The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanluv25

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:52 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
HAcoreRD wrote:I'm guessing Stan's going to subplot most of the season, or subplot this episode until M&T get the creative juices flowing again. Can't have an amazing build up (Kenny dies) and a poor solution/execution (Kenny's return in Red Sleigh Down).

So help me if it's true. Stan had such little screen time in the first run, now more than ever we need to see more of him. His life is a mess right now! All the focus needs to be taken off Eric and Randy and even Butters for once and put on STAN.

Nervous about Wed and how much screen time Stan gets. Should be a lot, hopefully. But Cartman's story sounds so stupid!
UGH. :cartmanko'd:

Agreed. I feel on paper that they already did this with Tourettes, and after getting AIDs Cartman shouldn't want to fake this stuff, unless he's doing it in a taunting manner, like making fun of it like Breast Cancer. The preview mentions Kyle and Kenny tailing Cartman, but doesn't mention Butters or Wendy, so it's likely we'll watch Stan with the rainy cloud over his head for 6 minutes, and Kyle and Kenny will probably find that without Stan as the voice of reason, they need him back. But, this is all speculation of course!

I found it interesting Butters wasn't a part of what was going on in YGO either. It really was about the four original boys. I hardly think Butters is upset with Stan, he has no real reason to be. So maybe he's one of the few people who aren't sh*t to Stan yet. Hopefully it doesn't take long for them to realize Stan's needed in the group- even Cartman admits it. Let's hope this ass burger thing is indeed related to curing Stan!! Let's have the happy Stan, Cartman, Butters, Kyle, Kenny group back! :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:48 pm

So I have a question to ask. Is Mr. Mackey looking like sh*t to Stan. After all he is going to him for help. I think Mr. Mackey might look normal to Stan, cause remember Stan disagreed with the doctor that diagnosed him with cynicism. Maybe now he's accepted that, or just wants advice from Mr. Mackey about his parents divorce. Tell me what you think.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:53 pm

^ I was wondering the same thing. I think the only person who would still seem normal to Stan is his mom. Just because, you know, she's his mother lol. I mean someone has to look normal to him in order to help.

I wanna know who Mackey is talking to and why he looks worried!! Maybe Stan has to accept things for how they are now and therefore he doesn't see the world as sh*tty. I wanna know what Stan does to try and turn his life around that backfires. It will be sad to see him try and fail and fixing things. :(

Haa, I love that line.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:19 am

I think Mackey will be talking to Kyle, which will propel him towards helping Cartman, and possibly mentioning how miserable Stan is. We don't know how much time passed between episodes in South Park time. It could've been 1 week, or 4 months.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:56 am

^ Probably no more than a week. They aren't ones to allow time to fly by. I doubt Stan would go through months of feeling and seeing sh*t without any intervention.

I'm excited to find out when all will be well again. How long will it take for Stan to get better? All is well tomorrow or the next eppy or the rest of the season??

Haa, I love that line.
kickass1990

Postby kickass1990 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:44 am

calm the f*ck down people :lol: the new episode looks fly!
Sawkicksass1201

Postby Sawkicksass1201 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:49 am

it would be cool if stan and cartman swap roles of being the assh*le :)
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:35 am

I've been waiting 118 nights for this! XD
whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:49 am

I BETTER see at LEAST 10 minutes of stan story tonight. or else bad things will happen....verry bad things.
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:49 am

So.... yeah, Stan likes to drink. I mean who could have guessed it, *cough*dad drinks*cough*. Also their was a little Stan friend fluff for Kyle, stupidly funny. I like the Matrix tie-in, was cool! So all in all, the episode turned out better than expected, Stan is back to normal. One problem I know Stanluv25 is going to flip out about, Stan's parents getting back together. But I say this, what do you expect, you heard it from 60 minutes, they were going to f*ck Stan with that in the end anyway. I would have liked to see Stan grow up and South Park change, but who are we kidding ourselves, they have to be funny not serious!
Anywho, I say it was a great STAN eppy, cheers f*ckface!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:19 am

I was pleased with the move for Stan's character. Though Stan's going to be piss drunk all his life. I was very happy to see him tell Kyle off, then drunkingly tell him he loved him. Though seriously, damn Kyle.
John_117

Postby John_117 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:02 am

For a moment of watching this episode, I thought Stan's cynicism would remain, but it didn't. Now I really feel screwed over.

But as long as you're happy, I'm happy.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:54 am

Well, it was great in general. Easily the best Stan episode on a long while. Truly wish the parents had stayed divorced.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:48 am

ShaneHaughey wrote:Well, it was great in general. Easily the best Stan episode on a long while. Truly wish the parents had stayed divorced.

I did agree with why they went back together. They're probably in their 40's and finding love at that age is harder. Stick with what you got, what you built.

Though it is kind of weird. Divorces are a big thing nowadays, yet there really is no seperated parents in South Park. Minus Stan's twice.
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:55 am

I thought it was a hilarious episode. Loved the parts when Stan flipped out at his class and was drunk to Kyle. Totally awesome episode.

Return to “Character Discussion”