The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

bigbonened69

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby bigbonened69 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:34 am

Stan is my favourite character and i am going to be pissed off if they cut him out because of that thing that happens to him in season 15...

Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:00 pm

^ Stan's not going to be cut. They won't have 2 and 1/2 more seasons to write that are Stan-less. There would be no point in making a season 15B, 16, and 17 if Stan was not a part of it. :D

I have 200% confidence Stan is not dead. We shall see him, very sad, depressed, broken perhaps when 15B kicks off but he shall be back. 8)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:15 am

Stanluv25 wrote:^ Stan's not going to be cut. They won't have 2 and 1/2 more seasons to write that are Stan-less. There would be no point in making a season 15B, 16, and 17 if Stan was not a part of it. :D

I have 200% confidence Stan is not dead. We shall see him, very sad, depressed, broken perhaps when 15B kicks off but he shall be back. 8)

agreed. Stan is too major a character to be wrote out all together. Just don't be shocked if they pull a Cartman's dad and make us wait until 1509 to find what happens to Stan, seeing as they stirred the fan base up.

Stan won't be written out, worse case scenario: His role in minimized. If he's out longer than 1509 they may push another character in his place, similiar to Butters taking Pip's role, or Kyle taking Wendy's.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:27 am

I love these talks, they help me think of great things. I agree with Stanluv that Stan is most likely not dead, it would be interesting to see, but would ultimately kill the show. Besides, Eric or Kenny are more likely to die, Stan and Kyle are just a portrayal of M&T; they also represent kids nowadays. Kenny and Eric are the extreme children, who really don't have much to offer in the real world, except for a very few, their personalities on the other hand do. So no, Stan is definitely not going to die.

I would like to see Stan be fixed with Kyle's help, a "Lean on Me" theme would be sweet. I can picture it now. If that's not the choice, I guess he'll be put on anti-depression medicine (or a medicine for Cynical as*holes) like Lisa Simpson.

You can't ignore it, so I guess you'll have to oppose it.
Also, tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't South Park on Comedy Central, so don't shows on that channel have to be funny. Yay or nay? The only way M&T made "You're Getting Old" funny was by spewing sh*t. So how do you make the next episode funny? Do the same thing again? I love dramatic SP episodes that aren't funny, but I know M&T can't just stop being funny and get all cereal on us.

So tell me forum, how do you take the depressing end of the last episode and start out in the next one by being funny, please tell me.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:03 pm

RichardV1150 wrote:I love these talks, they help me think of great things. I agree with Stanluv that Stan is most likely not dead, it would be interesting to see, but would ultimately kill the show. Besides, Eric or Kenny are more likely to die, Stan and Kyle are just a portrayal of M&T; they also represent kids nowadays. Kenny and Eric are the extreme children, who really don't have much to offer in the real world, except for a very few, their personalities on the other hand do. So no, Stan is definitely not going to die.

I would like to see Stan be fixed with Kyle's help, a "Lean on Me" theme would be sweet. I can picture it now. If that's not the choice, I guess he'll be put on anti-depression medicine (or a medicine for Cynical as*holes) like Lisa Simpson.

Also, tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't South Park on Comedy Central, so don't shows on that channel have to be funny. Yay or nay? The only way M&T made "You're Getting Old" funny was by spewing sh*t. So how do you make the next episode funny? Do the same thing again? I love dramatic SP episodes that aren't funny, but I know M&T can't just stop being funny and get all cereal on us.

So tell me forum, how do you take the depressing end of the last episode and start out in the next one by being funny, please tell me.

I don't even think Stan's role will be minimized. By lessening his role it still kills the show and is just as bad as writing Stan out in general. If Stan had a smaller role that would mean he is still no longer friends with Kyle, Cartman, Butters, and Kenny. That his life is most likely still screwed up and he is still depressed. What would be Stan's role in SP if it were reduced? There would be no point in Stan staying if he didn't do things with the other boys. There would be no adventure, no common sense, no anything. So Stan has to have as big a role as ever, if not more so. :)

And I like the feel 'You're Getting Old' had. It's great when something that's main purpose is to make people laugh touches on serious notes. It shows a great side and perspective not seen often in the show. So as sad as it is, I do enjoy the feel it has.

And I also have Stan on anti-depressant medication. At least for now until he loves life again :) It should help a little. ;)

Haa, I love that line.
JDEDJR

Postby JDEDJR » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:34 am

The worst case scenario, in my opinion, is that Butters replaces Stan. I love Butters and all, but episodes centered around him suck. There needs to be more Kenny episodes too. He, though is a major character, plays a surprisingly small role in the plot of the show. I could in confidence say that Kenny, as far as plot contribution goes, is subordinate to Randy, Sharon, or even Craig! He is about at the same level as Ike. I digress, either way, with the new assurance that South Park will extend until 2013, it is certainly impossible to write Stan out. Well, not impossible as a spin off(please God no don't go the way of The Cleavland Show, it sucks donkey balls) is a small possibility.

P.S. My favorite Character is Mr. Derp

P.S.S. Derp!!!
JDEDJR

Postby JDEDJR » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:38 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
RichardV1150 wrote:I love these talks, they help me think of great things. I agree with Stanluv that Stan is most likely not dead, it would be interesting to see, but would ultimately kill the show. Besides, Eric or Kenny are more likely to die, Stan and Kyle are just a portrayal of M&T; they also represent kids nowadays. Kenny and Eric are the extreme children, who really don't have much to offer in the real world, except for a very few, their personalities on the other hand do. So no, Stan is definitely not going to die.

I don't even think Stan's role will be minimized. By lessening his role it still kills the show and is just as bad as writing Stan out in general. If Stan had a smaller role that would mean he is still no longer friends with Kyle, Cartman, Butters, and Kenny. That his life is most likely still screwed up and he is still depressed. What would be Stan's role in SP if it were reduced? There would be no point in Stan staying if he didn't do things with the other boys. There would be no adventure, no common sense, no anything. So Stan has to have as big a role as ever, if not more so. :)

And I like the feel 'You're Getting Old' had. It's great when something that's main purpose is to make people laugh touches on serious notes. It shows a great side and perspective not seen often in the show. So as sad as it is, I do enjoy the feel it has.

And I also have Stan on anti-depressant medication. At least for now until he loves life again :) It should help a little. ;)

This would be way to much like Timmy 2000, though they could place a plot line around how Stan uses his medication to start a drug ring in the school; there haven't been any episodes about that.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:10 am

The problem with Timmy and Kenny is the fact that they're limited due to their speech, as Kenny is muffled, and Timmy has only about 6 sentences of speech. M&T even said in commentaries that they're more of 'props'.

Kenny became more useable because he became Mysterion, thus he can speak a lot and the average viewer can hear him, thus doors opened.

@JDEDJR

I'd like to see more of Craig too. Him, Tweek and Clyde grew on me over the years, though it seems they each got their own episode(s) and then were put back into the background (Pandemic, The List, Underpants Gnomes, Tweek VS Craig). But I too am scared as Butters taking Stan's spot is a very possible outcome, and I dislike Butters centered episodes.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:02 am

JDEDJR wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

This would be way to much like Timmy 2000, though they could place a plot line around how Stan uses his medication to start a drug ring in the school; there haven't been any episodes about that.

That's a very South Park idea. It would be horrible because it's drug abuse and despite there being evidence Stan can easily get high off medication... I would like to pretend he was smart enough to not do it. But it would be a very interesting plot and enjoyable! :)

Haa, I love that line.
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:34 am

Stanluv25 wrote:That's a very South Park idea. It would be horrible because it's drug abuse and despite there being evidence Stan can easily get high off medication... I would like to pretend he was smart enough to not do it. But it would be a very interesting plot and enjoyable! :)

doesn't Stan have a history of substance abuse? He sniffed paint thinner in the Indian episode, and Cartman claims he "needs to lay off the cough syrup" in Big Gay Al.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:58 am

Kenny has more of a substance abuse issue

In Marjorine at the end when he's pouring paint thinner to explode that fortune teller thing he takes a big huff of it after he's done.

The paint thinner part with Stan was in Red Man's Greed where he was sent to find out the cure for SARS. The guy did a few things and told him to breathe in the bag to see the cure. He didn't really know what it was.

As for the cough syrup, that was done. He totally tripped the f*ck out in Quest For Ratings, however everybody did, not just Stan.

The other episode I think was just typical Cartman. I think that was Big Gay Al's Big Gay Boat Ride.
Stan and Kyle :)
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:54 am

While we're on the subject, all the boys have done, been exposed to, touched, and been addicted to drugs/harmful substances before. Ritalin, Marijuana, ecstasy, paint thinner, cat piss, choking themselves, gassed, acid, steroids, growth hormones, beer, cough syrup, tobacco, embalming fluid, sedatives, antibiotics, tranquilizers, anesthesia, heroine, KFC cocaine, mace, AIDS, queefs, vagisil and that's just about all. If I missed any feel free to let me know :D

Edit: Oh, I forgot gasoline for Kenny in Volcano!
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:05 am

RichardV1150 wrote:While we're on the subject, all the boys have done, been exposed to, touched, and been addicted to drugs/harmful substances before. Ritalin, Marijuana, ecstasy, paint thinner, cat piss, choking themselves, gassed, acid, steroids, growth hormones, beer, cough syrup, tobacco, embalming fluid, sedatives, antibiotics, tranquilizers, anesthesia, heroine, KFC cocaine, mace, AIDS, queefs, vagisil and that's just about all. If I missed any feel free to let me know :D

Oh dear god you're right!! :o Wtf? Seriously, wtf? :shock: But in terms of being addicted, some of the ones you mentioned, I cannot recall. Or them being a part of in general. The only mention of ecstasy I remember is Jimmy talking about it in Future Self n' Me, but he might have been joking. I don't remember any tranquilizers or anesthesia. The only antibiotic mention I can remember is in Chicken Pox when Stan needed an antibiotic shot or 'he will die'.

:P

Haa, I love that line.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:21 am

Stanluv25 wrote:
RichardV1150 wrote:While we're on the subject, all the boys have done, been exposed to, touched, and been addicted to drugs/harmful substances before. Ritalin, Marijuana, ecstasy, paint thinner, cat piss, choking themselves, gassed, acid, steroids, growth hormones, beer, cough syrup, tobacco, embalming fluid, sedatives, antibiotics, tranquilizers, anesthesia, heroine, KFC cocaine, mace, AIDS, queefs, vagisil and that's just about all. If I missed any feel free to let me know :D

Oh dear god you're right!! :o Wtf? Seriously, wtf? :shock: But in terms of being addicted, some of the ones you mentioned, I cannot recall. Or them being a part of in general. The only mention of ecstasy I remember is Jimmy talking about it in Future Self n' Me, but he might have been joking. I don't remember any tranquilizers or anesthesia. The only antibiotic mention I can remember is in Chicken Pox when Stan needed an antibiotic shot or 'he will die'.

:P

Tranquilizers from mickey in purity rings, and anesthesia for Kyle, when he went into surgery for a new kidney. Yes I know you don't see it, but surgeries like that require it.
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:26 am

Also, I know no known name for it, but the boys were given something to cause Amnesia, in the episode cancelled. Just thought I'd add that!

Return to “Character Discussion”