The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S20

Discuss South Park characters with all your friends, buddies and guys.

Moderator: Big-Will

Unassumption

Re: The Official Stan Discussion Thread thru S17

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:33 am

My killer goldfish got your reference, Sharon never wass the same after aunt flow died :(

they didn't use stan much lately, and it's not like they can't bring him back if they want to use him again...i don't think things will change too much they just needed something to stop them abusing his dad :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:28 am

Stan will be back to his normal self by 1509 and he and Kyle will become friends again i`m sure.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 pm

It better. If it isn't, I'm burning this motherf*cker down and I am done with the goddamn show. I have been the one defending it to my friends who have been calling it sh*t for years, and to see such utter ruination of a character to ripe for development is absolutely shocking.

I am happy that they finally broke Randy and Sharon up(which I have been pulling towards for years), but it completely and totally pales in comparison to the destruction of Stan.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:10 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47947

- Save Our Stan! Viva La Marsh!

Stan fans, your loyalty is now being tested, and the chips are down. Your voices must now be heard! Viva la Marsh! The revolution better be televised, because that is kinda sorta the point of having his character positively developed henceforth!
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Zazaban wrote:Goodnight sweet prince! :(

(Nobody will get the reference)

...And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

(I'm Shakespeare savvy and meme savvy.)
Last edited by NeuroHeart on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:21 pm

First, do not make me cry. Secondly, join the revolution and let your voice be heard!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=47947

- If you are a Stan fan, then efforts must be concentrated. Victory will come with effort and intelligence. Banish thoughts of defeat!
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:30 pm

I like how despite the fact that Stan's character has undergone some changes, he's getting more publicity now than when his character was the same. I guess what they say is true. Change is good, but it hurts like hell.
Can't we all just get along?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Ignoring his seeming departure do you guys agree he's always been more able to see and less able to ignore the sh*t in things than his friends which leads him to be so suborn in fighting it though he usually does the job with minimal effort...the development into cynicism seems natural for him, though maybe not seeing his friends as speaking sh*t =/
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:24 pm

Unassumption wrote:Ignoring his seeming departure...

I just want to focus on this for a moment. What exactly is it that's given the impression that Stan left South Park? Randy may have, we never saw where he went, but Stan is very clearly walking down the well-known main street at the end when he encounters the random duck.

Yes, Stan had a little cynical streak at times, but he's also ignored a fair amount of sh*t, to.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Didn't I already mention that Stan seems to still be in town in the end hence the "seeming" qualification in that quote?

Their house was put up for sale, his stuff was put in a box and we saw a moving truck so he definitely was the one to move it's not just Randy moving away, it doesn't mean he moved out of town but...when a character gets in a moving truck after falling out with their friends and the show creators saying there's going to be a major change it makes people think that character is gone?

If anyone became cynical it'd be Stan or maybe Butters. Kyle seems to have too much of a fight in him he sees sh*t but good worth fighting for too, kenny sees it but doesn't care, and Cartman well he's a pig rolling round in the sh*t.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:41 pm

I disagree that Kenny doesn't care. Mysterion seems to mean a great deal to him. Of course, the poor kid has also died a hundred times, so there are probably points where he doesn't really care what happens.
Stan has definitely had flashes of cynicism... or really, more accurately, depression.
Butters? Nah. Butters can never be cynical. Now, he might go insane someday, but it won't be a cynical kind of insanity.
I think if Kyle ever declared things to be absolute sh*t, it would be in a passionate way more than a cynical way.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
CCCPkiller

Postby CCCPkiller » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:22 am

I think they are just getting us fired up, then theyll do something that will surprise us! And they may even want to do even MORE seasons!

or i could be totally wrong, and stan is gone for good, and this is the last season.... OH WELL! :D
Kenny McCormick is 10x better than you, and me.
God D**n MONGORIANS!
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:30 am

CCCPkiller wrote:I think they are just getting us fired up, then theyll do something that will surprise us! And they may even want to do even MORE seasons!

or i could be totally wrong, and stan is gone for good, and this is the last season.... OH WELL! :D

EXACTLY. There's no way of knowing until October, so how about until then, we stop making rumors, and if we want to remember Stan, watch a random episode. :)
Can't we all just get along?
Stanluv25

Postby Stanluv25 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:47 am

Stan is not 'dead' or written out of the show. If anyone is, it's Randy. We see Stan in a new house with Sharon, (and Shelley although we didn't see), but Randy is... who knows. I have 110% confidence he is not gone. Stan will come back, as blunt as ever, and to his devoted followers.

I will say this: last night's eppy proved Stan is indeed crucial and important to the show. You take Stan away, the show goes up in flames. If something happens to Stan, it affects everyone. We need this every man. There is a bit of Stan in us all. So there you go Stan haters and dislikers 8)

My poor poor Stanley... the world is gross and full of sh*t now. His parents divorced. He had to move. His friends have left him. He has never been so alone... poor poor thing.... :cry: :cry: :cry:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:06 am

Some here seem to believe that because we do not know what will happen, we should do nothing. Inaction is the ingredient to disaster. I have faith that Matt and Trey are setting us up. I would LOVE that to be the case.

But this is like Mozart threatening to burn what the sheet music for the Requiem.

Return to “Character Discussion”