, but I miss all of his plans to get $10 million. If you were to ask me, Cartman's best episode has to be "Probably". I mean, using religious fear to get money from confused children? That's pretty low. :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
John_117
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby John_117 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:17 am

I think he was best in "Jared Has Aides" like the way he got Butters in trouble...
Ex1lepr0
Posts: 3185
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue May 17, 2011 1:30 am

John_117 wrote:I think he was best in "Jared Has Aides" like the way he got Butters in trouble...


That was pretty good, Cartman has a lot of great moments everywhere, it's hard to pick a favorite. 8)
Can't we all just get along?
JVM
Posts: 1076
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:34 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby JVM » Tue May 17, 2011 3:23 am

Stanluv25 wrote:^ I agree. He isn't 'evil' to Stan and they can get along away from Kyle, and he hangs with Kenny and Butters too, but actual sweetness... hm... but you never know what to expect from him so... :)

Yeah. It's hard to tell with those sort of moments. I'd love to see some more moments with Cartman as an actual human being just having fun with Stan or Kenny or whatever. Those moments remind me why Cartman was/is such a great complex character. Really it seems now though Cartman's incapable of doing anything even SMALL unless it somehow benefits him.

I guess the best example is "Kenny Dies" - the implication by the end of the episode is that Cartman was faking the entire time just to sell his dead fetuses. Even after telling Kenny he's his best friend and crying with Kyle, it's all shown to pretty much be an act, even when he didn't need to be acting.

Another good example? "201" - he feels zero remorse for killing his own father. No, what he cares about is that his father was a Ginger. It was a funny scene and I saw it coming but at the same time it still shows the way Cartman's developed as a character, or more the way he hasn't.

It just feels like Cartman's character has shrank instead of grown. I try to use my psychological profile for him to explain this stuff but in all honesty his heartlessness annoys me to no end.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
AnaAlex
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:06 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby AnaAlex » Tue May 17, 2011 4:15 pm

His acting is amazing!I can only say about this character-GOOD JOB!!!!!!He is nutty,spoiled,bad,but it's so cute.His opposite character Kyle is gorgeous,too.They take care of one beautiful balance in the show!
Stanluv25
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:45 am

JVM wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:^ I agree. He isn't 'evil' to Stan and they can get along away from Kyle, and he hangs with Kenny and Butters too, but actual sweetness... hm... but you never know what to expect from him so... :)

Yeah. It's hard to tell with those sort of moments. I'd love to see some more moments with Cartman as an actual human being just having fun with Stan or Kenny or whatever. Those moments remind me why Cartman was/is such a great complex character. Really it seems now though Cartman's incapable of doing anything even SMALL unless it somehow benefits him.

I guess the best example is "Kenny Dies" - the implication by the end of the episode is that Cartman was faking the entire time just to sell his dead fetuses. Even after telling Kenny he's his best friend and crying with Kyle, it's all shown to pretty much be an act, even when he didn't need to be acting.

Another good example? "201" - he feels zero remorse for killing his own father. No, what he cares about is that his father was a Ginger. It was a funny scene and I saw it coming but at the same time it still shows the way Cartman's developed as a character, or more the way he hasn't.

It just feels like Cartman's character has shrank instead of grown. I try to use my psychological profile for him to explain this stuff but in all honesty his heartlessness annoys me to no end.


Yeah, Cartman playing with Stan, Kenny, and Butters (well... kinda lol) does show that even if he is a spoiled brat, he does care about his friends. And his friends care enough about him to want to do stuff with him. I think it is a great contrast to how Eric is with Kyle. He never has done anything with him without one of the other boys present. But ya, showing him with the others shows Cartman has a bit of heart. :)

I love how human he seemed to be in Kenny Dies too. He wanted to find a way to save his friend. Even though he had his own thing to gain, in general, he was upset about Kenny's prognosis before he learned he could make his own Shakey's Pizza.

I find it hilarious how he is more upset his is part ginger than he was responsible for his father's death, but it is very inhumane. I really want to see more small but meaningful Cartman moments that are not bent out on evil deeds. :?
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
John_117
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby John_117 » Wed May 18, 2011 2:00 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
JVM wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:^ I agree. He isn't 'evil' to Stan and they can get along away from Kyle, and he hangs with Kenny and Butters too, but actual sweetness... hm... but you never know what to expect from him so... :)

Yeah. It's hard to tell with those sort of moments. I'd love to see some more moments with Cartman as an actual human being just having fun with Stan or Kenny or whatever. Those moments remind me why Cartman was/is such a great complex character. Really it seems now though Cartman's incapable of doing anything even SMALL unless it somehow benefits him.

I guess the best example is "Kenny Dies" - the implication by the end of the episode is that Cartman was faking the entire time just to sell his dead fetuses. Even after telling Kenny he's his best friend and crying with Kyle, it's all shown to pretty much be an act, even when he didn't need to be acting.

Another good example? "201" - he feels zero remorse for killing his own father. No, what he cares about is that his father was a Ginger. It was a funny scene and I saw it coming but at the same time it still shows the way Cartman's developed as a character, or more the way he hasn't.

It just feels like Cartman's character has shrank instead of grown. I try to use my psychological profile for him to explain this stuff but in all honesty his heartlessness annoys me to no end.


Yeah, Cartman playing with Stan, Kenny, and Butters (well... kinda lol) does show that even if he is a spoiled brat, he does care about his friends. And his friends care enough about him to want to do stuff with him. I think it is a great contrast to how Eric is with Kyle. He never has done anything with him without one of the other boys present. But ya, showing him with the others shows Cartman has a bit of heart. :)

I love how human he seemed to be in Kenny Dies too. He wanted to find a way to save his friend. Even though he had his own thing to gain, in general, he was upset about Kenny's prognosis before he learned he could make his own Shakey's Pizza.

I find it hilarious how he is more upset his is part ginger than he was responsible for his father's death, but it is very inhumane. I really want to see more small but meaningful Cartman moments that are not bent out on evil deeds. :?

I'm one of those people who like seeing him as an evil mastermind. Sure, it's not realistic and M&T might have overdone it, but his evil deeds and heartlessness is what drives the show and what makes it comedy, not pure drama.

To all cartman haters: Kill Cartman = show killed
Stanluv25
Posts: 2834
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 am

Re: The Official Cartman Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed May 18, 2011 9:09 pm

^ I love the evil mastermind too, but a dash of reality is nothing bad either. We need more of the human side in Cartman, not evil 'genius'. And of course without Cartman the show would suck. But take away any character and the show wouldn't be the same. Then again, season 6 is my fav and Kenny was not in it...

:roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Character Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests