The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

William Drive

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby William Drive » Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:39 pm

if Stan leaves the group until such a time they might try to find a replacment friend like in the episode where they try to replace Kenny then Butters and that would be intresting to who they would pick next.
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:10 am

Stan is irreplaceable. Getting rid of him or demoting him to a lesser role would absolutely suck. I think it sucks that Kenny is more background character, and I couldn't take if Stan was put to that status.
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:26 am

Yes, eliminating Stan from the show will suck major balls, plus he's a ordinary character who is based on Trey. I hope they will have an idea to cure his cynical disorder :)
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:57 pm

One of the episodes set to air this October is October 19, anyone think it will be a Stan episode?

(Since it's Trey's and essentially Stan's birthday?)
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:25 pm

raidpirate52 wrote:One of the episodes set to air this October is October 19, anyone think it will be a Stan episode?

(Since it's Trey's and essentially Stan's birthday?)

Oh my gosh. That would be awesome if they do a centered-Stan episode. I would be so happy!
Last edited by starlitlight on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:27 pm

It would be so sweet if Oct 19th's eppy is a Stan one!! :D Can't recall a Stan episode coming out on his exact birthday. That's what's annoying, Stan's b-day is in Oct yet we have an eppy where he celebrates it in frikkin' June!

Well I won't say no to a Stan episode any time of the season. :wink:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
raidpirate52

Postby raidpirate52 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:41 pm

I know that's really is weird, seeing how they had it planned that South Park would start before his b-day and have it cross it too, but you know them. They don't know their episodes until a week before they happen. XD
RichardV1150

Postby RichardV1150 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Like you say now, Stan is irreplaceable. You can't replace such an important character in the show. You see, Stan is a fictional character, but a real person. Now I know that does not make a whole lot of sense, that is because you are not looking at the person behind that character, yourself, and how that character affected you.
In essence, do you recall 'Imaginationland', where imaginary things are fake but real at the same time. Emotions are like that too. Is love a real thing? Maybe not, you certainly can't see love floating around, can't touch it, can't smell it. But, it may have affected your life to where it is real. So Stan is fake and real at the same time too.
Trey is behind Stan, Trey's emotions play into the character Stan, his emotions, personality, social life, everything. You can take Stan and change his environment, his feelings towards things, his friends , but Stan is still Stan.
As long as Stan is done by Trey you can expect the same things and still end up with a different result. Do you get where I'm going?
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Flavis

Postby Flavis » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:01 pm

RichardV1150 wrote:Like you say now, Stan is irreplaceable. You can't replace such an important character in the show. You see, Stan is a fictional character, but a real person. Now I know that does not make a whole lot of sense, that is because you are not looking at the person behind that character, yourself, and how that character affected you.
In essence, do you recall 'Imaginationland', where imaginary things are fake but real at the same time. Emotions are like that too. Is love a real thing? Maybe not, you certainly can't see love floating around, can't touch it, can't smell it. But, it may have affected your life to where it is real. So Stan is fake and real at the same time too.
Trey is behind Stan, Trey's emotions play into the character Stan, his emotions, personality, social life, everything. You can take Stan and change his environment, his feelings towards things, his friends , but Stan is still Stan.
As long as Stan is done by Trey you can expect the same things and still end up with a different result. Do you get where I'm going?

Love not real? Are you serious?? I see and smell love all the time man! Sometimes I can touch it, and other times it touches me when I least expect it. It's everywhere man, you just have to know where to look.

Love is real man. And so is Stan and Kyle. They may be fake to some people, but to me they are as real as strawberries and ice cream.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Flavis wrote:Love is real man. And so is Stan and Kyle. They may be fake to some people, but to me they are as real as strawberries and ice cream.

Well, as they said in Imaginationland (not sure which part), imaginary characters are just as real (if not more so) than actual ones. Stan & Kyle influenced my life more than 90% of real people.
William Drive

Postby William Drive » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:46 pm

best guess is that the next episode of south park will either be a Stan episode or or someone will replace until such a time.
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:35 am

RichardV1150 wrote:Like you say now, Stan is irreplaceable. You can't replace such an important character in the show. You see, Stan is a fictional character, but a real person. Now I know that does not make a whole lot of sense, that is because you are not looking at the person behind that character, yourself, and how that character affected you.

Well said brothah! 8) Stan is so real to me. I like to imagine that all our fav characters exist, just in other dimensions and worlds. Because us as fans make them real. Stan is so real for me, that's why all my SP stories are based around him or his family. I care about him and his happiness (as well as Sharon's) too much to simply say 'they're only cartoon characters.' They aren't because they are with me all the time.

:stanpuke:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 am

Stanluv25 wrote:

Well said brothah! 8) Stan is so real to me. I like to imagine that all our fav characters exist, just in other dimensions and worlds. Because us as fans make them real. Stan is so real for me, that's why all my SP stories are based around him or his family. I care about him and his happiness (as well as Sharon's) too much to simply say 'they're only cartoon characters.' They aren't because they are with me all the time.

:stanpuke:

I agree with both of you! Stan is real to me because I can relate to him :mrgreen:
John_117

Postby John_117 » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 am

Stan relates to the person I hate the most; cynical, think he's so tough, thinks everything should go his way.
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:52 am

John_117 wrote:Stan relates to the person I hate the most; cynical, think he's so tough, thinks everything should go his way.

He'll get cure from it....I hope :( cynical people are mean and selfish :x

Return to “Character Discussion”