The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

HAcoreRD

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby HAcoreRD » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 am

AwesomeSouthPark wrote:Stan is the normal boy in south park because you got Eric who likes Hitler and Kenny cannot die.

Eric and Kenny are as extreme as the kids can go in South Park.
MJSwagg

Postby MJSwagg » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:13 pm

Stan's the most neutral dude out there.
He has the best Dad in the show. :unhoodedkenny:
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:44 am

^ By best I hope you mean funniest. Because his dad is def. not the best. He's an idiot who treats his family like sh*t. :roll:

Oh Stanley... what's to become of you come Oct?? :cartmanoooh:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
The Silver Banana

Postby The Silver Banana » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:34 am

They may be able to keep Randy divorced and keep the showing going, but there's no way Stan can stay like this. It'll work if they ignore him for six episodes, but after that, something has to happen. ...or they have to get new opening credits.

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:39 am

The Silver Banana wrote:They may be able to keep Randy divorced and keep the showing going, but there's no way Stan can stay like this. It'll work if they ignore him for six episodes, but after that, something has to happen. ...or they have to get new opening credits.

It'd be interesting if they do phase Stan out. They always talked about how Stan/Kyle were so close (character wise) in Season 5 that they considered killing Kyle off. Now what if they took Stan out and Kyle took his role as neutral party/Cartman conflict?
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:18 am

The Silver Banana wrote:They may be able to keep Randy divorced and keep the showing going, but there's no way Stan can stay like this. It'll work if they ignore him for six episodes, but after that, something has to happen. ...or they have to get new opening credits.

Did anybody say "divorce."? That was the most vague ending of an episode I've ever seen in my life. "You seem sh*tty to me" "You seem sh*tty to me too"

Who knows what could have been said after that.
"We're having a divorce"
"This house is sh*tty, let's move"

The only thing that's certain is that Stan moved from his house into what looked like a condo and that the original version of "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac is better than the live version from "The Dance" tour.
Stan and Kyle :)
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:40 am

That's what's interesting, no one did say divorce. It seems like something M&T can play off of and fool us once again somehow. :roll: But still... how could they still be together after they openly admitted they don't want to be together anymore??

ARGH! So many questions, Oct 5 hurry up!!!

Haa, I love that line.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:57 am

Stanluv25 wrote:!!!

What's happened to your avatar???
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:06 pm

Stanluv25 wrote:That's what's interesting, no one did say divorce. It seems like something M&T can play off of and fool us once again somehow. :roll: But still... how could they still be together after they openly admitted they don't want to be together anymore??

They never said they didn't want to be together either

They just said "You seem sh*tty to me. Yeah you seem sh*tty to me too. People get older Randy."

Anything could have been said after that "People get older Randy, maybe we need get away from here. Get another house. Start over"

It's so vague.
Stan and Kyle :)
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:38 pm

they've had other little fights before, this seems the most major (not resolved at the end of the episode) but that doesn't mean it won't end in part 2. Plus he said kyle seemed sh*tty after everyoene else, he's the last person to seem sh*tty in the world to him.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Starnz

Postby Starnz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:08 am

Hope him and Randy are back!
moosewhisperer1

Postby moosewhisperer1 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:45 am

Stan is a cynical assh*le. I like Stan though so its weird. Stan episodes give me nightmares sometimes.
-Andrew
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:56 am

kfgg wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:That's what's interesting, no one did say divorce. It seems like something M&T can play off of and fool us once again somehow. :roll: But still... how could they still be together after they openly admitted they don't want to be together anymore??

They never said they didn't want to be together either

They just said "You seem sh*tty to me. Yeah you seem sh*tty to me too. People get older Randy."

Anything could have been said after that "People get older Randy, maybe we need get away from here. Get another house. Start over"

Yeah, except what was in fact said after that was, "People grow apart." That's only mildly vague, in that it's not an explicit statement of, "We've grown apart and I'm done with this." But a lot of people don't talk like that, they kind of dance around the issues. Replace "people" with "we" and it becomes really not vague at all.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:30 am

How do we know that there will even be a part two, this could very well be permanent. I do find one suspicious clue in the episode. Stan asked Kyle to notice that it wasn't him who had changed, but rather the world. Did anybody else find that to be suspicious?
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:17 am

@ Richard: what do you mean? My expressions don't work on my avatar but that's it.

I don't think the conversation was that vague. For me anyhow it seemed obvious Sharon and Randy broke it off for good. It didn't seem like a simple 'let's start things over in a new house' kind of thing. If so, why was Stan so upset and sad at the end?? I'm pretty sure the news on his parents hurt almost, if not as much as the news his friends didn't want to hang with him anymore.

YYAAAAA we have a season 16 and 17!!! Stan has to get better by then haha.

Haa, I love that line.

Return to “Character Discussion”