The Official Kenny Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

twang1512

Re: The Official Kenny Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby twang1512 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:13 am

the problem is that.... kenny speaking muffled is part of him, if we removed that muffle, it would be stan allover again (presuming kennys voice is a higher pitched of stans) so kenny nNEEDS to be muffled or else its not kenny... lol :unhoodedkenny: :unhoodedkenny: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
twang1512

Postby twang1512 » Tue May 17, 2011 2:16 am

and ya.... it was not coincidence cause when i asked tht question i wanted to kno by implying how many ppl kno wat kenny actually looks like without his hood.....lol its funny

:unhoodedkenny: :lol: :lol: :timmy: timmy!
JVM

Postby JVM » Tue May 17, 2011 3:31 am

Kenny's had plenty of development. We just got three entire episodes that deal with him and expand his character in ways we haven't seen in nearly a decade. He's got a fine amount of character traits and has quite a number of recent episodes under his belt. It's not as if this is Season 10 or 11 where we haven't heard more than three sentences out of him in years.

I'd love to see more Kenny episodes, don't get me wrong, I love Kenny, but I'd like to see him interact with his family in the same way we see Stan interacting with Randy and Kyle with Ike and Cartman with his mom. It could open up a whole new window of usage for him and give Kenny a motivation in the same way Wendy motivates Stan in some episodes, Ike motivates Kyle, etc.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:18 am

twang1512 wrote:and ya.... it was not coincidence cause when i asked tht question i wanted to kno by implying how many ppl kno wat kenny actually looks like without his hood.....lol its funny

:unhoodedkenny: :lol: :lol: :timmy: timmy!

I didn't say anything about removing the hood at all, in fact, you don't need to remove the hood and still speak clearly.

If you were to cover your mouth with a piece of cloth, I bet your speech could still be understood.

Exactly.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Tue May 17, 2011 4:40 pm

I've heard that Matt Stone holds the sleeve of his sweatshirt over his mouth while recording Kenny, so the muffled effect is genuine. It probably gets even less intelligible when it's sped up.

It would be difficult to see Kenny just interacting with his family, due to aforementioned problems of understandability. We have gotten to see him talking to his parents under the guise of Mysterion, and clearly the relationship isn't a good one. Maybe we'll get to see more interaction like that. I would personally like to see Mysterion again; he adds a great deal to Kenny's range and character.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue May 17, 2011 5:37 pm

Kenny actually isn't as badly developed as people say. If you take all the episodes he's been prominent in and watched them back to back you'd get a pretty clear idea about him. I'd like to see him used more, he's a good character.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:55 am

Zazaban wrote:Kenny actually isn't as badly developed as people say. If you take all the episodes he's been prominent in and watched them back to back you'd get a pretty clear idea about him. I'd like to see him used more, he's a good character.

So just standing around next to the other three waiting to die is being "prominent"?
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu May 19, 2011 12:37 am

John_117 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:Kenny actually isn't as badly developed as people say. If you take all the episodes he's been prominent in and watched them back to back you'd get a pretty clear idea about him. I'd like to see him used more, he's a good character.

So just standing around next to the other three waiting to die is being "prominent"?

It's certainly distinctive. :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 pm

John_117 wrote:

No, I am referring to the epsiodes where he does do something. They exist.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
twang1512

Postby twang1512 » Fri May 20, 2011 3:45 pm

the muffled effect is genuine (this is confirmed), stone actually speaks into his hand, causing a muffled effect trai it by urself!
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:59 pm

John_117 wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:^And get high, and strangle himself while jacking off, and fight crime, and play drums, and sing opera music, and sacrifice himself for his friends and, well, you get my point. Kenny's my favorite because unlike the other characters, we're still learning about him. He's still mysterious. 8)

I'm cool with hiding the face thing, but the muffled voice?

Just asking everyone here this: How muffled is your voice when you wear any kind of mask?

Like really, I think it's the voice that limits character. You barely understands what he says, thus limiting his character even more. Also, M&T says it's to "get past the censors"...well, how the hell does it get past the censors if you can't even understand a word he says?

Kenny is based on a kid Trey knew in school. He said Kenny wore a hoodie and when he would talk, nobody could understand wtf he was saying. So the muffled voice is an exaggeration. And think about it... when you wear a hoodie... do you cover everything but your eyes? If you covered your mouth with a hoodie, and the draw strings were pulled that tight, you'd be difficult to understand too.
MeKenny

Postby MeKenny » Thu May 26, 2011 10:34 pm

I dress like Kenny every day. He is my life... The rindg was my fav episode.
dusty506

Postby dusty506 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:55 pm

Kenny is the best simple. :unhoodedkenny:
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 am

MeKenny wrote:I dress like Kenny every day. He is my life... The rindg was my fav episode.

Dude, I like Kenny too, but you seriously need to chill out.
Can't we all just get along?
John_117

Postby John_117 » Tue May 31, 2011 11:03 pm

cynthia325 wrote:
John_117 wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:^And get high, and strangle himself while jacking off, and fight crime, and play drums, and sing opera music, and sacrifice himself for his friends and, well, you get my point. Kenny's my favorite because unlike the other characters, we're still learning about him. He's still mysterious. 8)

I'm cool with hiding the face thing, but the muffled voice?

Just asking everyone here this: How muffled is your voice when you wear any kind of mask?

Like really, I think it's the voice that limits character. You barely understands what he says, thus limiting his character even more. Also, M&T says it's to "get past the censors"...well, how the hell does it get past the censors if you can't even understand a word he says?

Kenny is based on a kid Trey knew in school. He said Kenny wore a hoodie and when he would talk, nobody could understand wtf he was saying. So the muffled voice is an exaggeration. And think about it... when you wear a hoodie... do you cover everything but your eyes? If you covered your mouth with a hoodie, and the draw strings were pulled that tight, you'd be difficult to understand too.

But you really don't know what he's saying. He could be saying something really funny and you wouldn't get it because no one can understand.

Return to “Character Discussion”