The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

maxbjr

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby maxbjr » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Thought the episode was great, not what I expected, but great anyway. I like the apparant shift in Stan's charactor. And as much as I like Kyle, I think it finally was time for Stan to tell him off for bailing on him, (however drunk he was.) It remains to be seen if Stan developes a drinking problem, or if it was a one episode thing. As for Stans parents getting back together, well I'd like to see Stan developement after the divorce but I can see why they'd want to keep a useful idot like Randy around as a plot device.

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:37 pm

it was meh for me, but i liked how stan got drunk and was swearing at kyle. but the speech he announced i'm like what!??? no way. but i really enjoyed that little moment with wendy and stan.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:54 pm

I really do not see Stan developing a drinking problem. I think that final swig of Jameson Irish Whiskey was a closing joke. I think I mentioned that before.

Stan being drunk was kind of heartbreaking to see, yet sort of funny at the same time.

We also got to see him naked for the first time since I think Season 7 (Lil' Crime Stoppers)

Sorry if that's TMI
Stan and Kyle :)
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:01 pm

The first shots of Stan from the very beginning to the point where he goes to the aspergers group session made me go "awe poor Stan" he looked so sad and miserable. I have never felt sorry for a SP character before... well except Ike when the princess of Canada was stolen.. that just broke my heart.

But yeah, Stan stole the show last night!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm

Not to be a perv, but Stan's kinda plump
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4008/stanshower.png
Stan and Kyle :)
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Perv.

JK.

Great Stan episode. Don't understand a single complain leveled about it regarding Stan.
That's how it's down here on the farm!

Postby 203177 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:20 pm

i can't see stan developing an alcohol problem. and not to go off topic but who is that chicken? and which fast food place is he from.

maxbjr

Postby maxbjr » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:31 pm

203177 wrote:i can't see stan developing an alcohol problem. and not to go off topic but who is that chicken? and which fast food place is he from.

Chic-Fil-Lay, they're usually found inside malls. Thats my best guess anyways.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:15 pm

kfgg wrote:Not to be a perv, but Stan's kinda plump
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4008/stanshower.png

lol! The kids always look a lil' plump, even in their normal clothes. They just don't grow into their bodies until like, age 15 lol. Stan showering with his beanie still on... I say he was so sad and lost in the world he didn't even realize it was on his head. He takes his hat off the most after Eric so..

Fantastic Stan eppy- soooo happy it was indeed a Stan episode and had very little Cartman. By the sounds of it Stan was going to have the B story.

My heart just broke for him the first 5 min! He looked so so sad. And he was crying when in Mackey's office! My poor poor baby. :cartmancry:

There were so many cute shots of Stan last night, can't wait to capture them all. Sucks that he looked so cute, messed up, drunk, hat tossled, jacket undone, firing a gun, puking, and passing out. :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:27 am

the best stan moment in my opinion is when he got drunk. its the highlight of the ep i want that shot now!

whatwouldwedo W/o SP

Postby whatwouldwedo W/o SP » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:34 am

This is simular to my post in 1508 post air. But it all pertains to Stan. Sorry if this is considered spam or double posting I just don't wanted to type it all again

Now the tough part.... This will provost be a wall but stick with me, it's worth it!
I am soo very disappointed.... Why you may ask? The devolopement. So they pulled the 360 back to 1506 episode. Which is exactly what I didn't want them to do.

It was so close it was in grasp. Stans speech was perfect. It could all change. Yet it could still be south park! Let's face it people, no matter how many times M&T deny it. They are starting to get bored with SP. It needed change! It was like that was the plan the whole time. Then M&T just pussied out and said leave it the same it's decent that way.

The shallow fans will love this. The fans that enjoy development. Not so much /: I truly am disappointed. Even M&T expressed through Sharon "" that even if something is sh*tty stick with what you know."".

It's almost as if something is stoping them from changing SP. Like they want to but are to afraid. But I hope to Gawd they do!
Right now south park is a 9/10 show
They need to take that chance. TREY NEEDS TO MAKE THAT STEP!
They don't understand what they have here. It's more than an average animated comedy. They have fans like no other. They have a following. A religion if you will. This is South park. And although a lot of ppl tune into to see Randy and cartmen do stupid deep sh*t. Many people want to have a deeper meaning the episode that make you smile. Not laugh. The friendship the youthful feeling. And Trey need to take that blind leap of faith. South park is winding down. We all know it won't/shouldn't last 30 years.
all I can say is
M&T go for it. Take the jump and aim 4 the bushes. The fans will always b here

Do not be afraid.
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:46 am

maxbjr wrote:
203177 wrote:i can't see stan developing an alcohol problem. and not to go off topic but who is that chicken? and which fast food place is he from.

Chic-Fil-Lay, they're usually found inside malls. Thats my best guess anyways.

ChicK-Fil-A, but it should have been a cow, since in the ChicK-Fil-A commercials, the cows always insist that you eat chicken instead of beef - so that the cows can live. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 am

It's too bad Burger King retired the King, that would have been funny with the Chick Fil-A Chicken :P

Back on subject: Stan honestly looked more drunk in the first 5 mins than he did WHEN he was drunk. I mean, seriously who wears a beanie in the shower?? He was looking at his waffles as if they were poison. Poor kid. It almost helped him to get drunk after what he'd been through.

I think Stan's last sip was symbolism that things would be more back to normal...if you wanna call South Park normal :P Meh, I think I'm too tired to explain this right now :|
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:44 am

Stan's speech at the end was great! Although I would have loved him to start it off with 'you know, I learned something today....' it would have been a wonderful throwback to old Stan!! But I don't like how open he was to new friendships. To even think of bailing out on Kyle visa/versa.... my god you two are SBFs!! You saved his life! He needs yours! You can't throw that away and to even hear him say that.... but it should have been Kyle apologizing. I was not happy with him again. Stan did no wrong in YGO. And in AB he just said 'feck it' to Stan again and didn't seem interested at all in helping him or cared he 'had' an illness. It was just 'Stan's too depressing. I can't be around him. It's all on him. I did nothing wrong. Whatev.' Gggrrr frikkin' Jew.

I feel M&T wussed out too. Their words were in Sharon's: sticking with what you know. They did not want to see what fun opportunities were there if they stayed divorced. They just wanted to fix things hastily and get the show to the way it was. *sigh*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Postby 203177 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:55 pm

i so thought that they were gonna be separated for good until randy said that they were back together. i really thought it was the end of the ep when he said he will find a new bf.

Return to “Character Discussion”